: Removing Tire Marks Off Cement Driveway

malatu
07-18-12, 02:52 PM
I erroniously, left a bunch of tire marks on a friends cement driveway. Insead of asking the person blocking me in to move their car, I simply "wiggled" out of the space. I do this all of the time in my driveway (it's blacktop) and don't leave any marks. this was a dumb, dumb mistake on my part.... I wasn't thinking. Each time turned my two front wheels, I left two heavy black tire marks (six in all). To say the least, I feel pretty bad about it. He told me not to worry about it but I could tell he was upset. I've read that pressure washing doesn't work and that brake cleaner, a brush and good old fashion elbow grease works well.

Does anybody have any experience removing tire marks from cement?

KRSTS
07-18-12, 03:30 PM
Pressure washing should work fine. Or maybe even a good hard rain

johnny-cash
07-18-12, 03:36 PM
I use pressure washer and 30 second driveway cleaner bought at your local home depot or lowes.

dkozloski
07-18-12, 04:17 PM
A flatbed truck and fork lift from Lowe's left some enormous black marks on my concrete driveway and a pressure washer took care of it in a few minutes.

dannyquest
07-18-12, 10:34 PM
Try a power washer with at least 3,000 psi. You will have to do the whole drive cause that one spot will be very clean. Danny

erichthecatt
07-19-12, 09:47 AM
Ive used dry laundry soap, or dry Boraxo., and a push broom to scrub. Its always worked

eatyoursandwich
07-19-12, 02:09 PM
It's just basically rubber that's stuck to the ground. A good 5 minute pressure wash should take care of it. The hotter it is outside, the easier the rubber will come off.

Like someone already said, HomeDepot has a 30 second driveway cleaner. Haven't used it myself, but my friend did when his 16-year old got caught doing burnouts in his mustang. They used a lot of it and seemed to work well.