: drag trip last night

caseyschier
07-21-12, 12:39 PM
95099Went to the strip last night for the first time! I was kind of nervous at first, but I did well! My first run surprised me and I didn't expect to get the time that I did considering it was my first run ever. I was trying too hard on my middle two runs and kinda sucked on those, but then my last run was quite pleasing! On number 4, I was racing a G8 GT. He was shooting nitrous the whole way down the track, and he still only beat me by a hair which I thought was funny, hahaha. See for yourselves!

alradco
07-21-12, 03:39 PM
Nice job for your first time out. How were you launching the car?

caseyschier
07-21-12, 09:20 PM
Yeah I was satisfied considering it was my first time. Being that I have an 05 V, I don't often practice launching hard and such since my rear diff isn't as strong, so I had to learn some last night, but I had it in CDM each time and my first three runs were sucky because right when the light hit green, I was focusing on going as fast as I could so I'd stupidly floor it. I learned though on the last time (didn't get to be there as long as I wanted) and didn't floor it until I got moving which is what gave me my best, last time. I know I could do better with some more practice, but it was a great first experience! :D

repenttokyo
07-22-12, 01:27 PM
congratulations on being able to work your ET down, good for you!

odthetruth
07-24-12, 02:04 AM
Your 60's aren't too bad for this car for your first time out. I'd say ease on the 1-2 shift, but you can be a bit more aggressive on the 2-3 and 3-4. Best bet would be to work on the 60's. Its difficult in this car to launch hard out the hole (and dangerous for your differential. LOL), but cutting the 60' down by a tenth or so normally equates to at least double that in the ET.

TheLostDriver
07-24-12, 02:29 PM
Ah snap. If I knew another V1 was gonna be there I woulda went too in mine and ran it for the first time as well. Maybe next time

lollygagger8
07-25-12, 01:55 PM
Nice job on getting that number lower and lower!

Mangtas83
09-10-12, 01:56 AM
Drive it harder. i ran 13.1@108 with a 2.1 60 ft my first time out.

RyRidesMotoX
09-10-12, 04:17 AM
Casey- what mods are you running?

Mangtas- same question?

Mangtas83
09-12-12, 02:57 PM
Casey- what mods are you running?

Mangtas- same question?
none, i went about a month after buying my car to see what it can do, stock shifter and all...And in FL humidity and 80 plus degrees. I now have electronic cutouts, lingenfelter shifter and k&n. Gonna wait till its cooler and go again, should be high 12s all day with good air.

RyRidesMotoX
09-12-12, 10:18 PM
none, i went about a month after buying my car to see what it can do, stock shifter and all...And in FL humidity and 80 plus degrees. I now have electronic cutouts, lingenfelter shifter and k&n. Gonna wait till its cooler and go again, should be high 12s all day with good air.

Where in florida are you at? I know a good tuner over there who remote tunes my cars. He will squeeze a few more horsies out of that LS2 for you.

Side note, how do you like the shifter? I had a TWM short throw on my Cobalt SS and it was so crisp and smooth, I want that feeling back.

Mangtas83
09-13-12, 11:25 AM
Where in florida are you at? I know a good tuner over there who remote tunes my cars. He will squeeze a few more horsies out of that LS2 for you.

Side note, how do you like the shifter? I had a TWM short throw on my Cobalt SS and it was so crisp and smooth, I want that feeling back.

I'm in tampa actually, but unfortunatly with me being laid off work and with a baby on the way i cant afford to keep my car much longer :( Unless i can score a new job making close to what i was making before the V will be gone, but i am still keeping my fingers crossed.
The shifter is OK, i never drove another car with a T56 and a shifter so i dont have anything to compare it to. Definitely not as crisp as my pro 5.0 or steeda shifters i had in my previous mustangs but this is a 6spd and those were 5 speeds....I was expecting more crisp honestly but its a big improvement over stock. I dont know what GM was thinking with this shifter in the V, sloppy as a $5 hooker :helpless:

RyRidesMotoX
09-13-12, 01:38 PM
Yea I agree. Oh well. I don't miss shifts wth the stock shifter or anything I just want it to be crisp and tight. It feels like I'm driving my 59 ford f100 if I were to compare the v to my cobalt ss.

Yea the economy is a bitch. All the illegal aliens are taking jobs here in so cal and messing up work for everyone legally here. Cant hardly get a job in construction anymore without being bilingual basically, unless its a skilled trade like electrical or carpentry, maybe include glaziers , pipe fitters, and welders there as well. And the fact that the administration is just letting them stay and take jobs isnt helping the unemployment rate at all. Good luck finding something dude. I know here in southern california the job market is basically hopeless.

Mangtas83
09-14-12, 01:45 PM
Yea I agree. Oh well. I don't miss shifts wth the stock shifter or anything I just want it to be crisp and tight. It feels like I'm driving my 59 ford f100 if I were to compare the v to my cobalt ss.

Yea the economy is a bitch. All the illegal aliens are taking jobs here in so cal and messing up work for everyone legally here. Cant hardly get a job in construction anymore without being bilingual basically, unless its a skilled trade like electrical or carpentry, maybe include glaziers , pipe fitters, and welders there as well. And the fact that the administration is just letting them stay and take jobs isnt helping the unemployment rate at all. Good luck finding something dude. I know here in southern california the job market is basically hopeless.

Thanks man, florida is not much better...pretty much the two states with the highest unemployment:histeric:
I was laid off after 6 years so i gotta start from the buttom, and with no college degree im pretty much screwed. We'll see what happens, i got till april when the baby comes:cool: