: Head light bulbs

shawntay10
07-24-12, 01:44 PM
HI
Does anyone know of any place to purchase a head light bulbs for the best price. The auto parts store gave me a price of $99.00 per bulb (I need three) and the dealership charges $500.00 per bulb. So i'm looking for something a little more reasonably priced.

Thanks

Ludacrisvp
07-24-12, 02:34 PM
Does your car have headlight washers? If so you have HIDs. What is burned out the high or low beam? HIDs only affect the low beam and is the expensive lamp. They are D1S for HIDs or H11 for non HID low beam. High beams are 9005 I believe. A good price for quality aftermarket hids would be from www.theretrofitsource.com they have both oem and aftermarket lamps that are priced fairly. The way HIDs run you want to replace them in pairs or you will see color differences and brightness differences from side to side. dealers will likely charge 2x the cost of the actual lamp price.

eatyoursandwich
07-25-12, 10:37 AM
If you really do have HIDs (I'm not really sure why a dealer would charge $200 for an H11 bulb) just get 2, D1S bulbs from either retrofitsource or www.ddmtuning.com, etc.