: Accessory or items that identifies you...

fortes89
07-28-12, 02:27 PM
What accessory or item you have in your car that identifies you, your country or just something you like a lot? It could be a sticker, something hanging from the mirror, doesn't matter if its outside or inside the car. Post pictures! I'll post mine as soon as I get a chance.

Small Country Flag (got it at the mall)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/fortes89/20120521_100514.jpg

Face Of Wisdom (bought at a shop in St. Augustine - designed for a necklace but decided to hang it on the rear view mirror with a string from a hoodie)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/fortes89/20120728_133939.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/fortes89/20120728_133936.jpg

talismandave
07-28-12, 02:31 PM
Great thread idea. No photos now...but I will.

MrHolland will have to wait until his coronation....

CadillacLuke24
07-28-12, 03:36 PM
I kid you not, my key identifier is an automobile. A 1996 DeVille, actually. :D

My buddies know my car, and most of my classmates do too. My bicycle and my race red helmet peg me pretty good as well.

The-Dullahan
07-28-12, 04:26 PM
I have contemplated various grille badges for the Lincoln, but all it has is fuzzy dice.

The Pontiac is purely and simply identified as mine by itself as a whole, due to all the blood I poured into it's restoration.

The Chevrolet is truly my late Father's and will thereby always identify itself as his.

The Triumph matches the Cadillac pretty well. Not many people see it frequently enough where it has to be associated with me, but I will say that many people have instantly suspected it was mine as they saw me walking through a parking lot. Not as many as with the Cadillac.

The Ford is...well, it's just another Ford.

The Mack is always identified immediately by those even remotely familiar with it as mine, from miles down the highway. You don't see many like it, especially not in the area, where most of the trucks are more modern Stirlings or Internationals and nearly all are owned by a company and thereby painted in it's scheme (large shipping corporations, super markets, etc) The interior and the engine bay reflect what I thought looked nice, either through mixed and matched parts or things I just chose to add because I could, but few people regularly see this. I would be lying if I said I had never thought of putting large, wooden chairs or a bench with pin upholstery and carved accents as seats in a large truck. Another truck in the family/business reflects my in a different sense. Some of you may have seen it on here in occasional, yet rare photos, photos on Facebook or photos sent to their cellular telephones, but it is a big, red (though smaller than the mack) Peterbuilt with the name "NASTA" (My surname) printed on the side, which is fairly easy to associate with myself. It is driven on most occasions and thereby, so far as I am concerned, not technically mine, but my Uncle's. I just sort of..."hold it" for him, due to having more places to do so and have seldom needed it for anything. When I have, it has almost universally been driven by someone else.

But above all else, the Cadillac is entirely embodied as my own, which is why when it [fairly regularly] pops up on Youtube or someone's blog, it typically takes less than 24 hours for me to be notified by a friend that it is there (Which means my friends subscribe to the strangest things) I suppose among her signature accessories are my coffin, ridiculous sound system, excessive other electronics, the zombie peering out the window and of course, the mercedes ornament that hangs off of the left side of my driver's side sun visor, a trophy of a war not yet entirely won.

Submariner409
07-28-12, 05:45 PM
On the car, a 2-letter license plate.

On the truck, on the cap rear lower window frame, a sticker: "There is no life west of the Chesapeake Bay". You must be a long-time resident of the Eastern Shore to understand the depth of implication.

orconn
07-28-12, 05:50 PM
What is the significane of a two or three letter or number license plate? Her in Virginia it indicates a member of the state legislature.

Submariner409
07-28-12, 06:16 PM
Blind luck a long time ago - my car license plate letters are the first two letters of my first (nickname) and last (surname) names - SW. Had it since I got back to MD (home of record) in '79. The truck has the lineal number of my SubVets membership ID.

orconn
07-28-12, 06:18 PM
That's pretty neat!

MrHolland
07-28-12, 08:53 PM
Great thread idea. No photos now...but I will.

MrHolland will have to wait until hie coronation....
Soon I will be "THE MONARCH",,,,the only Monarch in the forum!!

