: Dash

B1n2fra
07-19-12, 06:19 PM
Would the instrument cluster from a 2007 2008 srx fit and work in an sts. I see that it's the same exact cluster but with just blue led instead of the sts orange color. Are the connections different?

1BadCadSTS
07-19-12, 08:02 PM
Try it.

ddalder
07-19-12, 11:15 PM
The wiring harness connector is the same physical part but they are not wired identically. There are three additional signals connected to the SRX cluster that are not present on the STS. This doesn't necessarily mean it won't work but you also have to consider the programming. I don't know if things like lane departure warning was available on the SRX so if you have it on your STS, it may not work (as an example). There may also be some differences in the messages displayed on the DIC. It could be difficult to know for sure if it's 100% compatible.

Ludacrisvp
07-19-12, 11:56 PM
Could be interesting to know.

dkozloski
07-20-12, 01:38 PM
Stuff like milage is store in the dash so a replacement would require shipment to an electronic component service center to have the data synchronized.

Ludacrisvp
07-20-12, 02:17 PM
No point to send it out to be programmed if it doesn't work. I would try to connect it and see what happened before sending it anywhere.
You might just be able to swap the display unit only rather than the whole cluster.

EChas3
07-20-12, 09:38 PM
I predict a long and spendy road ahead.

Have fun & send us a post card!