What is that

Kingoftypos
07-20-12, 01:54 PM
Subject line--- *Year Make Model*

Body--- What is that?

KOT

JimmyH
07-20-12, 04:48 PM
traction control pulls engine timing (reduces engine power) when it detects the driving wheels are slipping.

JimmyH
07-20-12, 04:49 PM
moved from cust svc

Ranger
07-20-12, 08:44 PM
Actually, I think TC applies the brakes first to control wheel slip. If that fails, then it starts reducing engine power by dropping injectors.

orconn
07-20-12, 10:33 PM
What is that

What is a "Rubeng" and "specifically" what year and make of car does a "Rubeng" Drive?

talismandave
07-20-12, 10:36 PM
What is a "Rubeng" and "specifically" what year and make of car does a "Rubeng" Drive?
He's ralworths friend....

Good to see you back, I was starting to get concerned.

orconn
07-20-12, 10:39 PM
Thanks, Dave! Had a little problem with a lung infection laying me low, but hopefully I am on the mend!

talismandave
07-21-12, 01:11 AM
Thanks, Dave! Had a little problem with a lung infection laying me low, but hopefully I am on the mend!
When I saw your name as a new/renew supporting member on the top of the page I felt better. Was still a little worried because of the weather and such.
Get on the mend quickly, gets a little quiet around here without you!:thumbsup:

Kingoftypos
07-21-12, 02:34 AM
moved from cust svc

Talk about moving a newbie to the dawgs... lol

KOT

JimmyH
07-21-12, 02:37 AM
Sometimes you have to run before you learn to walk.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-21-12, 03:17 PM
Welcome, Rubeng! Please count me as one of the members who would be interested in your Cadillac'syear/make! As the helpful member have already pointed out, your traction control system limits wheel spin. (This is especially useful in slippery road conditions.) The system operates only if it senses that one or both of the front wheels are spinning or beginning to lose traction. When this happens, the system works the front brakes and reduces engine power to limit spin. I'm always available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Orconn, I'm happy that you're on the mend and having fun checking in with this forum! :)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Rolex
07-21-12, 05:43 PM
An OP of few words. The question seems almost metaphorical when you ask it like this.