: I bought a V Today!

Scott2012
07-18-12, 08:06 PM
I finally found a CTS-V. 2005, red, 70k 19k. I did buy it from a dealership so I know I paid more than going private party. But I'm super happy with the car, and super happy with the service I received at the dealership.
Here's what I lime about the deal:
There were some chips on the hood- dealership bodyshop refinishing hood.
Some noise in the starter- dealership installing new starter.
Headlights- buffing cloudy wax off of them.
Motor mounts- any evidence of leaks or failure, they will allow me to purchase aftermarket and will install at no charge. (they seemed fine to me, but will reinspect).
Added another key.
Brand new tires (correct speed rating).
Brakes are at 80 percent.
Previous owner used Amsoil for oil changes. (dealership just changed to Mobile 1).
Dealership installing window tint, whole car.
Dealership etched in serial numbers for security on windows.

Another plus... The dealership is very aftermarket friendly,

The only issues I need to address:
1) it's bone stock, so skip shift elim + intake, here I come! :)
2) there are scratches on the face of the nav unit. So I need to figure out that part.

Super pumped, I pick it up when the work is done this week!

darkman
07-18-12, 08:12 PM
Congratulations:thumbsup:

sgtdestruction
07-18-12, 11:12 PM
Congrats...you will love it.

OmegaSupreme
07-18-12, 11:21 PM
Right on! I just purchased mine thru a dealer, and they didn't give me crap. Well, they did give me a crazy-good price, so guess that would have something to do with it...

Congrats!

alradco
07-19-12, 12:45 PM
Congrats, sounds like a nice find.

HAMSTAR
07-19-12, 01:03 PM
Take the opportunity and have those mounts replaced. They WILL fail, and they've probably failed already. Whatever you an argue with them, repalce 'em. The aftermarket mounts that people like are Creative Steel for the most stock-like ride, UMI for a more sporty feel (but more vibrations). There is a new mount on the market by RevShift that some people on here like but hasn't been time-tested yet.

Congrats!

Scott2012
07-19-12, 03:28 PM
Well, if there's any proof of wear or leakage, I will purchase some new mounts and the dealer will install hem. Worst case I'll get some down the road. I know there are quite a few topics on these, I suppose that would be an all day DIY project.

soulja
07-19-12, 03:33 PM
You sir found a pretty good deal. Especially with all the extras the dealership is throwing in. CONGRATS!

etcts-v
07-19-12, 05:32 PM
Congrats on the V! Check those mount s, even if they look good they are probably toast. I have 60k miles on mine, when I did a visual inspection of the mounts they looked fine, I thought everyone on the forum was blowing smoke. Then I pulled the motor for some performance upgrades and got a chance to look at the mounts up close, they were toasted! It's the inner portion of the mounts that go bad, all the rubber surrounding the stud that comes out of the mount. It's hard to tell unless you remove the mount, however a good indicator was that I could rock the motor inside the bay with a pinky finger when the tranny was disconnected..

For the NAV unit all you have to do is replace the screen with a new piece of non glare acrylic plexiglass from home depot, cost is $8 and you have a brand new screen! The part that you can see and touch is just a plastic cover over the real screen.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-19-12, 07:50 PM
Congrats again, Scott2012! :highfive: Happy you found the right V for you!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

odthetruth
07-19-12, 11:19 PM
Congrats on the V. Listen to these guys. They'll steer you in the right track. Def. check the mounts.

Scott2012
07-19-12, 11:59 PM
Congrats on the V. Listen to these guys. They'll steer you in the right track. Def. check the mounts.

I absolutely will, this forum is awesome!! :)

Faber
07-20-12, 09:19 PM
congrats!

C66 Racing
07-22-12, 09:03 AM
Congrats!

Responded to your other post, but adding here, if you'd like to go back to the AMSOIL the previous owner was using, more than happy to get AMSOIL products for forum members at dealer wholesale pricing, about 25% below retail, via the AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (http://www.c66racing-synthetics.com/Preferredcustomer.htm). Drop me a PM if interested. :cheers:

Scott2012
07-22-12, 11:38 AM
Congrats!

Responded to your other post, but adding here, if you'd like to go back to the AMSOIL the previous owner was using, more than happy to get AMSOIL products for forum members at dealer wholesale pricing, about 25% below retail, via the AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (http://www.c66racing-synthetics.com/Preferredcustomer.htm). Drop me a PM if interested. :cheers:

Excellent, pm sent!

