: Will 09 V bumpers (front & rear) fit an 06 XLR-V ??

invza1
07-22-12, 03:58 PM
Hey guys -

I was thinking about adding the 09 bumpers to my 06 V. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm wondering if they fit; because the only way to find out is by ordering them and if they don't fit my dealer would charge a 25% restocking fee. Not sure if the parking sensors in the rear would line up with the 09 bumper, and wondering would there be any problems with the foglights in the front since they changed in 09.

Thanks!

Also - has anyone ordered from gmpartsdirect.com ?

reciprocity
07-24-12, 06:55 PM
GM Parts Direct typically won't accept returns on special order items. Be careful about ordering through them if it's something marked with an asterisk as "special order." Your dealer may be willing to match their pricing (or at least come close) without charging you for shipping, which would save you on the overall cost.

If you take the plunge and try this out, be sure to post your findings and some before/during/after photos.

Dr. Design
07-25-12, 01:57 PM
Hello,
I think we are one of the only ones that have done this upgrade. The answer in short is yes. See image -
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/_B1D8445.jpg

If you want help on this or need to place an order give us a call. That website that you are referencing makes their $ on the shipping. These parts are huge and you will be charged an arm and a leg on shipping.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Hey guys -

I was thinking about adding the 09 bumpers to my 06 V. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm wondering if they fit; because the only way to find out is by ordering them and if they don't fit my dealer would charge a 25% restocking fee. Not sure if the parking sensors in the rear would line up with the 09 bumper, and wondering would there be any problems with the foglights in the front since they changed in 09.

Thanks!

Also - has anyone ordered from gmpartsdirect.com ?

frmula505
07-30-12, 12:52 PM
Is the change a direct fit, or was there a lot of modification? Do you offer the bumpers? If so price?

Dr. Design
07-30-12, 03:58 PM
This is a direct fit. We do offer the parts required for the swap. Give us a call and one of our guys can get the cost.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

GizmoQ
07-31-12, 11:56 PM
Hello,
I think we are one of the only ones that have done this upgrade. The answer in short is yes.

Actually several people I know of have made the swap themselves. I have also considered it, but I'm still working on the power side (looks comes later). I like the fact that the 09 bumpers have better ground effects, but the fog lights look considerably diminished compared to the 8000K 55W HIDs I put in my 06V.

Also as a point of reference, I see no reason in getting the 09V rear bumper ever! The rear bumper on the 09 base model is the one with the integral exhaust tip that looks so HOT! So be careful what you order.