: Some Navi Help Please...

UNKUT
07-24-12, 07:19 PM
So awhile back I installed the factory Nav unit into my non-Nav STS V8. Now I know theres a lengthy thread on this subject, but I've skimmed over it and can't seem to locate exactly the information I need. The install was a success and tying into the cars VSS wire fixed most issues I previously had, but my problem is the antenna. In the cars from the factory the antenna is located in the passenger side just below the thin dash trim by the speaker, VERY hard to get too! Anyways, obviously putting it in that location in my car is not an option so for those that have done this mod, where exactly did you locate your antenna and did you use the factory antenna or an aftermarket one? Some pics and product #'s would be great if you can....I'd really appreciate it. I just keep loosing GPS signal and its really a PITA lol!!!

1BadCadSTS
07-25-12, 08:39 AM
Where are you located?

UNKUT
07-25-12, 02:43 PM
Where are you located?

Toledo & Findlay Ohio

1BadCadSTS
07-25-12, 07:00 PM
I'm western pa welcome to bring it by i help provided you have the pigtails for the extra nav plugs.

UNKUT
07-25-12, 09:07 PM
I'm western pa welcome to bring it by i help provided you have the pigtails for the extra nav plugs.

I have all the pigtails but thats a LONG drive lol! Any chance you can guide me or at least point me in the right direction?? Thanks for the help too...

1BadCadSTS
07-26-12, 10:46 AM
One of those things hard to explain easy to do that and I have gm techline

cuffup
02-01-13, 08:36 PM
Whats the extra Pig tails for???

nguyenbinhv
02-04-13, 01:56 PM
You can place the GPS antenna right above the radio housing...Before you put your Nav Unit back in put some double sided 3M tape on the GPS Antenna and stick it up there. On top of where your Unit slides in.. Ok i just added my OEM nav to my STS also its an 07... My navigation is a little jumpy.. Im guessing it is because I have not done any VSS wiring? Is this the "Brown wire" that I fint behind the Gauge Cluster"? and If so where does it connect to the back of the "Nav unit"?

cuffup
02-04-13, 06:21 PM
Im guessing the turn by turn doesn't work??