: Front Struts and Rear Brakes and Rotors?

LiquidTrader
08-01-12, 04:56 PM
I took my car in and they said my front struts are leaking and I need to replace them.

Also told me to replace Back Brakes plus Rotors.

How hard to do these yourself?

Where can I get original parts for each?

They want $1700 for the struts
$625 for back brakes plus rotors

RippyPartsDept
08-01-12, 05:24 PM
email or PM me your VIN and i'll work you up a price quote ... rotors can be expensive to ship but i can probably get you some good acdelco ones pretty cheap

acdelco offers three lines now from good, to better, to best (advantage, durastop professional, and oem/oes)
the advantage line usually has rotors for under $50 each and in my opinion they're just about as good as the oem and durastop rotors (which are pretty close to eachother in price and quality)
and especially on the rears - i think the rears only see like 25% of the braking duty

scott9001
08-01-12, 06:03 PM
yes about the quality thing they might seem as good of quality but here in canda i find if you put the cheap rotos on the salt messes them right up! but if your in a nice warm place without snow and salt id just put the cheap rotors on but dont cheap out on pads!

LiquidTrader
08-01-12, 06:15 PM
I'm in AZ

LiquidTrader
08-01-12, 06:40 PM
What would it cost me for front struts and rear brake pads and rotors!?

RippyPartsDept
08-01-12, 07:13 PM
PM or email me your VIN and i'll work up a price quote for you

... and the acdelco advantage rotors are priced like the cheap ones but are still way better
read up here: http://www.acdelco.com/parts/brakes/advantage-brake-rotors-drums/

flyers7732
08-01-12, 07:36 PM
i just did front struts on mine, piece of cake, i paid $1000 for both took me 30 mins me to put them in. but wait till they start making noise before you buy new ones mine lasted 5k while leaking before they started to squeak, got mine from here http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/

RippyPartsDept
08-01-12, 08:14 PM
i might be able to offer a better deal than those online gm parts sites

check with me before pulling the trigger with them

LiquidTrader
08-02-12, 12:04 AM
I will send you my VIN soon.

What do you charge for TPMS?

8323matt
08-02-12, 02:51 PM
I just bought some centric premium rotors and centric pads all for 300 shipped from RockAuto.com. They usually have the best deals around that I have found. Use this for a 5% discount 4BC4B2E63BD7

RippyPartsDept
08-02-12, 03:55 PM
i've been finding that amazon has even better pricing (when the part you want is available on amazon) and shipping is cheaper too when you're a prime subscriber