: 2004 CTS V unplugged cable.

Socer65
07-22-12, 07:47 PM
Hey guys,
I just bought my first 04 CTS V a week or so ago. so far the car is great. lots of fun to drive, really great interior, hangs with my friends modded 04 Cobra. I bought the USA Spec pa15vette ipod adapter and was installing it today. You have to remove those two pillar pieces where the airbags are to get the rear deck out, and when i took the passenger one off first, i found this cable hanging there. It was unplugged and I didn't see anywhere for it to plug into. I dont thing it was something for the airbag, I'm pretty sure it was still intact. I'm nto that worried about it as the car seems fine and has a good carfax, just curious more than anything what this is. These trim pieces had obviously been removed before, as bot areas where the bolts are were broken and fixed with glue or tape.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q530/socer65/ctsvinterior.jpg

Any ideas what this is for?

NCOGNITO
07-22-12, 08:29 PM
Looks like some sort of antenna connector, is there an extra rear antenna?

Socer65
07-22-12, 08:37 PM
Kind of what I though it was. not sure to what though. I have XM and the normal radio and both work fine...

darkman
07-22-12, 09:51 PM
This is just a guess, but when the 2004-2005s came out the antennas were analog and had to be converted to digital hardware later to continue either Onstar or XM (I forget which).

GDPossehl
07-22-12, 10:06 PM
In 04 there was an exterior antenna on the rear glass. Many of them were removed/upgraded. This is the cable for that antenna.

Socer65
07-22-12, 10:40 PM
ok, thanks!