: Having HG problems and ordered NORTHSTAR PERFORMANCE studs...

Red93etc
07-19-12, 03:47 PM
I've got a classsic 93 ETC with head gasket woes.I'm a Cadillac certified tech,so I can fix the issue.I've installed "timeserts"on several 4.6 engines and am not a big fan since they do have REFAIL issues. After some investigating and reading good things here about SG studs and Nortstar Performance I ordered up a set.
That was 10 weeks ago! Can anyone here put me in touch with Jake Weibe so I can find out what the hold up is? I've called,emailed and written ,but I get NO RESPONSE and with summer more than 1/2 over, I'm out $550. and without the use of my ELDO! I'm not in full blown panic mode just yet,but I am getting there! I'm dyin' to install the stud kit...I just wish I could GET IT! I was steered here by some previous comments.Any help in this matter from some of you forum vets would be greatly appreciated.

vincentm
07-19-12, 07:37 PM
Another...hmm

Red93etc
07-19-12, 09:09 PM
A little cryptic and omenous there, Vince.As a relative newbie here,it makes me a little nervous,think you could elaborate? Thanks...

CadillacSevilleSTS
07-20-12, 01:59 AM
A lot of the threads were deleted, but many have complained in here about Jake not delivering. I recommend issuing a chargeback with your credit card company and placing an order with Carroll Custom Cadillac for their studs.

vincentm
07-20-12, 02:58 AM
A lot of the threads were deleted, but many have complained in here about Jake not delivering. I recommend issuing a chargeback with your credit card company and placing an order with Carroll Custom Cadillac for their studs.

:yeah: Jake has a persistent habit of taking orders and having customers wait months for delivery.

99DeVille_NrthSt*r
07-20-12, 05:11 AM
I have had experience dealing with Jake for years and have nothing but good things to say about him with my own personal experience. The stud kit is of the utmost quality and really instilled a great amount of confidence that when I get my car put back together there will not be another problem with head gaskets for 100's of thousands miles to come.

That being said I do know Jake has had a lot of issues both within his business (supplier issues, vendor relations) and his personal life and possibly could have handled communicating the issues with his customers so they could figure out if they may want to explore other avenues.

All in all Jake is a good man and produces a quality product that I guarantee will be worth the wait.

As for contacting him I believe the contact page of his website (northstarperformance.com) he has telephone numbers and email addresses, maybe see if you can get him on the phone, email is so easy to overlook sometimes, I know I have his number in an email somewhere if I find it I'll PM you.

Red93etc
07-20-12, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the reply...since I posted I've done more research and from what I've found,your advice seems pretty sound!Kind of begs the question why were threads deleted when they could have been helpful to Caddy enthusiasts !? Isn't that what this site is for? Have you any firsthand experiance with Caroll? I'm just a little "gunshy" after this bad experiance with Northsrar Perf.

Red93etc
07-20-12, 03:28 PM
:yeah: Jake has a persistent habit of taking orders and having customers wait months for delivery. Thanks Vince...that makes it pretty clear. I notice in your tag that you've dealt with Caroll. How's that worked out for you? Looks like I'm headed his way since Jake seems to have disappeared.

Red93etc
07-20-12, 03:40 PM
I have had experience dealing with Jake for years and have nothing but good things to say about him with my own personal experience. The stud kit is of the utmost quality and really instilled a great amount of confidence that when I get my car put back together there will not be another problem with head gaskets for 100's of thousands miles to come.

That being said I do know Jake has had a lot of issues both within his business (supplier issues, vendor relations) and his personal life and possibly could have handled communicating the issues with his customers so they could figure out if they may want to explore other avenues.

All in all Jake is a good man and produces a quality product that I guarantee will be worth the wait.

As for contacting him I believe the contact page of his website (northstarperformance.com) he has telephone numbers and email addresses, maybe see if you can get him on the phone, email is so easy to overlook sometimes, I know I have his number in an email somewhere if I find it I'll PM you.

Thanx for the reply...I appreciate your loyality and would be grateful for a number to contact the elusive Jake before I seek a solution to my Nortrhstar problem elsewhere. I'm a bit concerned though that if he has such poor business and communication skills ,what does that say about his product?! Cadillac customers I've dealt with at the dealership level,don't have a high tolerence for this level of poor performance. Kids on ebay handle transactions better and faster than this!
Not your fault...just venting! Thanx again!

Ranger
07-20-12, 04:01 PM
Threads where deleted because they deteriorated into pissing matches and bashing contests.

All I can suggest is to use the contacts on the Northstar performance web site.

00 Deville
07-20-12, 04:48 PM
Your time is quickly running out to take the solid advice given in post #4 concerning the charge back. If the seller was in the US he would be in violation of FTC rules that a merchant must offer a refund if they can't ship within 30 days. Save yourself an ulcer and move on.

Red93etc
07-20-12, 04:57 PM
Threads where deleted because they deteriorated into pissing matches and bashing contests.

All I can suggest is to use the contacts on the Northstar performance web site.

