: Too good to be true?

brandondeleo
07-30-12, 05:52 AM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3148098511.html

MrHolland
07-30-12, 06:10 AM
I love the pillow top seats!!! Timeless IMO, something manufacturers should bring back!!

Jesda
07-30-12, 06:14 AM
Wow, I love the color. I'd drive that anywhere.

brandondeleo
07-30-12, 06:25 AM
Soooo nice. I wish this popped up when I was in the market for a new car.

AElayyat
07-30-12, 08:26 AM
Only if it were closer to me & I didn't have 4 cars already...

RippyPartsDept
07-30-12, 10:16 AM
i wonder why they put all those other car names in the keywords section at the bottom and didn't even put fleetwood in there ... :hmm:

does seem legit though

... also it has all power options!

bigm57ict
07-30-12, 12:01 PM
i wonder why they put all those other car names in the keywords section at the bottom and didn't even put fleetwood in there ... :hmm:

"Fleetwood" is already in the listing title and description.

Beautiful car!!

The-Dullahan
07-30-12, 01:21 PM
Seems to be a pretty standard price to me. Either you don't shop around or Fleetwoods are rare in Seattle. Either way, I blame hipsters.

I keep a regular watch over the local Fleetwood Broughams in Florida. There is a Coupe Brougham that has been being relisted for the last three years with a 350 in it. I have talked the owner down to $2700. One day when I decide I want to buy it, I will head out.

The price this guy is asking in Seattle would have bought you a triple white (with red carpet) '92 De'Elegance in Miami with wire wheels, sunroof and all other options. The car looked literally brand new and was listed as having "0 Miles" (Which was of course inaccurate...because there is just no way)

I contacted the owner and he wanted $5k, which is a lot for a FWB, but in the end it sold for $4k. He also had a blue one later on, again with all options. Interestingly, in spite of a near identical condition, he only asked $3,500 for the blue one.

Prior to buying the Lincoln, I looked at all the local Broughams, even went to see a few. I will in the end buy another, but am trying not to sacrifice any more of my parking spots at the moment, as there are times I actually regularly use the vacant ones. There have been two Lincolns in Fl recently that have particularly appealed to me. I found one by complete accident, but it was exactly like one I always said I would like to own (And particularly rare and specific, so I will probably not find another one, even if I were looking) in Daytona that sold for $2,000. If I had the parking reserved for it already, I would have bought it during the CLC meet.

orconn
07-30-12, 01:27 PM
Looks to be in very nice shape and offered at a fair price if it runs well!

CadillacLuke24
07-30-12, 04:12 PM
I'd agree. In this day and age, cars of such vintage are seen as gas hogs, so they likely don't sell well, especially in your *ahem* eco-friendly part of the world.

77CDV
07-30-12, 04:42 PM
I'd so be all over that. :drool:

orconn
07-30-12, 04:47 PM
Florida, especially, seems awash in cheap, nice Cadillacs!

The-Dullahan
07-30-12, 05:07 PM
^This. Where you can get a showroom quality FWB for $5k and call it pricey.

CadillacLuke24
07-30-12, 08:00 PM
Yeah. I can find countless cars like mine in FL on teh interwebs. I should swing by some time.

cadi509
07-30-12, 08:23 PM
I love the big fleetwoods from 90-96, Brandon I've seen a few on craigslist and autotrader that would live fit for you but idk I your still looking for one

Playdrv4me
07-31-12, 04:29 AM
Austin finds ones in that price range all the time in Georgia and FL. I think they're just less common up there.

I saw one of those with a black exterior and the wheels from the last generation Fleetwood that Austin showed me once and decided if I were ever going to get one, that would be it.

EcSTSatic
07-31-12, 08:43 AM
You can definitely see where the nickname "motorized couch" came from ;)

CadillacLuke24
07-31-12, 02:54 PM
:yeah: You could probably park near a truckstop with showers, and you'd have a better "house" than many folks! :histeric:

creeker
07-31-12, 04:24 PM
I love the pillow top seats!!! Timeless IMO, something manufacturers should bring back!!

My 80 cdv. had pillow top seats, I think these are actually called diamond tufted, just curious.

brandondeleo
07-31-12, 05:01 PM
My 80 cdv. had pillow top seats, I think these are actually called diamond tufted, just curious.
:yeah:

MrHolland
07-31-12, 05:46 PM
There are other terms used in the upolstery world too,,,,,,Call them what you must, I like em!!!!