: Brake Pedal Feel Question

FuzzyLogic
07-22-12, 10:57 PM
Question: when you park the car, are you able to press the pedal all the way to the floor?

Basically, I'm just questioning my brake bleeding job from earlier (I pulled some air into the master a month or so back). My Motive Power Bleeder did a pretty good job of expunging a lot of bubbles, but I still wonder if actually I got 'em all.

Thanks!

odla
07-23-12, 06:49 AM
The parking brake or the brake pedal itself? The parking brake yes. The Brake pedal no.

darkman
07-23-12, 07:03 AM
See attached.

FuzzyLogic
07-23-12, 08:39 AM
The parking brake or the brake pedal itself? The parking brake yes. The Brake pedal no.

Brake pedal. Sounds like I have some additional air in there that needs to come out. I'll set up an ABS triggering course (abandoned road near my house) this weekend with some soap and water and bleed the brakes after triggering the ABS once or twice.

darkman
07-23-12, 10:00 AM
For more than you ever wanted to know about bleeding these brakes, see the attached.

Scott2012
07-23-12, 11:59 AM
My brake doesnt hit the floor, although the parking brake does easily

Bacon V
07-24-12, 10:43 AM
I adjusted my parking brake last night and had to remove the rear calipers to do so. After putting it all back together my brake pedal would hit the floor for a while but it has since stopped and returned to a normal position. It still feels a bit spongier than Id expect with the brembos, but its probably the rubber lines.

If you have stock lines, your pedal will have some squish to it. Are you able to lock the tires up on a normal road?

PS for the parking brake, it doesnt necessarily have to hit the floor. Before adjusting mine I could barely get the car to stop from rolling down the slight incline in my driveway. After adjustment I can stall the motor with ease and I have no drag when the brake is off (turns easily by hand). The pedal does NOT go all the way to the floor now. My P brake shoes looked almost new as did the drum of the rotor, but I still advanced both sides 35 clicks - it was almost like it was never adjusted from the factory. Not really pertinent to this thread, but info for you brake doers out there.