: CF chips

eldoedwardo
07-26-12, 03:34 PM
Hey everyone, I've read alot from the forum about performance chips and all reponses where opposed to them.My last post had an advertisement about FC Chips.com. If our forum accepted fc chips as an advertiser would it have been checked out for their claims? Who would not want up to 60 more "plug in"HP? Your collective knowledge is greater than my speculation..Whats your thoughts on this subject? ....later Ed

RippyPartsDept
07-26-12, 04:00 PM
you've got to remember that not all advertisers are approved by the forum (especially the google ads)

just for the record there are no performance chips for northstars and that site you reference is basically a legal scam

RippyPartsDept
07-26-12, 04:01 PM
also, are you sure you're not talking about GFChips?

check out these other threads https://www.google.com/#q=gfchips+site:cadillacforums.com

Submariner409
07-26-12, 04:09 PM
eldoedwardo, You have the wrong info: Nobody in here is "opposed" to "performance chips" that actually work - in fact, most of us would like the opportunity. Kicker is, for the later FWD Northstar engines this "chip" is a scam.

If GM could get "up to 60 hp" from a plug-in doohickey, why didn't they do it in the first place - and ride along with the other claims of increased gas mileage, superior performance, and a cure for leprosy ?

Have you gone down and surfed through the Engines forums for the PCM Tuning department: "Cadillac powertrain control module tuning....." ????

Ranger
07-26-12, 08:48 PM
If GM could get "up to 60 hp" from a plug-in doohickey, why didn't they do it in the first place
AMEN! Simple common sense applies here. No insult intended.

eldoedwardo
07-27-12, 10:57 AM
thanks everyone, My gut said it was a scam, especially when one reviewer said the return policy was hassle free.I trust you guys and gals that what you tell me to be the truth! I have never had a doubt.. This ad was not on the right side of the screen, it was in the middle at the bottom of the page,however I will pay closer attention in the future.
Ranger, none taken,thanks...Sub...that was funny!!
Thank you Everyone Ed

CadillacLuke24
07-27-12, 02:41 PM
If you want power gains, do like Sub said and google "Wester's garage" The PCM, the onboard computer that runs our cars, can be tuned, for 96-99 Cadillacs.

Submariner409
07-27-12, 03:19 PM
To drag this out a bit further, the so-called "chips" for your particular section of engine model usually consist of a simple 25 cent resistor in either series or parallel in the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor circuit. The resistor skews the IAT signal in order to richen the fuel mixture. Well and good. But, the PCM will NOT alter the throttle position/airflow/ignition sensor signals to take advantage (???) of the rich fuel mixture. In your case you wind up with a gas hog with an off-idle bog and poor part-throttle performance.

Google "westers garage canada" and do some dedicated homework in Lyndon's site. Look in the Price List tab and you'll see the work for '96 - '99 PCM's. The 2000 - 2003 "Coming soon" has been there for 4 years.