: don't buy anything from member ITSQUIK ~~scam alert~~~

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-21-12, 12:49 AM
I'm getting ready to change out all bulbs(interior & exterior except high beam)...anybody have any tricks, tips, recommendations, what brand, etc...I do have some questions about the side marker bulbs(front fenders)...how do I replace those bulbs, oem part #, and when should they blink/turn on? Mine were working with the turn signals and when doors locked but tonight I noticed that they are not working at all...also has anybody used the bi color(amber/white) front turn signal/parking light SMD LEDs? Lol I'm really tired of the "2 eggs sunny side up" look...thank you Rodney 2005 STS 3.6

EChas3
07-21-12, 04:03 PM
Some LED's don't work well with the interior lights that dim-out because of how the STS uses a pulsed dimmer design.

For cars so equipped, the OEM 'peanut' bulbs in the headlight are a good match to the TT6 HID's.

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-21-12, 10:08 PM
Ok thanks e...I definitely want to change the "peanuts" thanks for that part number

EChas3
07-21-12, 11:27 PM
Sorry I don't have any part numbers. I like the OEM and never needed them.

Have you tried the forum's search function or your favorite search engine? There are a lot of threads on it. The 'Click Here First!' Sticky thread may have a link, too.

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-21-12, 11:34 PM
Ok thanks, I'll check it out

eatyoursandwich
07-22-12, 10:57 AM
This kit will cover every bulb in the interior.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=2005+Cadillac+STS

They do flicker slightly when dimming, but if you're familiar with load equilizers/resistors/whatever you want to call them, you can scale down the power draw and make them dim just like the OEM lights do (only certain types of LEDs have this capability and using the LE in this application requires some pretty extensive wiring knowledge).

If you're talking about the USDOT mandated amber side-markers, you could use any color bulb you want and it's still going to light up amber because of the lens. If you want color match-ed lenses, just paint them. If you want clear lenses, you will have to make a template with the OEM lens and cut a piece of clear fiberglass to fit.

For the front turn signals (on the front bumper, just above the fog lights), I'm using stealth bulbs (http://www.stealthbulbs.com/). Housing is clear when off, but the bulb lights up amber when on.

I couldn't find any good 194s (what some of you call 'peanut bulbs') that matched my HIDs so I just disabled them.

Bi-color SMD LEDs will flicker and blink faster when used in the turn signal -- again, unless you use a load equalizer.

In the FAQ, the exterior bulbs are pretty accurate; interior is not. If you do not have headlamp washers, you do not have HIDs which means your headlight bulbs are H11.

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-22-12, 03:41 PM
Thanks eat....the ijdmtoy lights are what I'm looking at for everything....around $500...is it good quality?

Mullah88
07-22-12, 04:23 PM
contact ITSQUIK, I plan on doing the same mods on my sts. he only asked for 275! its either I got scammed or he gave me a good deal

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-22-12, 09:36 PM
Ok Ty mullah

Mullah88
07-24-12, 04:57 PM
bulbs should be in by the end of the week...the only thing im not changing is the trunk bulbs (only because i forgot about them)

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-24-12, 05:17 PM
Cool lmk how they look and how easy the change out is?...are you changing your side markers too(on the fenders near the front doors)?

r1concepts
07-24-12, 07:11 PM
Check out DDMtuning.com they have all kinds of LED bulbs and lifetime warranty HID kits. Can't find nothing better.

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-24-12, 07:26 PM
Ok thanks r1

Mullah88
07-25-12, 03:22 PM
Cool lmk how they look and how easy the change out is?...are you changing your side markers too(on the fenders near the front doors)?

yes i'm changing ALL the bulbs, including the side markers...i plan on tinting them

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-25-12, 09:18 PM
How about switch back LEDs for the egg yolks in between the headlights and fogs? I'm looking into them but I'm not exactly sure if they'll work the way I want...white during day with headlights off and then blink amber when it's time for them to...do you know if that's how they work on our cars?

eatyoursandwich
07-26-12, 09:46 AM
How about switch back LEDs for the egg yolks in between the headlights and fogs? I'm looking into them but I'm not exactly sure if they'll work the way I want...white during day with headlights off and then blink amber when it's time for them to...do you know if that's how they work on our cars?

