: Should have got the extended warranty.....

cadyowner6901
07-29-12, 12:16 AM
Didnt think a 2002 Deville with 50,000 miles could give me so many problems. Missfire code:changed coil pack,it was the module, did I mention what a pain in the ass the rear coil pack is... power steering high pressure line now leaking, I think the right side cv joint is starting to go bad. outside temp not working , antena fell off rear window. Oh yeah this all started 2 weeks after warranty ended!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the car but FRUSTRATED...

77CDV
07-29-12, 12:22 AM
Sorry to hear about all your troubles. Looks like Murphy's Law is still in effect. :(

Aron9000
07-29-12, 02:35 AM
Sounds about right for a Northstar powered car. Expect to be fixing something every month.

Jesda
07-29-12, 03:11 AM
Sucks man. Post in the FWD/Deville forum to get some help.

Ranger
07-29-12, 10:54 AM
:welcome:

Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20.

77CDV
07-29-12, 04:03 PM
^True dat.

talismandave
07-29-12, 11:25 PM
I sold them while at the dealership. I didn't make anything personally from the sale but great peace of mind I would have a happy customer. Lots of people passed and said it was just a way for the dealer to make money. They were profitable for us, but that has not stopped me from buying the longest, best coverage, and lowest deductible, I can get. Don't feel tied to the manufacturers plan, lots of great after factory ones out there. I also always tell the dealer I don't want it. I never buy it until after I pick up my car. Half the time the dealer will offer to take a discount to get you to buy. If not, ask. If they say no, go elsewhere. Never paid full boat for a car, same applies to warranty.

cadyowner6901
07-30-12, 10:38 PM
FWD/Deville forum????? pretty new here, how do I get there?

talismandave
07-31-12, 01:01 AM
Click on "Cadillac Forum" on bottom or top of page. Then go to "Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion". Under that you will find the "Cadillac Deville ....FWD". Once there click on "Post A New Tread". Pick a title and post your problem.
Welcome to the forum!