: Exhaust Sounds and vid

JT_
12-05-04, 10:34 PM
2000 STS No resonator Flowmaster Delta 40 series mufflers
Custom CAI

Video 1 (http://www.thegardenexotica.com/stuff/angelina_driveby.mpg)

Video 2 (http://www.thegardenexotica.com/stuff/angelina_burnout.mpg)

sseville
12-06-04, 12:08 AM
You're the second person I've seen on vid doing a burnout with an sts....Are you taking traction control off and just using second gear and are you power braking or using the ebrake to allow you to do the burnout?
Thx

JT_
12-06-04, 12:16 AM
I took off t/c put it in drive 3, held the parking brake and stomped it. But much easier without Z rated tires.

cart69
12-06-04, 04:27 PM
where do you get the exhaust for it? i havent seen mufflers for a caddy and just wonder which ones it uses your car uses the same as my 94 seville i assume

thanx

JT_
12-07-04, 12:32 AM
You can get the mufflers at summitracing.com or jegs.com, or at some local muffler or performace shop. They are Flowmaster Delcanta Flow 40 Series. They are not specific fit.

LacSeville
12-07-04, 01:58 AM
how fun! sounds very nice! did you happen to race that riced mazda in that clip, lol?! thanks for the vids!

cart69
12-07-04, 08:12 AM
forgot to say it sounds sweet on your ride, also did you reuse the stock tips?

JT_
12-07-04, 11:14 PM
Yeah, the stock tips are back on. Yeah I smoke that Mazda. But its pretty nice. I like it. I alomst thought no one on this forum thought this kinda stuff was interesting.

STS 310
12-08-04, 12:02 AM
I dont know about you guys, but I cant get that thing to play rite. :hmm:

FryBread98
03-17-05, 08:14 PM
2000 STS No resonator Flowmaster Delta 40 series mufflers
Custom CAI

Yeah me niether, every time i click the link it would bring me to a search page. So what did you use for piping? stock tubing or did you go bigger. What is a CAI?

danbuc
03-17-05, 10:55 PM
Damn, I wasn't sure if that could be done just holding the ebrake, but it looked pretty good to me. A bunch of guys at my school, have been having some burn out compettions in the parking lot during lunch and after school. A bunch of them were curious to see what the caddy could do, but I wasn't sure about the ebrake. I told them I would just punch it and chirp second for them. They seemed pretty satisfied with that. I might have to try that tomorrow though. Seeing as how my tire spin in first was quite pitiful. You said you just turned of T/C and put it in thid right? I'm definitely going to try that tomorrow if I can. I'll have to make a video of my car one of these days doin' something like that, so people can get a good feel for what the Corsa sounds like at full throttle...hehe :sneaky:

freefaller07
03-18-05, 10:22 AM
I have a 1993 seville STS with T/C. How do you shut off T/C on the STS. I have been wondering this for the longest time. Is it possible?:confused:

danbuc
03-18-05, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure exaclty how it's doen, but I believe that you can shut yours off through the onboard diagnostics, for something like 50 engine cycles. I have no idea how to get to it though. Someone here with a 1993-1995 STS probably knows. I've heard people do it before.

edit: If you don't end up being able to get into the diagnostic mode and turn off T/C, as a last resort, you could always pull the ABS fuse, however I would recommend that.

shookman34
03-18-05, 07:41 PM
Dang!!! that was SAWWEEEET!!! From the way you spun the car around in the first vid makes it look like a rear wheel drive car. Thanks for putting the vids up...that exhaust sounds awesome.....I got trashed on here the last time I mentioned having a Caddy that actually sounded like it had some cajones:madtalkin

danbuc
03-18-05, 11:04 PM
I was going to try doing it today, but my bad front motor mount kept me from doing so. At least I got to see a bunch of other student do it this past week in our parking lot. I'll have to get that mount fixed, and get that new ignition module, and then I'll be good to go. This sucks, I always wanted to try it.

D'Elegance
03-18-05, 11:11 PM
Thats awesome, I wish my Caddy could do that, well it probably could but something would break. lol :o

freefaller07
04-07-05, 10:05 AM
Is is safe to pull the traction control fuse? Does it only control the traction control? It seems no one knows of another way to turn the traction control off on the 1993 seville STS. Would not having traction control on result in a quicker quarter mile time? I know it depends on traction. Usually on strait line acceleration I have 4 to 5 chirps from the tires and traction control kicks in and the car obiously then is slowed severely then the power comes back and the car takes off.

davesdeville
04-07-05, 08:11 PM
So how is the drone without a resonator when you're cruising at speed? It sounds great accelerating, but can you still easily have a conversation in your car once you're going?

sprucegoose
04-07-05, 08:37 PM
I have a 1993 seville STS with T/C. How do you shut off T/C on the STS. I have been wondering this for the longest time. Is it possible?:confused:

Yes, you can! :coolgleam Here is a quote from El Dobro on a different thread when he explained it for me...

Here's how I shut it down in the Allante. I would imagine it's the same procedure in other Caddys. Go into diagnostics and dig through until you get to the "PCM override?" section. Go to PS24 which is Traction Control Disable. Hit the "warmer" button to disable it and then exit diagnostics. The traction control will stay off until you start the car 11 times, then it comes back on automatically. You can also go back into to diagnostics and turn it back on by hitting the "cooler" button. Doing it this way is the legit way and it won't affect any of the other functions.

It works great, and you don't get those 2nd gear starts like when you pull the fuse. I like to do this when I know I'm gonna race someone as I get a much harder launch if I am on good clean blacktop. :cool:

sprucegoose
04-07-05, 08:42 PM
Dang JT, that is a nice ride! I love the look and sound of that bad boy! :coolgleam I just watched the first vid, my dial-up sucks... still waiting for the 2nd one to download. BTW, what kind/size wheels are those you have? very nice...

freefaller07
04-07-05, 10:19 PM
Thanks Sprucegoose for the advice. I will try it on my seville tomorrow. So it works good on your Eldorado? I will see if it makes a difference in the launch.

sprucegoose
04-08-05, 09:14 AM
Thanks Sprucegoose for the advice. I will try it on my seville tomorrow. So it works good on your Eldorado? I will see if it makes a difference in the launch.

Yes, as a matter of fact I had to try it again this a.m. to verify this! :sneaky: I disabled it through the PCM override, and it made for a great tire-burning WOT down the expressway on-ramp! Reminds me it's time to think about heading down to the drag-strip and seeing if I can beat last year's best ET! :lildevil:

Bushman
04-08-05, 01:39 PM
Don't the STS's have a simple on/off button? My 99' SLS has a button to turn it on and off right in the center pod in front of the gear lever.

caddydaddy
04-08-05, 03:43 PM
Don't the STS's have a simple on/off button? My 99' SLS has a button to turn it on and off right in the center pod in front of the gear lever.

Yes, but the earlier Cadillacs did not have a button for the traction control! You had to go into the PCM inputs to turn it off.

1fastSTS
04-08-05, 06:46 PM
id like to post some videos and exhaust notes on this forums of my cadillac as well, so people can hear my corsa with hi flow cat, what equipment do i need to do so??

freefaller07
04-15-05, 10:19 AM
Thank you sprucegoose for the tip with the traction control. It is simple to turn off once you know how. It worked perfectly and it starts in first as well. I can turn it off in less than a min but it only lasts for 11 key cycles.

WoodShoe
04-17-05, 01:01 PM
So this first gear no t/C launch only works in pre OBD2? The guy who designed this system needs to get a good old fashioned ace whoopin . . .:want: