: Quality window tinting in Atlanta?

Brian in GA
08-01-12, 10:58 PM
Looking for some suggestions for a quality window tinting company here in the metro Atlanta area, preferrably in the NW corridor, Marietta, Woodstock, etc.

I will though, drive a distance for the right company with a perfect finished product.

KFinnell81
08-02-12, 10:15 PM
Got mine done at the Cadillac Dealership in Roswell. Classic Cadillac. They have an in house tint guy that did a damn good job on mine. All he does is caddy's, so he has got it down pretty good.

94danstang
08-05-12, 10:11 PM
Well - I'll let you know how mine goes - I have an appt. with All Pro Tinting in Canton on Wed. Hopefully they don't do me wrong.

Thanks.

DAN

94danstang
08-08-12, 10:03 PM
Got the windows tinted today up at All Pro in Canton GA. Looks great right now - still some wavyness in the rear window but that should go away in a few days.

Brian - I'll let you know in a few days, but so far so good. Very nice staff up there, nice waiting room, everything. I waited on it and it only took about an hour and a half. Might be worth a shot for you.

DAN

Brian in GA
08-08-12, 10:24 PM
Cool, price?!
What kind of tint did they have? Heat reflctive? What percentages did you go with?

94danstang
08-09-12, 09:17 PM
They have Llumar and SunTek tints. I went with the SunTek ceramic CXP35. It was the darkest you could go legally in the ceramic tints that they carry. Here is the link: http://www.suntekfilms.com/automotive/automotive-cxp.aspx.

Looks better today - the wavyness is gone from the back. I still need to check it closely but I don't anticipate any issues.

If you go, let them know I recommended them - I have another car I want to get done and hoping for a discount! ;-)

(BTW, I'll PM you the cost......not sure if kosher to post that)

DAN

extrabolts
08-21-12, 09:55 AM
I had mine done at Oasis - they have two locations and did a nice job. I also had 80% done on the windshield and 50% done on the sunroof, which significantly helps with the heat that gets into the car but does not give a tinted windshield look.

muohio
08-23-12, 09:42 AM
Wish I got to you sooner, I went to the http://www.thetintguy.com/ and they do an awesome job. Went with the 3M Crystaline on the front and rear window plus roof for around $400. Perfect job on the installation and haven't had any problems.

Wicked Wagon
09-01-12, 05:59 PM
They have Llumar and SunTek tints. I went with the SunTek ceramic CXP35. It was the darkest you could go legally in the ceramic tints that they carry. Here is the link: http://www.suntekfilms.com/automotive/automotive-cxp.aspx.

Looks better today - the wavyness is gone from the back. I still need to check it closely but I don't anticipate any issues.

If you go, let them know I recommended them - I have another car I want to get done and hoping for a discount! ;-)

DAN

I had Suntek tint installed on my G8 GT and after a few days the wavyness will completely disappear and will look smooth as glass. You will not regret going with Suntek it is a a quality film.

V-swagon
09-01-12, 07:51 PM
I have been checking with some local shops and the use Johnson window tint. Has anybody used this brand?

Brian in GA
09-02-12, 05:08 PM

DAN

Dan, now that your tint has had a couple weeks to cure, are you happy with the finished product? No waviness, clean install?

Thanks,

Brian.

94danstang
09-05-12, 10:22 PM
Hey Brian - yes, I would have to say I am pretty happy. No more waviness, looks pretty clean, etc. It does have a very very slight green hue to it, but it is only noticable when comparing it to the factory tint of the sunroof.

I will also add - my father in law had his windows tinted at 'The Tint Guy' with their 3m Crystalline tint. Now I haven't seen it yet, but he says he loves it. He had the windshield done, sunroof done, everything. Granted - it's not on a V, but that shouldn't matter for this discussion. So - I guess another vote for the Tint Guy as well.

Thanks.

DAN