: cassette to cd swap

eldoedwardo
07-25-12, 04:31 PM
hello everyone,
I would like to swap a factory cassette with a factory cd player.Will it just plug into the existing harness? I don't want the trunk mounted changer kind. Is it different than the single play disk? The Eldo is a regular coupe manufactured in January,1999.
If it will swap does anyone know where clean used or remanu's can be bought, there are some in the salvage lots, some parts are good ,but audio stuff, questionable.
Let the info roll in, thanks Ed

vincentm
07-25-12, 05:18 PM
theoretically it will, but if the CD Head unit has theft lock on it then it will need to be unlocked at the Dealer and proof of purchase will need to be provided.

eldoedwardo
07-26-12, 11:18 AM
thank you.....Ed

N*Caddy
07-31-12, 02:07 AM
What you want to do WON'T work unfortunately. If you have the tape player it means you have base sound system (not BOSE).
Is not just a simple HU swap, not even by far, the whole wire harness for the sound system needs to be swapped, you need to add 2 relays, the RIM, swap the speakers (the Bose speakers have individual mono amplifiers). The theftlock clear VIN thing is the least of your worries; it can be done by anybody having a TechII tool.
Again there is a HUGE difference between BOSE and base sound system at the conceptual level.
Still interested, read this. (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/161811-stock-bose-conversion.html#post1773832)

eldoedwardo
08-01-12, 12:15 PM
Did cad put out a cd that was not Bose? perhaps in a plain eldo coupe? If not I'll have to use an adapter, the cassette body with the wires to plug in a walk-man type player.that already sounds crappy looking. thanks Ed

N*Caddy
08-03-12, 01:05 AM
No InDash CD in base HU (that will work in your car).

still_walkin
08-06-12, 02:36 AM
They are right you can't but to get It to work its gonna take alot of hardwiring .its not gonna be plug and play