: my new grille!!

biggyal66
07-21-12, 07:13 PM
I just got in my new black mesh grille for my 2004 deville. I got it off ebay for 84 dollars shipped. It came with all of the needed hardware for the job. Its abs plastic but it has a nice weight to it and makes the car look like a secret service car. Let me know what you guys think.

MoistCabbage
07-21-12, 07:29 PM
Are you going to have it painted to match?

basscatt
07-21-12, 07:39 PM
remember - YOU ASKED -

I guess the mesh part isn't too bad -
but the overall look is unfinished -

it looks like a new part - primed - and waiting for paint and chrome trim -

personally - I like the DTS monochromatic style -
painted body color with the chrome trim -

Ranger
07-21-12, 10:08 PM
I'd like it MUCH better in chrome.

Hipoint
07-21-12, 11:12 PM
I don't like it as well as OEM, but that's just me...

dparamedi
07-21-12, 11:31 PM
Needs a Cadillac emblem or something but in my opinion, if you like it then it is good.:duck:

Marco
07-22-12, 02:13 AM
I like the mesh part, an emblem in the center would look good.

GM_Ridin'
07-22-12, 02:33 AM
I seen the chrome grilles like this which actually weren't too bad if you were to paint the thick sides of the grill the same color as the car and then put a big Cadillac emblem on the front like the size of the limited grille emblems.

dparamedi
07-22-12, 09:14 PM
I just seen this exact same grill on a Ford Crown Vic, police car. Seemed the thick plastic outer moulding was textured.

dougsmith
07-22-12, 10:40 PM
I do think its cool. Im not sure I would do it on mine, but I could live with it. Its neat.

biggyal66
07-23-12, 04:01 PM
Im going to tape it off and paint the outer pieces to match the car plus shoot the whole grille with some coats of clear just to shine it up. Im looking into getting a big emblem but they are hard to find. Any ideas or suggestion on how to attach an emblem to grill or where to get one?

MoistCabbage
07-23-12, 04:21 PM
Ebay seller BigDaddyCaddy, pages of emblems.

Hipoint
07-23-12, 07:04 PM
Emblems are simply glued on...

biggyal66
07-23-12, 07:16 PM
So how do I attach it to my new grille? Has anyone delt with this problem with an aftermarket grille?

Hipoint
07-23-12, 07:28 PM
So how do I attach it to my new grille? Has anyone delt with this problem with an aftermarket grille?

Get some of that two component epoxy glue from Wal-Mart... Looks like a BIG dual hypodermic needle. Squirt out enough goop to do the job, mix them together and apply. After allowing four hours to cure, that puppy ain't goin' NOWHERE.

Big Whitey
07-23-12, 08:09 PM
Looks good, I agree it needs an emblem... I hate chrome on anything but wheels, so I don't agree with others on that.

Could you take another picutre a bit further back so we can see it from a distance?

dparamedi
07-24-12, 12:29 AM
If you are going to paint it, take the grill from the car first...... PLEAASE

The over spray will splash onto the car no matter what you do.

and glue the cadillac emblem on before reinstalling it.... while the grill is horizontal. Any glue runs and drips is not noticable then.

98eldo32v
07-24-12, 02:32 AM
The grille itself looks good and it's fit/ finish looks good also.

I noticed you didn't have a hood ornanment on your hood. You have a lot more choices in grille selection.

I have a hood ornament and want to replace my factory grille because it's faded a bit. I like the mesh, but I feel that you should paint the outer part to match the vehicle color and leave the mesh part alone.

Adding an emblem probably will look sweet.

Thanks for the picture. I was always curious to see what one would look like on the car.....

SSickLS2
07-24-12, 03:19 AM
Looks good, I agree it needs an emblem... I hate chrome on anything but wheels, so I don't agree with others on that.

Could you take another picutre a bit further back so we can see it from a distance?

I completely agree. Chrome trim makes vehicles look cheap... And we definitely need to see a pic from further away!

Hey OP, I think it looks great! I would just body match the trim of the grille and leave the mesh alone. I think a matte finish with a big caddy wreath would look tits! Maybe find one off a 06+ DTS trunk????

biggyal66
07-24-12, 09:28 AM
I just ordered this emblem for the front, http://www.ebay.com/itm/271015650758?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649.
I also have some color matching paint I just need to pickup. This week. Im going to color match the sides and when my emblem comes in I will fab something up to make it fit.

blalockchiro
07-24-12, 11:48 AM
cool..cool...cool..it makes the de llac look fat....where can i get one in bright shiny chrome???????????

blalockchiro
07-24-12, 11:50 AM
for all you old folks on here,,,,its from a new breed of cadillac (de llac) owners...that make the cars look fine as He&&:devil:

Hipoint
07-25-12, 08:03 AM
Isn't there a "Cosmetics" section for a thread like this ? Advice being sought is more aesthetic than remedial... BORING !

Slipgate
07-25-12, 08:16 AM
What would really look good on that car is to have the entire thing painted flat black (wheels too). De-badge and de-mold it all while you are at it. Tint the windows as much as you can.

basscatt
07-25-12, 06:05 PM
What would really look good on that car is to have the entire thing painted flat black (wheels too). De-badge and de-mold it all while you are at it. Tint the windows as much as you can.
--------------------------------
ya - then put a light bar on the roof and you can pretend to be a cop
OOOOO - lets not forget the "Knight-Rider" blinking lights in the grill -

houg
07-26-12, 05:22 PM
i got the same thing but chrome from ebay for $90.00 shipped

houg
07-26-12, 05:25 PM
Get some of that two component epoxy glue from Wal-Mart... Looks like a BIG dual hypodermic needle. Squirt out enough goop to do the job, mix them together and apply. After allowing four hours to cure, that puppy ain't goin' NOWHERE.
if u glue it and it falls off then ur new grill is gonna be trash

Submariner409
07-26-12, 05:28 PM
Gone........... To Detailing and Appearance modifications.................

biggyal66
07-27-12, 09:10 AM
I should get my new emblem in the mail either today or early tomorrow. Im going to fab up some backplate to mount the emblem on first. Using some long bolts with nuts and washers Im going to attach it to my grill. Maybe use some thick acrylic or something like that.

biggyal66
07-30-12, 11:54 AM
pics of car from a distance