: Weird V question of the moment.

AmigoBB
07-19-12, 02:06 PM
It is a dream of mine to have a race taxi. What I mean by this is to a car that car comfortably seat four while smoking all four tires on a race track at the same time. The V seems like an optimal car for this. Would a rear seat delete possibly accommodate two more racing buckets with obviously custom mounting brackets? The idea of a V with four racing seats gets me all kinds of excited for some reason. Has this been done? I can imagine a custom built console in the middle to occupy the missing fifth persons area in my head. Could a roll cage be fabbed in a situation such as this? I would love to hear from the V community at large on this one.

I am asking because for now I am done with power mods, now comes the drive train and interior mods. The drivers seats may be swapped as early as Thanksgiving.

Thoughts?

AmigoBB
07-19-12, 02:07 PM
I realize my own stupidity in saying smoking all four tires..but come on...race taxi!!!

Rakenjevnk
07-19-12, 02:28 PM
It would be awesome:

1. To miraculously get AWD
2. 4 x Recaro seats

Warning: Drive around with your rear seats down for a bit and see if you like the noise from the trunk before you go crazy!

mstrjon32
07-19-12, 02:47 PM
Unlikely, since the rear seat cushion sits on top of a big hump that covers the fuel tank and is much higher up than the front seats...

perfect
07-19-12, 04:46 PM
Unlikely, since the rear seat cushion sits on top of a big hump that covers the fuel tank and is much higher up than the front seats...

What he said!

I don't know of many "race" seats that would accommodate the odd mounting location of the V's rear seats. You'd also have to relocate the fuse panel as well.

Rakenjevnk
07-20-12, 09:23 AM
I think your best bet is to just oil up two bikini girls and let them slide around back there on the bench as you race. It will distract your opponents!