Scott2012
07-22-12, 04:06 PM
I finally found a CTS-V. 2005, red, 70k 19k. I did buy it from a dealership so I know I paid more than going private party. But I'm super happy with the car, and super happy with the service I received at the dealership.
Here's what I lime about the deal:
There were some chips on the hood- dealership bodyshop refinishing hood.
Some noise in the starter- dealership installing new starter.
Headlights- buffing cloudy wax off of them.
Motor mounts- any evidence of leaks or failure, they will allow me to purchase aftermarket and will install at no charge. (they seemed fine to me, but will reinspect).
Added another key.
Brand new tires (correct speed rating).
Brakes are at 80 percent.
Previous owner used Amsoil for oil changes. (dealership just changed to Mobile 1).
Dealership installing window tint, whole car.
Dealership etched in serial numbers for security on windows.

Another plus... The dealership is very aftermarket friendly,

The only issues I need to address:
1) it's bone stock, so skip shift elim + intake, here I come! :)
2) there are scratches on the face of the nav unit. So I need to figure out that part.

Super pumped, I pick it up when the work is done this week!

On Thursday, it goes to the dealer for window tint, after that I'll post some pics

V for victory
07-22-12, 09:58 PM
Congrats, and welcome to the club...

07V, 46k, K&N CAI, Magnaflow 2.5" cat back, Chrome stock wheels, Revshift MM and trans mount, V2 pedals and shifter knob.

carlson_mn
07-28-12, 01:08 PM
Congrats! What dealer can I ask? I am also in the Twin cities in MN. I just bought a CTS-V, well I have a deposit on it and I'm traveling to PA this next week to get her... 2006 Platinum, 90k miles. Hopefully it woks out, I'll let you know.

Scott2012
07-28-12, 01:15 PM
Congrats! What dealer can I ask? I am also in the Twin cities in MN. I just bought a CTS-V, well I have a deposit on it and I'm traveling to PA this next week to get her... 2006 Platinum, 90k miles. Hopefully it woks out, I'll let you know.

Miller Chevrolet. If you get her, we should hook up sometime. Good luck!

Ludacrisvp
07-28-12, 01:24 PM
Miller Chevrolet. If you get her, we should hook up sometime. Good luck!

That's the dealer I use all the time. I deal with Dean in service. I didn't even notice they had a V there recently, guess I need to pay more attention.

carlson_mn
07-28-12, 02:02 PM
Sounds good, I'm already thinking of a plan to replace the motor mounts as I'm sure the 06 I'm getting will be shot with 90k miles.

Bertbart
07-28-12, 02:02 PM
Congratulations...I too have a 2005 CTS V and I love it.

tophat
08-04-12, 02:43 PM
Awesome, I drove that car back in Feb when they got it in, almost bought it then but had some other issues come up, went up when the got it back in july, you must have been the person who was coming to test drive the day I went up to talk to them about it because it was gone a few days later. Sounds like you got a good deal. Im still looking and hope to pick one up by the end of summer, looking like I will have to search out of town since they are had to come by here in MN but I keep my eyes open for any deals. Saw that one in Fairbault too but didn't want to del with then also. Congrats on your new car, will have to meet up with owners once I finally get mine.

carlson_mn
08-04-12, 05:50 PM
Awesome, I drove that car back in Feb when they got it in, almost bought it then but had some other issues come up, went up when the got it back in july, you must have been the person who was coming to test drive the day I went up to talk to them about it because it was gone a few days later. Sounds like you got a good deal. Im still looking and hope to pick one up by the end of summer, looking like I will have to search out of town since they are had to come by here in MN but I keep my eyes open for any deals. Saw that one in Fairbault too but didn't want to del with then also. Congrats on your new car, will have to meet up with owners once I finally get mine.

There's a very nice looking black 04 here in Eden Prairie, it is fairly priced I think for the mods that are done if you are into that. Also fairly low mileage.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/3171633372.html

tophat
08-04-12, 07:38 PM
yup saw that one, not a bad deal, id like pretty much stock so I can have the fun of doing all the upgrades. lol

Scott2012
08-05-12, 12:35 PM
It's funny how many of these pop up locally after you buy one! After a lot of searching, I found the mods don't had too much value. 21 is pretty decent for this 04, but unless it's a dealer or you just want to stay local, it a few thousand high in my oppinion. But, in reality, I would have paid 21k if it meant staying local :)

Technikal
08-06-12, 01:45 PM
I could have drove yours 1/2 way to you and vice versa I flew to Sioux city and drove dam near you to get mine. Could have saved us both some travel time

carlson_mn
08-10-12, 10:01 AM
yup saw that one, not a bad deal, id like pretty much stock so I can have the fun of doing all the upgrades. lol

shoot me an e-mail. It's my username @ yahoo.com