-------My wife came up with that

ryannel2003
07-28-12, 08:59 PM

My buddies know my car, and most of my classmates do too. My bicycle and my race red helmet peg me pretty good as well.

Everybody knew me because I was the 18 year old in the big, silver Cadillac. I do miss the individuality of driving the STS. In the Bimmer, I look like every other punk douche who has one.

MotownPimp
07-28-12, 09:03 PM

orconn
07-28-12, 09:05 PM
^^^ Ryan maybe you should try wearing a suit and growing a beard, then you'll just look like every other young lawyer who drives one!

ryannel2003
07-28-12, 09:09 PM
Haha I never thought of doing that! I've already got a head start on the beard, so I'm almost there!

Aron9000
07-28-12, 11:20 PM
The Caddy is pretty self identifing. Its the only red Fleetwood I've seen in Nashville, plus the only one with Impala SS rims with Cadillac crest center caps and no vinyl top. With the blacked out windows and wheels, it really gets rid of that fuddy-duddy look these cars can sometimes have with the factory wheels.

As for the truck, well its a sad looking pile, but it definetly has character. Nobody else's beater truck can claim to be painted in black house paint, have white paint spilled all over the rear bumper, have a front bumper tied on with an extension cord, a busted windshield, and not a straight body panel on it.

I can't stand people who put those "In loving memory" signs on their back window. I've been meaning to go to the custom sign man and have him do me up "In loving memory of: YO MOMMA!!!!" on the back window of the truck.

Jesda
07-29-12, 01:14 AM
I now have a "ninja" bumper sticker. I have no idea what it means or what its about, but it was free.

talismandave
07-29-12, 02:23 AM
I now have a "ninja" bumper sticker. I have no idea what it means or what its about, but it was free.
...that's what all the Ninja's say...

talismandave
07-29-12, 02:25 AM

We have to get Luke a "Like" bumper sticker.

cadi509
07-29-12, 02:56 AM
I have a black grenade sticker in the rear window window which is pretty much unnoticeable, a 04+ N* badge, the chrome surround and emblem chrome on the grill is painted black and a #4 Cadillac heritage badge other than those little things I look like just another Seville to the common eye

talismandave
07-29-12, 03:17 AM
I think this sums it up pretty good...no dash, no steering wheel, filler dust everywhere, but cigars and lighter within reach of non-existent driver....

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p519/davidpraedel/talismandave/IMG_20120728_182429.jpg

MrHolland
07-29-12, 03:24 AM
Those chairs look very comfortable!!!

talismandave
07-29-12, 09:10 AM
Someday I will spend time in them without a tool in my hand!:helpless:

ogbuehi
07-29-12, 09:41 AM
Marine corps emblem license plates in front of both my Cadillacs. On in traditional scarlet and gold USMC colors that perfectly matches the car and the other in black and silver.

The-Dullahan
07-29-12, 02:08 PM
We have to get Luke a "Like" bumper sticker.

http://www.redrockdecals.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/fefd73add5c3f1c8670a65ce1314fb9c/9/6/9670_fblike.jpg

talismandave
07-29-12, 02:23 PM
Oh Luke, You have GOT to get one of those!

...and yes I felt the irony of liking that post...:bonkers:

Ranger
07-29-12, 03:21 PM
I've added 4 note trumpet horns, torque struts & floor console, but I guess the thing that most "identifies me" would have to be my key chain.

orconn
07-29-12, 03:41 PM
I am not noted for the "personalization" of my automobiles (some would say that some of the cars I have owned and driven were unique enough!) I modified and embellished my current 1995 Seville STS so that it is distinguishable from the dwindling numbers of similar cars in the Richmond Area. While the stock alloys that came standard that came on the car were very nice I have had first generation CTS polished alloys fitted, and i must say I a happy with this deviation from stock appearance. My only other "identifier" on the car is an oval "Kagnew Station" sticker which is affixed to the rear facing part of the trunk lid. The sticker is not here for cosmetic reasons , but rather to let others who shared the same experience of being at the U.S.'s sole African base in the late 1960's and that I would like to meet them.

