: Anyone have an interest in the Olympics?

orconn
07-23-12, 06:36 PM
Opening ceremonies aren't far off and the Games will begin, does anyone have an interest in watching any specific events or competitions?

dkozloski
07-23-12, 08:22 PM
Not just NO! but HELL NO!!

The-Dullahan
07-23-12, 08:58 PM
The Olympics were especially interesting when they first began. Especially, since the Greeks had specific games for different races and cultures only. I think if we pulled that today, someone would cry over it.

Submariner409
07-23-12, 09:12 PM
orconn, Why ?

brandondeleo
07-23-12, 09:16 PM
Meh. Not interested whatsoever. All it does is interrupt Top Gear and congest London beyond belief.

orconn
07-23-12, 09:34 PM
Sub, having been involved in a couple of Olympic sports and having been a member of an Olympic Committee (Sapporo Winter Olympics 1972) and an active supporting member (Olympic Torch Run Marshal and Yachting Staff in the 1984 Summer Olympics Games) and having had several friend compete in various different Olympic sports at different games, I was wondering if the Olympic Games held any interest for members on this forum. From the responses thus far I would say what interest there is seems to be negative in nature. However, it will be interesting to see if any other points of view emerge.

talismandave
07-23-12, 09:39 PM
Even less than I normally do in sports in general. Less Than Zero.

(note to self-dig out Costello cd):bulb:

gary88
07-23-12, 10:02 PM
I like the Olympics and always watch. Can't wait to see team USA kick ass in basketball.

Plus I think it's neat that an event that dates back to 776 BC is still carried out today.

Ranger
07-23-12, 10:03 PM
The Olympics are much like the presidential campaign to me. Can't wait for either to be over.

ben.gators
07-23-12, 10:06 PM
I will watch women's soccer games! The U.S. soccer team has really grown on me!

BIGREECE
07-23-12, 10:27 PM
Being on a team(sports) from a young age I can respect what it gave me throughout my life so far. I will watch some but not all. I have an uncomftorable
feeling that something bad may happen in England where the games are being held, Don't know why but I don't have a good vibe at all.

MrHolland
07-24-12, 08:48 AM
I like the Olympics!!!! Having been involved in single/one on one forms of competition at different times of my life, I really enjoy it. IMO, these are the greatest athletes in the world trying to accomplish they're dreams!! Having competed on a much smaller scale, I know what I put into it. I cant imagine what it would take to be the best in the world. Although I'm not too much into the team aspect of certain sports, I certainly admire the competitors for their sacrifices and dedication to their passion. Bring the gold home USA!!!

concorso
07-24-12, 11:20 AM
The Olympics were especially interesting when they first began. Especially, since the Greeks had specific games for different races and cultures only. I think if we pulled that today, someone would cry over it.You were there? I was there too! I was the guy walking the cow pulling the sun dial. ;)

concorso
07-24-12, 11:23 AM
Meh. Not interested whatsoever. All it does is interrupt Top Gear and congest London beyond belief.Top Gear has gotten stale and London wont exactly be empty when the Olympics leave.

I like the Olympics. I dont care who wins, but I love seeing sports I normally dont get a chance to see.

donwon
07-24-12, 11:32 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibwcp6H6EgUYti.gif
This one whatever it is.
Hope the link works.

RobbieB
07-24-12, 03:50 PM
Curious about the opening ceremony. Other than that...nah, not much interest. Wife'll want to watch the gymnastics...

CadillacLuke24
07-24-12, 09:51 PM
They're not too bad, but they are awfully played out.

dkozloski
07-25-12, 10:58 PM
I lost interest after Emil Zatopek retired. Even though he was a world class distance runner Zatopek had never run a marathon in his life before he showed up at the Olympics. The regulars thought they'd have some fun with him so they started out at a hell of a pace. Before long he asked one of them if they thought the pace was a little fast. They told him no, that it was actually pretty slow. He took off and by half way all the regulars were laying in the ditch while he went on to set a record that wasn't matched for years.

Aron9000
07-26-12, 12:35 AM
I can get into some of the individual sports like the sprinting, pole vault, swimming, and diving. I like to watch the gymnastics too, but its a rigged sport IMO.

As for the team sports, I could care less, except for hockey. I am ALWAYS hoping we send the Commies and Canooks back to the stone age, bunch of smug a-holes think they own that sport.

talismandave
07-26-12, 12:37 AM
OH OH....here we go.....

concorso
07-26-12, 10:35 AM
I can get into some of the individual sports like the sprinting, pole vault, swimming, and diving. I like to watch the gymnastics too, but its a rigged sport IMO.

As for the team sports, I could care less, except for hockey. I am ALWAYS hoping we send the Commies and Canooks back to the stone age, bunch of smug a-holes think they own that sport.Canadas population is 1/10th that of the US. There are almost as many in California as there are in Canada. If the US cant beat Canada and Russia and other European teams consistently, then the smugness is deserved.

dkozloski
07-26-12, 04:41 PM
You can always tell a Canadian but you can't tell him much.

concorso
07-26-12, 05:17 PM
You can always tell a Canadian but you can't tell him much.Funny...I suppose after watching american politics, celebrities, or business leaders like Steve Jobs, Im suppose to believe Americans are different?

talismandave
07-26-12, 06:31 PM
....business leaders like Steve Jobs, Im suppose to believe Americans are different?
Oh boy....here come the AOS vs PC guys...:peeking:

:osnap::hide::closed:

dkozloski
07-26-12, 08:51 PM
An Apple/Mac is a computerlike device for the dimwitted.:stirpot:

brandondeleo
07-27-12, 04:27 AM
PC all the way.

CadillacLuke24
07-27-12, 03:52 PM
'merica! F*ck yeah!

brandondeleo
07-28-12, 05:43 AM
An Olympics ceremony guest with a grudge:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/479801_407278109338267_404225226_n.jpg