: Bluetooth blues

rickmohr
07-30-12, 10:00 PM
I'm a new guy. Just bought an '05 STS last Tuesday. Today I'm 1100 miles out on a 5000 mile trip. Lovin' it. Powerful, handles and rides awesome, good mileage (23MPG+), what's not to love?
But do I really have to reintroduce my iPhone every time I get back into the car? Isn't there some way to make the car automatically recognize my phone?
There are other secrets I'll need to know about later, but this one will stave off frustration.
Thanks,
Rick

AllWheelEric
07-30-12, 11:12 PM
You need to mark your phone as the default phone in the Bluetooth configuration screen. I don't have the step-by-step instructions handy but your phone will be underlined when you have done it correctly.

The default phone will not activate correctly when you have used the remote start function. This is a bug with no known fix.

B1n2fra
07-31-12, 07:58 AM
You need to mark your phone as the default phone in the Bluetooth configuration screen. I don't have the step-by-step instructions handy but your phone will be underlined when you have done it correctly.

The default phone will not activate correctly when you have used the remote start function. This is a bug with no known fix.

Sometimes if I remote start my car and I'm to close to it the bluetooth would connect before I even get in the car and press the start button. Annoys me sometimes especially when I'm in the house on the phone.

EChas3
08-01-12, 12:30 AM
I disagree. My Bluetooth works fine after remote-start.

However, I can't remote-start the car when my wife has left her key in it. (We are on vacation & livin' the dream.)

rickmohr
08-01-12, 08:16 PM
Thanks to all for the input. I'll work on the default setting.
Remote start hasn't been an issue relative to the phone, being as sofar I haven't been able to make remote start work.

Ludacrisvp
08-01-12, 08:29 PM
Thanks to all for the input. I'll work on the default setting.
Remote start hasn't been an issue relative to the phone, being as sofar I haven't been able to make remote start work.

Make sure all doors and hood is closed press lock then press and hold start until lights flash again, it should start then. I think you also have to make sure it's enabled in the radio and you need to use a fob that the car sees as #1 or #2.

RippyPartsDept
08-01-12, 09:27 PM
also remote start will not work when the check engine light is on

rickmohr
08-04-12, 12:29 PM
I got the phone set as default. That makes a huge difference when you're on a long trip and in and out of the car often.
I didn't know to push lock before trying to remote start. I'll give that a shot. No issues with check engine light, and doors and trunk are/have been closed.
Thanks again guys.

rickmohr
08-04-12, 10:35 PM
Now knowing to push lock first, remote start works. But when I climbed in, the radio/nav was dead. Nothing doing. Untill I shut if off, climbed out, walked away then back. Once I sat down and started the motor, all was right with the world once again.
What the heck's up with that?
Thanks again for bringing the FNG up to speed.
Rick

Ludacrisvp
08-04-12, 11:11 PM
You still have to "start" it after getting in.

rickmohr
08-05-12, 01:47 PM
That worked, kinda.
The nav screen lit up and everything looked normal, but no audio. (Mute not engaged.) I'll futz with it.
Thanks,
Rick

DdoubleE
08-05-12, 04:02 PM
I bought my STS over a year ago. When I first got it and tried using the auto start it keep making my check engine light come on. So I just stopped using it.