: confusion is abundant

speedey
07-27-12, 11:17 AM
i have a 2007 sts-4 that is just out of warranty, and is setting at the dealership, being diagnosed. as of this morning, they repair guys have told me that it would take $2300 to probably correct the problem. The RR tire pressure monitor has been flaky for some time , two months..... now the dealership is telling me that the RF weel speed sensor circuit is open RF speed sensor is open the EBC is shorted and there is a problem with the right front hub bearing? I know that these guys are into selling parts but i don't like to buy parts that i don't have to. Can you guys send me a trouble shooting flow chart of some kind so that i may be able to at least partially diagnose and ensure that i only buy parts that i need? I can't immagine that all of these parts failed at once.

JimmyH
07-27-12, 02:20 PM
moved from cust svc

dannyquest
07-27-12, 02:47 PM
The tire sensor ( Battery) will go dead, should just replace the one that bad. As for your other problems Call Cadillac cust svc and tell them what is going on with your car. Since it is just out of warrenty they may repair those items for free. I know from first hand. Sound like your dealer wants to throw parts at it cause they don't how to fix it. Do not let them see your credit card untill you find more infomation. Danny

Ludacrisvp
07-27-12, 03:07 PM
Tire pressure monitor has _nothing_ to do with a wheel speed sensor.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-27-12, 03:13 PM
Speedey, I was sorry to read about your confusion! While I cannot provide the type of flow chart you requested, I'm sure forum members will have helpful DIY advice for you. As Danny suggested, our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center phone hotline will be helpful if you're looking for immediate assistance. Their number is 800-458-8006 and they are open Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET.

I am not on duty this weekend, but I would be happy to help as well and follow up with your dealership when I return to the office on Monday. If that's an option you'd like me to explore, please send your name, address, phone, last eight of your VIN, mileage, and dealership information to me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service