The sticker looks like this: 95401

Should you see one of these, in all probability the car is being driven by some old coot who was a "spook" or support personnel in the Horn of Africa during the Cold War .... and enjoyed the experience!

CadillacLuke24
07-29-12, 03:43 PM
Purple Heart?! ROCK ON DUDE!

CadillacLuke24
07-29-12, 03:44 PM
http://www.redrockdecals.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/fefd73add5c3f1c8670a65ce1314fb9c/9/6/9670_fblike.jpg I am seriously considering this. Just for you guys. If I can get my butt to a CF meet, it WILL happen.

Submariner409
07-29-12, 03:45 PM
Still got my original dog tags, and never got shot in combat, so no PH. Attaboy !

orconn
07-29-12, 04:07 PM
I still have my dog tags too, been in combat, been shot at, never wounded, Thank God! But my sincere appreciation for those who received a Purple Heart, and thankful that their are many who lived to tell about!

thebigjimsho
07-29-12, 04:38 PM
Blind luck a long time ago - my car license plate letters are the first two letters of my first (nickname) and last (surname) names - SW. Had it since I got back to MD (home of record) in '79. The truck has the lineal number of my SubVets membership ID.pfft. If you were from Delaware, then I'd be impressed.

thebigjimsho
07-29-12, 04:41 PM
http://www.redrockdecals.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/fefd73add5c3f1c8670a65ce1314fb9c/9/6/9670_fblike.jpgThese do exist. I have seen them personally...

thebigjimsho
07-29-12, 04:42 PM
I do have a VIR sticker on my passenger side rear window.

brandondeleo
07-29-12, 05:51 PM
I have Central Washington University license plate frames..

talismandave
07-30-12, 12:39 AM
I have only seen/held two Purple Hearts. They both were awarded to a friend of my parents.
The first for D Day, then, was patched up and back to the front to earn the second one.
Sadly he, like so many of our WW II heroes, is no longer with us. Yet, I...and many others remember him, and his remarkable stories.
My heroes are not pop stars or athletes, they are people like Charlie Bisco and all of his, and our, brothers-in-arms.

MrHolland
07-30-12, 01:27 AM
Vey well said sir.

talismandave
07-30-12, 01:37 AM
Now I did what the only personal items I have in the Talisman yesterday(other than tools), today I got shots of the three personal items in the Volvo.(other than trash)

My personalized licence plate. Same since 1978. (and a nod to Top Gear)
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p519/davidpraedel/talismandave/IMG_20120729_185408.jpg

My cigar holder.
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p519/davidpraedel/talismandave/IMG_20120729_185353.jpg

The-Dullahan
07-30-12, 01:42 AM
I am seriously considering this. Just for you guys. If I can get my butt to a CF meet, it WILL happen.

Damn straight it will, because I'd slap it on your car the first chance I got. I'd also put a Fedora on the hood.

Dammit Sting, I didn't think of that at the CLC meet... WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

brandondeleo
07-30-12, 01:46 AM
There's a big car show in Ellensburg on the 22nd of September. It's free and you don't have to register. It could host a meet... :sneaky:

talismandave
07-30-12, 02:11 AM
http://www.redrockdecals.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/fefd73add5c3f1c8670a65ce1314fb9c/9/6/9670_fblike.jpg

After thinking about it. If we all met up it would be more appropriate for Luke to put them on all of our cars!:cool:

CadillacLuke24
07-30-12, 02:29 AM
After thinking about it. If we all met up it would be more appropriate for Luke to put them on all of our cars!:cool:

NOW YOU'RE SPEAKING MY LANGUAGE!!!

I should get some of these and place them under the wipers of local rides I deem likeworthy

The-Dullahan
07-30-12, 02:46 AM
^This. But if you actually stuck one to my car at a meet, even I cannot imagine the consequences.