They do make LED bulbs that do this and they will fit an STS, but its going to hyperflash when it blinks. Some guy that lives near where I work has them and they stay 'white' until he uses his blinker, but then it blinks like crazy and I can only imagine the blinker signal inside the car is doing the same, but if you can deal with that -- go for it.

The power-draw is lower so your car is going to treat it as a bulb out. If you've ever had a blinker bulb out, one of the ways most non-Euro cars let you know is by hyperflashing instead of a light on your dashboard. Again, the power-draw can be corrected with a load equalizer, but it's not something you want to experiment with. If you're not well versed in electronic power currents, I would find someone who is. At the end of the day, it's your car, though.

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-26-12, 10:44 AM
Thanks eat...I think he jus needs to add 50w 6ohm resistors and that should stop the hyper blink...or has he tried that already?

Midnight
07-26-12, 01:48 PM
I'd be surprised if there isn't an aftermarket LED blinker relay that will work in our cars. I've been considering going LED for the DRL but I dislike the idea of using a resistor to basically waste energy to fix the symptom (fast blink).

Then it got me wondering how much power do you save with an LED? Beware, napkin calculations follow :)

The stock 3757 (running light/signal) appears to use about 26 watts each. One on each side, lets call it 50 watts.
The LED replacements vary, but a selection I just looked at were 0.15-0.2 amps, which is 2.6 watts each, 5 watts total.

That's saving 45 watts at all times the DRL are on. That sounds great! But... 45 watts = 0.06 horsepower. Out of 320, that's pretty insignificant.

That's kind of surprising to me, as I figured 45 watts would be more. Intuitively, a 50 watt incandescent bulb can get damn hot... and it takes a lot of energy to heat things up... I think the root is that I have a skewed perception of how much power you get from your house power (and what it costs) vs how much power a 4.6L Northstar (or the gas you put in it) generates. 320 hp = over a quarter million watts, not that we use the peak output of the engine all the time, and the alternator, even if it's putting out 2000 watts, is only draining a tiny percentage of the total power. And each individual bulb, is only using a tiny bit of that alternator's output.

So I guess the result is that it will be impossible to notice that wasted energy from a load resistor, and the only practical reason to move to LED bulbs is for aesthetics or possibly longevity. That being said, I still want to do it, and I'd still prefer a LED blinker over resistors. I mean, there is the weight to consider! :D

eatyoursandwich
07-26-12, 01:50 PM
Thanks eat...I think he jus needs to add 50w 6ohm resistors and that should stop the hyper blink...or has he tried that already?

I can't see why they would blink with a resistor and the way the rest of his car looks, I doubt it hes using one or even knows what one is. Looks like he went on an Autozone or ebay shopping spree and bought all the accessories they had.

eatyoursandwich
07-26-12, 01:54 PM
I'd be surprised if there isn't an aftermarket LED blinker relay that will work in our cars. I've been considering going LED for the DRL but I dislike the idea of using a resistor to basically waste energy to fix the symptom (fast blink).

Then it got me wondering how much power do you save with an LED? Beware, napkin calculations follow :)

The stock 3757 (running light/signal) appears to use about 26 watts each. One on each side, lets call it 50 watts.
The LED replacements vary, but a selection I just looked at were 0.15-0.2 amps, which is 2.6 watts each, 5 watts total.

That's saving 45 watts at all times the DRL are on. That sounds great! But... 45 watts = 0.06 horsepower. Out of 320, that's pretty insignificant.

That's kind of surprising to me, as I figured 45 watts would be more. Intuitively, a 50 watt incandescent bulb can get damn hot... and it takes a lot of energy to heat things up... I think the root is that I have a skewed perception of how much power you get from your house power (and what it costs) vs how much power a 4.6L Northstar (or the gas you put in it) generates. 320 hp = over a quarter million watts, not that we use the peak output of the engine all the time, and the alternator, even if it's putting out 2000 watts, is only draining a tiny percentage of the total power. And each individual bulb, is only using a tiny bit of that alternator's output.

