: Radiator splash Guard install

jeph054
07-24-12, 10:51 PM
Hey fellas. anyone happen to have a diagramor pic of the front underbody shield. Its the piece that goes from the bottom of the bumper to the subframe. i hit a porcupine and it took out my front end. I have everything fixed and i thought i had the shield installed correctly but i got up to 60mph today and it flew off! So obiously I installed it wrong. The GM diagram only show parts not how to install it. Any help would be awesome.

yooper
07-29-12, 09:46 PM
Hey fellas. anyone happen to have a diagramor pic of the front underbody shield. Its the piece that goes from the bottom of the bumper to the subframe. i hit a porcupine and it took out my front end. I have everything fixed and i thought i had the shield installed correctly but i got up to 60mph today and it flew off! So obiously I installed it wrong. The GM diagram only show parts not how to install it. Any help would be awesome.

Found this one.

AAIIIC
07-30-12, 04:12 AM
Hey, that looks familiar! :)

I'm 6000+ miles from my car right now, but from what I can recall... The front edge of the splash guard goes above the bumper lip, so the plastic push pin things go up thru the bumper, then thru the splash guard. Along the sides, the splash guard goes below the wheel well liners. I'm thinking if the splash guard was below the bumper lip it would be more likely to get sucked off the car at speed.

stever06
06-21-13, 05:24 PM
Hey guys I love this forum, I bought a 2004 cts-v in april and I noticed I am missing my splash shield, do I need a splash shield and where can I find one any one
have part #s.
thanks