Thanx Ranger...Since my last post,I did manage to find a 4 page thread on this site and Yes,it was a pissing contest.Wish some threads had been closed but not deleted though. The deeper I dig,the more dirt I find! What a Bummer! A real life example of buyer beware!Makes me feel S-T-U-P-I-D!!! Guess I was blinded by all the glowing recommedations I found here,elsewhre on the net and on the Northstar Performance website!
As the ol'saying goes..."Wish I knew then what I know now!".
I have, in fact ,used every contact offered on the Northstar performance web site but to no avail! Thats why I started this thread. I was hoping for some "inside track'' fix from a long time member,but I guess that isn't available. I don't want to use this forum to start a pissing contest,just looking to get some help curing my ailing ElDo. Look forward to a long future of use on this fine site! Thanx though...I enjoyed some of your past posts and will look forward to reading more.

vincentm
07-20-12, 05:43 PM
Thanx Ranger...Since my last post,I did manage to find a 4 page thread on this site and Yes,it was a pissing contest.Wish some threads had been closed but not deleted though. The deeper I dig,the more dirt I find! What a Bummer! A real life example of buyer beware!Makes me feel S-T-U-P-I-D!!! Guess I was blinded by all the glowing recommedations I found here,elsewhre on the net and on the Northstar Performance website!
As the ol'saying goes..."Wish I knew then what I know now!".
I have, in fact ,used every contact offered on the Northstar performance web site but to no avail! Thats why I started this thread. I was hoping for some "inside track'' fix from a long time member,but I guess that isn't available. I don't want to use this forum to start a pissing contest,just looking to get some help curing my ailing ElDo. Look forward to a long future of use on this fine site! Thanx though...I enjoyed some of your past posts and will look forward to reading more.

Go with CCC, pm me

eyewonder
07-20-12, 05:44 PM
Red,

In addition to Carroll for one-piece studs, Norm's inserts are out there, and can be ordered to accept new GM head bolts, or ARP studs.

Cheers,
Steve

Red93etc
07-20-12, 06:39 PM
Your time is quickly running out to take the solid advice given in post #4 concerning the charge back. If the seller was in the US he would be in violation of FTC rules that a merchant must offer a refund if they can't ship within 30 days. Save yourself an ulcer and move on.
Thanx... already have that ulcer though! Would rather get the studs,but I think your probably right!

Red93etc
07-20-12, 06:43 PM
Red,

In addition to Carroll for one-piece studs, Norm's inserts are out there, and can be ordered to accept new GM head bolts, or ARP studs.

Cheers,
Steve
Thanx Steve...I am aware of some of these solutions and will investigate them all!! Sure do appreciate your help!

Red93etc
07-20-12, 07:18 PM
Go with CCC, pm me

Vince,
Afraid I have yet to master pm on this site but will continue to try it.Meanwhile,thanks for the input.I did discover some of your older posts on this same subject and am pretty confident that the CCC route is the way to go.

97EldoCoupe
07-20-12, 07:32 PM
Vince, stay the hell out of posts that involve me.

I've been in Ontario this past week while I wait for my order of new thread rolls to come in (old ones became damaged). Funding is tight, the HG work in Ontario is the funding source for everything.
Anyways, the Ontario shop is up and running again with a new general manager taking over. This is HG repair only. The stud kit production will remain in Manitoba as with vehicle repairs as well. We still have cars coming from all around the Great Lakes (Ohio, Pennsylvania, NY, Michigan, Ontario) at the Ontario shop. Profits from the stud kits don't keep the lights on and the doors open since it's all been investment lately. Huge overhead. I never wanted to shut down the Ontario location but finding someone capable of working on these cars that I can trust is not easy. The guy taking over has worked with me pretty much since I started this.

Red93, if your name is Rick, I believe you did send me a text and I did respond. I'll be in Manitoba tomorrow afternoon and I will look up the order and ensure you're taken care of. Thanks.

Red93etc
07-20-12, 08:03 PM
Vince, stay the hell out of posts that involve me.

I've been in Ontario this past week while I wait for my order of new thread rolls to come in (old ones became damaged). Funding is tight, the HG work in Ontario is the funding source for everything.
Anyways, the Ontario shop is up and running again with a new general manager taking over. This is HG repair only. The stud kit production will remain in Manitoba as with vehicle repairs as well. We still have cars coming from all around the Great Lakes (Ohio, Pennsylvania, NY, Michigan, Ontario) at the Ontario shop. Profits from the stud kits don't keep the lights on and the doors open since it's all been investment lately. Huge overhead. I never wanted to shut down the Ontario location but finding someone capable of working on these cars that I can trust is not easy. The guy taking over has worked with me pretty much since I started this.

Red93, if your name is Rick, I believe you did send me a text and I did respond. I'll be in Manitoba tomorrow afternoon and I will look up the order and ensure you're taken care of. Thanks.

Jake,
I got your texts and would welcome getting this problem resolved. I too have problems and customers to please and commitments to honor but I need my car back on the road to accomplish this! Look forward to hearing from you with a mutually pleasing solution! As for Vince,he's been good enough to try to help me out and for that I'm grateful and have nothing bad to say about him! I don't want a war here,I'd just like to fix my car.

97EldoCoupe
07-20-12, 09:21 PM
Thank you Red93, as just discussed on the phone I will call you for sure by Monday morning with your order update. I assure you will receive the best possible parts in dealing with Northstar Performance. Delivery standards will be back to normal very soon, I assure you. Myself, John, Charity, Pete, Jake sr. and Margaret are all doing our part in stepping up to the plate and taking care of our customers whether they bring us the whole vehicle for repair, the engine for repair, or purchasing the stud kits. The team is now standing at 6 full and part time people.

Red93etc
07-20-12, 09:28 PM
To those of you who've responded to my plea so far a hearty thanx! Jake himself has gotten a hold of me after I called his shop to give it one last try this afternoon.As he says in the post #18 here...he will ensure I get taken care of! We spoke this evening on the phone and he was very cordial and promises a solution to my problem by Monday (Jul 23). Hope this story will have a happy ending. Will post the outcome Monday night! Could not have gotten this far without the CADILLACFORUMS! Thanx Again!

Ranger
07-20-12, 10:11 PM
Glad you got it worked out.

Submariner409
07-21-12, 01:35 PM
The original question in Post #1 has been resolved.