I know a local manager of a Vacation Home Rental company who has a "I AM THE STIG" decal. When sold his car and got a new one, he not only bought a new decal, but deliberately removed the old one, so the new owner could not own one, due to Highlander Law.

talismandave
07-30-12, 09:46 AM
I was in traffic yesterday behind a car that had an "I am the Stig" sticker on it. I had to speed up on ramp and cut in front of him so he could let the teacher go first.(behavior I usually abhor.) I hope he at least got the humor of it!
PS...that little 5 cyl turbo rocks out from 30-65 mph!

Ranger
07-30-12, 11:33 AM
First time I've seen a cigar holder like that! :thumbsup:

talismandave
07-30-12, 02:59 PM
3/8 inch cable/wire strap.

CadillacLuke24
07-30-12, 05:21 PM
^This. But if you actually stuck one to my car at a meet, even I cannot imagine the consequences.

Fear not my eccentric Irish acquaintance. I don't like bumper stickers on my car, so I would treat other's vehicles similarly.

The-Dullahan
07-30-12, 06:08 PM
I have been known to rock some Bumper magnets.

"Bela Lugosi is still Undead."

and

"Dead Girls Like Me"

CadillacLuke24
07-30-12, 08:58 PM
I have been known to rock some Bumper magnets.

"Bela Lugosi is still Undead."

and

"Dead Girls Like Me"

Tell you noobs what. If you find a Like bumper magnet, I will get it. No stickers. MAGNETS!

The-Dullahan
07-31-12, 12:59 PM
Tell you noobs what. If you find a Like bumper magnet, I will get it. No stickers. MAGNETS!

Easy. I can make you one. PM me your mailing address and it will be taken care of.

orconn
07-31-12, 02:07 PM
Way back in my younger days,I used a driving accessory not commonly seen even the ancient past of the nineteen sixties! With my first few cars I wore string back driving gloves. This was not an affectation with me but rather an aid that gave me better control and comfort while driving the high performance cars I preferred in those days. You see unlike today's heavy weight "luxo barge" fast cars, the really fast cars of that period didn't have power steering, air conditioning, you shifted for yourself to gain maximum performance .... and many of the European performance cars sports and GT had varnished wood and alloy steering wheels. These steering wheels were hard and when your hands got sweaty became slippery despite the finger indents on their back surfaces. So driving gloves were not just an affectation of the effete as they seem to be today , but a useful accessory providing both better comfort, but also better control of the vehicle!

M5eater
07-31-12, 02:15 PM
I don't keep anything in my car sans some sun glasses.

So I'd have to say it would be the $300 Luxe floor mats. They say ' I like a clean car, and I appreciate it (the car) for what it is (a CTS-V) '

The lack of items would suggest that I don't mess around when I'm driving-- I'm there to drive. A lot of times I don't even have the radio on.

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz56/blmlozz/DSC_2595.jpg

brandondeleo
07-31-12, 03:21 PM
I don't keep anything in my car sans some sun glasses.
I'm exactly the same way. I don't even keep a CD case in the car. (Flash drive on head unit.)

Those are some sweet ass floor mats, dude.

bigm57ict
07-31-12, 03:33 PM
I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Not many accessories.

True for me as well. My identifying characteristic is: a 17-year-old Cadillac that is always clean and shiney like a new one (including pearly white sidewalls) and hasn't been converted into a ghetto cruiser. :p

CadillacLuke24
07-31-12, 03:58 PM
Easy. I can make you one. PM me your mailing address and it will be taken care of.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I'll send you my college location once I get close to arriving. I reckon all my car photos I post on here should include that at some point :D

dkozloski
07-31-12, 04:10 PM
The only accessory you'll find in my car is a long haired Pembroke Welsh Corgi.

Submariner409
07-31-12, 07:05 PM

What about the sawed-off Model 12 ?

talismandave
08-01-12, 12:21 AM
I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Not many accessories.

