: Double Posts

Ranger
07-23-12, 11:24 AM
Anyone know what's causing this? I know I'm not the only one getting it because I have to delete several per day from other posters. It's annoying to say the least.

Submariner409
07-23-12, 01:22 PM
Yep ^^^^^ ........ and some of the "doubles" are in the same minute, others are as much as 12 minutes apart.

I have noticed that, at random times of the day, a forum post or edit takes as much as a minute or more to "post". If someone gets an itchy trigger finger and again clicks the "submit reply" tab, does that enter a double post ??? It shouldn't, because you usually get the "You already did this ......." box.

talismandave
07-23-12, 01:31 PM
I have also noticed many times I get a message do you want to leave this page after I hit post. I have always hit yes and as yet had no double posts and my post has gone though. I have not tried hitting no but that may cause it?

Submariner409
07-23-12, 01:59 PM
It JUST happened again, up in Seville. A post by Kimmypage came in at 1345, and the duplicate arrived at 1352. I deleted the 1352.

Ranger
07-23-12, 02:39 PM
I have also noticed many times I get a message do you want to leave this page after I hit post. I have always hit yes and as yet had no double posts and my post has gone though. I have not tried hitting no but that may cause it?
Yes I frequently get that "Do you want to leave this page" message and it is usually after that, that I get the double post. I have never answered "no" either. :noidea:

talismandave
07-23-12, 06:07 PM
Then I must just be living right!