So I guess the result is that it will be impossible to notice that wasted energy from a load resistor, and the only practical reason to move to LED bulbs is for aesthetics or possibly longevity. That being said, I still want to do it, and I'd still prefer a LED blinker over resistors. I mean, there is the weight to consider! :D

You calculations sound about right. I haven't really looked too in depth at it because I just use the chrome-coated stealth bulbs and turn my DRLs off during the day. If it's cloudy or overcast, I just run the HID fogs alone. Parking lights are disabled so they never come on so when I have my DRLs off, there are no lights on whatsoever. With the chrome coated bulbs, when they aren't on, the housing doesn't have the amber reflection -- just clear and clean, no resistors, and no hyperflash.

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-26-12, 02:50 PM
I can't see why they would blink with a resistor and the way the rest of his car looks, I doubt it hes using one or even knows what one is. Looks like he went on an Autozone or ebay shopping spree and bought all the accessories they had.

Lol that doesn't sound good at all

aliskerov
07-28-12, 12:45 PM
One of my stock ones burned out, so I just swapped my "peanut lights" out foe LEDs, $10 at http://store.ijdmtoy.com/. The swap was a pain, as I refused to take the bumper off and had to remove the intake and move the fuse box (caution, the bottom threaded stud can sometimes fall through under the car when loose. Also, the tabs that hold those peanut lights in place are very fragile and not that secure; as much as I hate to admit it, I ended up gluing the housing to the headlight housing as one of the tabs broke, and the other light had little play (hey, LEDs dont burnout as often as these do, whadayagonnado). Well, what's doen is done, and the lights look awesome!

Before: look at your as reference lol. These look okay, but, with HIDs, the yellow really stands out, and I didn't like that.

After: beautiful! The best part is that the HIDs are warmer in color, so when the parking lights are on by themselves they look white, but when the headlights are on, they look light blue! Much brighter too.

I also swapped out my license plate and reverse lights. I personally like regular lights inside - warmer lighting, but the outside deserves some colder, vivid lights. Besides, now there is less worries of a lights going out!

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-28-12, 02:38 PM
they look awesome...I just changed mine to hid the other day and I just unplugged the peanuts...the "dome" part on the peanut assembly looked a little yellowed to me so I assumed(bad choice) even if I changed those to led it would still look a little yellow there

Mullah88
08-08-12, 06:10 PM
contact ITSQUIK, I plan on doing the same mods on my sts. he only asked for 275! its either I got scammed or he gave me a good deal

Ok Ty mullah

turns out ITSQUIK is a scam artist! i got duped out of $275...i knew it was too good to be true but the damage was not that bad, lesson learned.

if mods/admins are able to watch access members inbox, ill suggested doing so because i dont think i was the only one he was running this scam on. DON'T FALL FOR IT!

DarkMingBlueSTS
08-08-12, 08:54 PM
turns out ITSQUIK is a scam artist! i got duped out of $275...i knew it was too good to be true but the damage was not that bad, lesson learned.

if mods/admins are able to watch access members inbox, ill suggested doing so because i dont think i was the only one he was running this scam on. DON'T FALL FOR IT!

That's not cool at all to take somebody's "mullah" like that ;) .....my LEDs will be here in a couple of days...I will hook you up with guy if I like the lights...I'm leaving town for a few days so just give me a week or so to get them installed

Mullah88
08-08-12, 09:02 PM
lol sure will...post pics when you get the time

ITSQUIK
08-08-12, 11:07 PM
I'm not posting this to start a pissing match, so please keep all the negative comments to yourselves. I did in fact have an issue getting Mullah's bulbs out on time as its not my main business. He texted me today & I explained I was in meetings all day & I would call him back shortly to update him. BTW, I have never avoided his calls or texts. Well, I happened to be checking my emails right before I called Mullah back and found that he had already opened the case with PayPal, they already took his money from my account & now when the lights do arrive in a day or so I'll probably be screwed out of getting the money back. THAT'S COOL Mullah, keep the lights as they are very high quality which u will see shortly. I won't talk $h1T about anyone but I am done trying to help people out. I had charged him only 275 which is my exact cost without any shIpping. Locally I would charge 350-400 for a quantity of lights like this. I love this site & all the people on it as we are all obviously BIG fans of Cadillacs & that makes you ok in my book & I will bend over backwards for those people. Needless to say, No I haven't called him back this evening & I'm not going to. I hope everybody understands that sometimes you just can't make everyone happy no matter how hard you try. To all, have a good evening & if I get banned I understand. If not, I'll still come on periodically & compliment peoples cars &/or ideas & post pics of my STS as modifications take place. Thank you for reading & I truly apologize to anyone that can't understand my POV. Again, everybody is different & that's ok.