True for me as well. My identifying characteristic is: a 17-year-old Cadillac that is always clean and shiney like a new one (including pearly white sidewalls) and hasn't been converted into a ghetto cruiser. :p
And that says a lot about you! Nothing says gentleman like a well tended fine old Cadillac.:highfive:

talismandave
08-01-12, 12:22 AM
....or an magnanimous gift!

talismandave
08-01-12, 12:24 AM
OK Koz...you know the rules...PICTRES, Please? We love doggies!:bouncy:

talismandave
08-01-12, 12:26 AM
What about the sawed-off Model 12 ?
I'm sure gonna call you gentleman!

thebigjimsho
08-01-12, 11:36 AM

Amsome!

CadillacLuke24
08-01-12, 07:21 PM
Dullahan, check yo Inbox :D

This will be interesting.

If you could, please, mail it on Monday, that way I will have a nice surprise when I get down there on Saturday.

The-Dullahan
08-01-12, 08:00 PM
The address you sent was not exactly specific, so I checked with Google Earth and re-messaged you to confirm the results it gave me.

CadillacLuke24
08-01-12, 09:23 PM
Backatcha. The dorms have their own mailboxes for each room, so the adresses seem weird, but they work just fine. Wouldn't want Sarah Sadness or Hannah Homesick to miss out on her care package!

ShapeShifter
08-01-12, 09:38 PM
Bar and Shield items, plus 100TH Anniversary Decal on rear window and front license plate of the Truck. The Cadillac only has a subtle Caddy License Frame. The TSi has Jazz Radio Station front plate & Turbo license plate frames.

truckinman
08-01-12, 11:29 PM
Oh god when I had my jeeps, I ALWAYS made sure my jeeps would stand out amongst other jeeps. Lol. Everybody knew me by my jeeps. From all the 100 watt offroad lights (as many as 5 pairs on one jeep) to my brush guards to my roof racks and tires. Lol. But I'm just not as interested in making my caddy an identifying object for me. Lol. It's already got unique wheels unlike any ive seen on another caddy, but other than that, I may just smoke out the lights. Lol. Bout it.

The-Dullahan
08-02-12, 12:03 AM
I have always liked Wranglers. When the four-doors came out, I thought I would hate them. Instead, I see myself owning one with many spotlamps, a sturdier lifted suspension, reinforced steel in place of the fenders, a roof rack with many lights, a winch, some spare tyres and two jerry cans of petrol.

I simply have no reason to own such a vehicle yet.

brandondeleo
08-02-12, 12:12 AM
I have always liked Wranglers. When the four-doors came out, I thought I would hate them. Instead, I see myself owning one with many spotlamps, a sturdier lifted suspension, reinforced steel in place of the fenders, a roof rack with many lights, a winch, some spare tyres and two jerry cans of petrol.
I felt exactly the same way! I disliked them at first because it just didn't feel like a Wrangler anymore, but they really grew on me. Now if I ever had a Wrangler (not my kind of car anyway) it would have to be an Unlimited.

http://wranglerunlimitedreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-Rear-Side-View.jpg

orconn
08-02-12, 12:24 AM
Get rid of the those stupid doors .... those are for "girlie men!" And get some steel wheels instead of those pansy fashion alloys!

brandondeleo
08-02-12, 12:29 AM
That's what's nice about Wranglers... You can just pop them off.

talismandave
08-02-12, 05:52 AM

I simply have no reason to own such a vehicle yet.

As a past owner of a Wrangler I need to enter into this discussion. No reason to own one is the best reason there is. As to the 4 door, while I think it is really cool, I would recomend the original wheelbased model. Unless the added doors are a must.
One of the greatest parts of my ownership experience was the handling of the short wide wheelbase. They are quite fun to drive and I think that would be lost on the four door model. That was one of the longest I have ever owned a vehicle without getting bored!

The-Dullahan
08-02-12, 06:26 AM
While I am no longer without parking space for yet another car in my possession, I am kind of avoiding buying another for a bit. Five cars a bike and a fullsize Mack truck are plenty. In fact, I will very soon be storing another fullsize truck for an uncle of mine. Too bad it's red, but at least my name is painted on the side.

When I decide to get my Jeep...I will. I also need a fifties station wagon, at least one more Hearse, room to begin my rat rod project and some sort of other Cadillac, to keep everything balanced.

