: Progrip glass cleaner?

Brian in GA
08-01-12, 11:52 PM
I had the windshield company out to replace a couple of the windshields in my work trucks, I asked if they spare a bottle of cleaner for my personal cars. This girl hands me a bottle of Progrip glass cleaner with a smile. She said you've never used a cleaner like this before, enjoy.

MY GOD! The greatest glass cleaner I've ever used by a mile. The bad news is it's not a retail item, apparently it's supplied to winshield and perhaps glass companies only.

This stuff is light years ahead of any of the other 10+ different glass foams I've used!

I can call my guy (Girl actually) and have her get me a case, just wondering if anyone has a resource for it online? I've looked with no results.

VinATL
08-02-12, 09:24 PM
This stuff?

http://www.serviceautoglass.com/monthly_special.pdf

Brian in GA
08-02-12, 10:34 PM
Yep! That's the stuff, problem is I'm not sure the public can buy and that page is from 2005!! I couldn't find a current outlet to buy from, I'd buy 2 cases, one for me and the wife and one as presents to all my car buddies.

VinATL
08-03-12, 09:07 AM
That's the stuff I think Safelite uses, which I thought was ok. Ever tried denatured alcohol on a microfiber cloth? 50/50 solution with distilled water and watch the magic.

Finish up with either Rain-X if you're in a hurry or RejeX if you have half a day to let it sit.

McGuffy
08-03-12, 10:53 PM
I'll second the water/alcohol mix - 2 parts distiller water, 1 part rubbing alcohol. Amazing.

Brian in GA
08-03-12, 11:08 PM
Cool, I'll give that a try when this bottle runs out. Thanks.

darvish
08-05-12, 12:52 PM
That's the stuff I think Safelite uses, which I thought was ok. Ever tried denatured alcohol on a microfiber cloth? 50/50 solution with distilled water and watch the magic.

Finish up with either Rain-X if you're in a hurry or RejeX if you have half a day to let it sit.

RejeX on glass? better than Rain-X?

VinATL
08-05-12, 01:25 PM
Yeah it is. Some of my Vette friends with no washer fluid on board swear by it.

Seems to last longer than rainx and doesn't have the wiper skip problem.

I just treated my V, so far so good. I'm planning to use my wiper fluid reservoir for meth, so I'll be in that boat too.

M5eater
08-08-12, 09:21 AM
soo.. I'm the only one using OTS stoner? I will admit it has not removed the factory residue that seems to still remain on my windshield, but for removing dirt/bugs, normally only 1-2 applications is all that's been required.

hcvone
08-08-12, 12:09 PM
soo.. I'm the only one using OTS stoner? I will admit it has not removed the factory residue that seems to still remain on my windshield, but for removing dirt/bugs, normally only 1-2 applications is all that's been required.

Been using Stoner glass cleaner since the early 80's, they are not to from from me in Pa, the key is a rough surface towel, a wipe down with 3M Adhesive Remover or rubbing alcohol should remove any sticker residue

M5eater
08-08-12, 12:12 PM
This is more like fog that you can see in direct sunlight. I'm not sure what it is, I just know it won't come off. It's got to be from the assembly line, when I bought the car you could see the imprints the glass suction cups made in this residue.

darvish
08-09-12, 09:59 PM
My Lotus Elise is NOTORIOUS for fogging the inside of the windshield... It is allegedly volatiles from the plastic dash.. nothing short of MEK... Methyl Ethyl Ketone.. would remove it.

larry arizona
08-11-12, 08:49 AM
New car interiors will let off a constant flow of gasses that fog the windshield for the first couple years. Keep cleaning it.........