ITSQUIK
08-08-12, 11:11 PM
I'm not posting this to start a pissing match, so please keep all the negative comments to yourselves. I did in fact have an issue getting Mullah's bulbs out on time as its not my main business. He texted me today & I explained I was in meetings all day & I would call him back shortly to update him. BTW, I have never avoided his calls or texts. Well, I happened to be checking my emails right before I called Mullah back and found that he had already opened the case with PayPal, they already took his money from my account & now when the lights do arrive in a day or so I'll probably be screwed out of getting the money back. THAT'S COOL Mullah, keep the lights as they are very high quality which u will see shortly. I won't talk $h1T about anyone but I am done trying to help people out. I had charged him only 275 which is my exact cost without any shIpping. Locally I would charge 350-400 for a quantity of lights like this. I love this site & all the people on it as we are all obviously BIG fans of Cadillacs & that makes you ok in my book & I will bend over backwards for those people. Needless to say, No I haven't called him back this evening & I'm not going to. I hope everybody understands that sometimes you just can't make everyone happy no matter how hard you try. To all, have a good evening & if I get banned I understand. If not, I'll still come on periodically & compliment peoples cars &/or ideas & post pics of my STS as modifications take place. Thank you for reading & I truly apologize to anyone that can't understand my POV. Again, everybody is different & that's ok.

P.S. Chima when u do get the lights, please post that so everyone knows I'm not the "Scam Artist" that u thought I was. Thank You!!

Mullah88
08-09-12, 06:27 PM
i have no problem doing that, if they do refund the money, ill gladly send it back to you. the money is not an issue...no hard feelings but when something takes that long, my only assumption is to assume that i have been scammed! nothing personal (lol the irony)

eatyoursandwich
08-10-12, 10:25 AM

I've been there man when I first starting selling on forum classifieds.

Unfortunately, this is just something that comes with it -- even if you are giving the person a ridiculous deal.

I was on vaca once and didn't check email for 5 days. When I got back, I was on a scam list just about everywhere. Took nearly a year to sort everything out with everyone.

You made a mistake, it will happen. Even with a delay in getting parts from a supplier, you still assume that responsibility to at least let the buyer know of the delay. It's how you handle the mistake the counts. Seems like you and Mullah are working it out. Hope it turns out well for all parties.

Rolex
08-11-12, 03:13 PM
P.S. Chima when u do get the lights, please post that so everyone knows I'm not the "Scam Artist" that u thought I was. Thank You!!

You're also using the forum to make contacts and peddle your business. You need to speak to me or one of the site administrators about becoming a vendor ASAP.

This thread is tagged for the outcome of this.

Rolex
08-12-12, 07:38 PM
Thread bumped for outcome.

Rolex
08-13-12, 06:59 PM
Thread stuck.

PM privileges are revoked.

Still awaiting an outcome.

The Tony Show
08-14-12, 03:03 PM
Always look for the "SUPPORTING VENDOR" badge underneath the name of someone selling things on this site. If it's not there, we have no idea who they are and they are violating the rules by soliciting your business.

Cadillacforums.com does not hold any liability for transactions (even with supporting vendors), but we will take action to ensure that everyone listed as an official vendor here is conducting business professionally.

Members soliciting business without license to do so here will be removed, and that goes double for those conducting business without permission AND doing so poorly to boot.

Mullah88
08-19-12, 09:06 PM
paypal will refund me...I didn't get the parts, they ruled in my favor. dude is not legit

Rolex
08-21-12, 06:46 PM

Tell us more about how you're not ripping anybody off. It's good Paypal was looking out for the interests of your buyer. It seems without that he would have been without money or merchandise.

You won't get your private messaging back, ever. And the first time you're caught posting links to your business or your email, you're gone.