CadillacLuke24
08-02-12, 04:09 PM
While I am no longer without parking space for yet another car in my possession, I am kind of avoiding buying another for a bit. Five cars a bike and a fullsize Mack truck are plenty. In fact, I will very soon be storing another fullsize truck for an uncle of mine. Too bad it's red, but at least my name is painted on the side.

When I decide to get my Jeep...I will. I also need a fifties station wagon, at least one more Hearse, room to begin my rat rod project and some sort of other Cadillac, to keep everything balanced.

So THAT'S the 16.4 Liter. Dang dude, you have quite the collection. Sell something recently?

The-Dullahan
08-02-12, 10:37 PM
998 Cubic Inches of businessware. Soon to be accompanied by a slightly smaller cousin in bright red.

I have never sold one of my cars. Ever. I did sell my Mum's car once though. Tomorrow I am going to go look at another Hearse...but it's actually for someone I know. Not enough Hearses in my area, so since someone local is selling his, I demand someone else local buy it.

I think when I move, I will utilize the truck to transport my other cars (Save the Chevrolet, which will wait a bit longer, or may never leave Florida at all) and some personal storage crates. Will make for a fun road trip album, for sure.

ShapeShifter
08-03-12, 01:40 AM
Get rid of the those stupid doors .... those are for "girlie men!" And get some steel wheels instead of those pansy fashion alloys!
And I kind of like the 4 drs. So now there's another negative label for me. Guess I'll have to hire a nanny, impregnate her, and then I'll have "man upped" my status. Heck, I don’t have a wife, so that may not count.lol

truckinman
08-03-12, 02:33 AM
I felt exactly the same way! I disliked them at first because it just didn't feel like a Wrangler anymore, but they really grew on me. Now if I ever had a Wrangler (not my kind of car anyway) it would have to be an Unlimited.

The 4 door grew on me as well. I figured id hate them. But I actually really like them now. But when I do get another wrangler, I'm gonna stick with the first gen. A YJ. 1987-95 wrangler. My absolute favorite body style. My dad bought a brand new one in 87. Had it for 26 years which is why I think that's my fav generation. Lol. Besides his, I've had two others from that gen alone. 93 and 95. I actually REALLY wanna find one dressed up like the ones in jurassic Park! But every time ive found one on eBay, it's just not 100%. It's either to old so it's doesn't have the full roll cage like in the movie. Or it'll have a 4 cylinder instead of the 6 like in the movie. Or it's not the sahara model to begin with, which in the movie they used all sahara models so they had the green seats with tan leather pouches on the seat backs. One time I did find one that was actually from the set but even I didn't feel it was worth the 20 grand the guy was asking.

mikedyk43
08-03-12, 03:42 AM
I haven't worn my uniform in almost 10 years but I still love to see the Tab n Scroll, so now the car gets to wear them.
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6fa460f-715b-f8c5.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6fa460f-7177-0ce4.jpg

ShapeShifter
08-03-12, 03:37 PM
I haven't worn my uniform in almost 10 years....
If it still fits, I'm impressed!:cool:.....and I salute you.

Nice truck too.

mikedyk43
08-04-12, 02:34 AM
If it still fits, I'm impressed!:cool:.....and I salute you.

Nice truck too.

Thank you, Sir! I did put on my woodland camies last summer to play paintball with my son and they fit... like the new shirt that shrunk after going through the dryer for the first time. I was pretty surprised at how many of the young kids at the paintball park in Southern California recognized my unit patch. The ones that didn't found out on the field, hahaha!!!

deckofficer
08-05-12, 01:43 PM
I would have to say my sidekick to the V, my Track-T. Everyone in these parts knows the CTS-V to be my slower, more civilized ride.
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/deckofficer/Casa%20de%20Clutter/DSC005171014x760.jpg

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/deckofficer/DSC011961014x760.jpg

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/deckofficer/Pop%20out%20and%20about/DSC008971014x760.jpg

fortes89
08-05-12, 06:00 PM
Posted my pictures in the first post. go see :)

talismandave
08-05-12, 10:23 PM
What accessory or item you have in your car that identifies you, your country or just something you like a lot? It could be a sticker, something hanging from the mirror, doesn't matter if its outside or inside the car. Post pictures! I'll post mine as soon as I get a chance.

