Cadillac Owners Forum banner

08 owners, I need a quick favor

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  tinman 
#1 ·
Can you check your mirror selector switch on the drivers door and tell me if the side selected light is always on? I swear mine used to go out after a time of not using it, but the other day I noticed it was staying on all the time, even when the car was off and locked up. I took it to the dealer and they say it's supposed to be that way. I'm not sure I buy that.

I looked in a newer CTS while at the dealer and the light was not on with the car off. I didn't see that one run, so I can't say if it came on with the car or not. The newer one I looked at was an '11+ MY. That's why I'm looking for '08 owners to match my MY.

Thanks for any feedback you can give.

#5 ·
I know exactly what your going through as my Missus car did the same thing til I messed with it a bit.. I found that pressing in the middle of the switch made the lite go out, took a few times trying but got it to out... I also think your Dealer is playing with your head saying its supposed to be like that....BTW, hers is 08 CTS4 prem..
Good luck..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.