: New guy

TuType
07-19-12, 09:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I have the opportunity to acquire 2 Cadi's (1997 Deville, 95K & 1984 Fleet Bro' D'Elegence, 75K). Uncle (78yrs old) bought '97 eight years ago & the '84 back in 1986. Both are in very clean condition. Both have sat up for the last 3 years due to the fact Uncle can't drive anymore. 97 started right up, so I drove her to the car wash for a quick cleaning. Haven't touched the '84 yet. Again both are very clean inside and outside. What do you think they are worth?

Thanks in advance,

-TuType

Ranger
07-19-12, 10:03 PM
:noidea:

Check www.kbb.com or www.nada.com

:welcome:

77CDV
07-19-12, 10:31 PM
:welcome: Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful collection. :)

cadillac kevin
07-20-12, 12:20 AM
Why do you want to know what they're worth?
Are you trying to just get them at a price thats fair to both you and your uncle or are you trying to flip them? (wouldn't make too much $ off them if you were trying to flip them)

that being said, we'd need some more info and pictures to give you a fair price for the cars.

TuType
07-20-12, 09:49 AM
Trying to get a feel for value in terms of investment. Basically, how much should I put into her. My wife had mentioned several weeks ago she wanted a Cadi. Here's an opportunity. Trying to see if I should take advantage of it. I have several other vehicles: 2000 Blazer (just rebuilt motor & tranny); 1989 Buick LeSabre T-Type (rebuilding motor & tranny...Has L67 from a 1997 Bonne SSEi) and a couple more.

bigm57ict
07-20-12, 11:17 AM
KBB and NADA are a great starting point. The true value of a car is what other people are willing to pay for it. Do a search on Autotrader, Craigslist, Ebay, etc. See what similar cars are selling for. I've seen '97s advertised anywhere from $1500 to $4500 around here. The lower priced ones probably have head gasket issues, though :)

The key, of course, is what they are selling for. Some people will be a bit too optimistic when they set their price, but a good average should tell a lot.

TuType
07-20-12, 10:19 PM
Thanks everyone (:

TuType
07-20-12, 10:54 PM
This is sort of what I was looking for: http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Reliability.aspx?year=1997&make=Cadillac&model=DeVille again, thanks everyone.

Bless You

truckinman
07-20-12, 11:26 PM
The key, of course, is what they are selling for. Some people will be a bit too optimistic when they set their price, but a good average should tell a lot.

Yep. That's how I do it. I look on eBay and autotrader to see what they are bring sold for. eBay is good bc you can look at auctions that are over so you can actually see what people paid for that car and not just what the seller is asking.

brandondeleo
07-21-12, 03:58 AM
They're both worth ... (sadly) nothing much ... but welcome!