Small Country Flag (got it at the mall)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/fortes89/20120521_100514.jpg

Face Of Wisdom (bought at a shop in St. Augustine - designed for a necklace but decided to hang it on the rear view mirror with a string from a hoodie)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/fortes89/20120728_133939.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/fortes89/20120728_133936.jpg
Cool,... figured I'd bump them up here.

vincentm
08-06-12, 12:08 AM
There's a big car show in Ellensburg on the 22nd of September. It's free and you don't have to register. It could host a meet... :sneaky:

Hmmm

brandondeleo
08-06-12, 04:06 AM
Hmmm
You, me, Cadi509, and I'm sure there are a few east side drivers. There are bound to be a few west siders, too.

DO IT. :lol:

The-Dullahan
08-06-12, 04:09 AM
Only if something worth the trip is guaranteed to show up.

93DevilleUSMC
08-06-12, 06:30 AM
Left corner, rear window: USMC emblem sticker. Right corner, rear window: Glock sticker. Top and center: Dark Knight Rises "chalk scratch" Batman symbol. Pics? Nah, I'm too lazy and sleepy.

brandondeleo
08-06-12, 08:04 AM
WTF did I just see? This is in my parking lot tonight... It's like a gigantic pig bus thing. The back is rounded and the antenna is on the back like a tail and everything. It's actually kind of creepy...

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i419/brandondeleo/IMG_20120806_035455.jpg

MrHolland
08-06-12, 08:18 AM
That looks like something from Mad Max!!! I kinda like it

brandondeleo
08-06-12, 08:26 AM
That sure is an accessory that easily identifies you... :lol:

M5eater
08-06-12, 09:27 AM
WTF did I just see? This is in my parking lot tonight... It's like a gigantic pig bus thing. The back is rounded and the antenna is on the back like a tail and everything. It's actually kind of creepy...

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i419/brandondeleo/IMG_20120806_035455.jpg

when pigs fly they said.. who's laughing Now I ask!

The-Dullahan
08-06-12, 02:00 PM
There is a far more Post-Apocalyptic van that keeps appearing on Ebay listed as a Rat Rod. It is not there right now, but I do not think it has sold yet either. It also has a cow catcher. Every car should have a cow catcher.

93DevilleUSMC
08-06-12, 04:44 PM
I haven't worn my uniform in almost 10 years but I still love to see the Tab n Scroll, so now the car gets to wear them.
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6fa460f-715b-f8c5.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6fa460f-7177-0ce4.jpg

I salute you as well, and DAMN nice ride, sir!

mikedyk43
08-07-12, 03:34 PM
Thank you!

93DevilleUSMC
08-07-12, 05:32 PM
We're going to just tell everyone the CSM drives it...lol

The-Dullahan
08-08-12, 02:14 AM
Not normally a fan of altered badges (Or the modern Cadillac emblem at all) but somehow, your car actually pulls it off nicely. My sister is looking at getting a new Escalade. I have had some fun playing with them recently at two different dealerships and through a friend whose father owns one. Not really my kind of car, but as Craig said when he and I commandeered one in St. Augustine, while having nothing better to do but enjoy some of it's more absurd "Platinum" series features "If you think about it, this is the closest thing they still make to a Fleetwood."

Still though, after all my fun in them and what will likely come to be once/if my sister gets one, automated runningboards will never be as cool of a random novelty as power rear doors on Oldsmobile wagons.

MrHolland
08-08-12, 05:15 AM
"If you think about it, this is the closest thing they still make to a Fleetwood."

WOOOOhOOOO, by your logic, I just doubled my Fleetwood count!!!!!! I like it!!!!

The-Dullahan
08-08-12, 05:24 AM
Actually, that is Craig's logic.

If she gets it, I'll buy her a real Fleetwood. Can't have a sibling who doesn't own a nice vintage Cadillac. It would be barbaric.