: Woodward Dream Cruise Aug 17, 2012

Den_93
07-18-12, 10:47 AM
Who's going this year?

rand49er
07-18-12, 11:00 AM
It's been on my Google calendar for months, now, so my wife sees it way ahead of time.

piening2150
07-18-12, 11:29 AM
I'll be up there Sat the 18th

Faber
07-18-12, 01:23 PM
Seems like my other vacation plans are getting dashed, might see if I can make it up for this.

JimmyH
07-18-12, 10:51 PM
I sooooooo want to make it to Woodward some day. Unfortunately, once again, I don't think this is the year.

rand49er
07-19-12, 10:53 AM
I sooooooo want to make it to Woodward some day. Unfortunately, once again, I don't think this is the year.I need an "Unlike" button for this post.

JimmyH
07-19-12, 01:15 PM
i know. I told you and Shane this was the year. Unfortunately, I am taking time off of work this week and again the beginning of august again. I don't want to take too much time off.

PISNUOFF
07-19-12, 06:57 PM
I'll be there.

Den_93
07-19-12, 07:00 PM
I'll be there.

Should I bring an axle with me?

Bigron
07-21-12, 01:50 PM
So what is the plan? I know last year "our" spot got taken over but it still worked pretty well.

lollygagger8
07-23-12, 12:03 PM
Is anyone going to be there Friday Night the 17th? I have a big bday party to attend on the 18th later in the day.....I could stay Friday night and hang Saturday maybe?

I have to meet Yooper for my rear strut bar too.

soulja
07-23-12, 12:08 PM
If I can get my maggie install all set by then, I may be there.

rand49er
07-23-12, 02:24 PM
So what is the plan? I know last year "our" spot got taken over but it still worked pretty well.Darn Vettes! :annoyed:

Hey, Jason ... I'm not a red meat eater, but I'd still like to contribute some $$$ for the food.

acaringnihilist
07-23-12, 06:45 PM
I'll be there all weekend.

Torxila
07-24-12, 05:10 PM
If Jason can hook us up with the same spot we're in. I will also contribute to the food chain.

George

lollygagger8
07-25-12, 01:53 PM
Where's everyone staying at?

lollygagger8
07-25-12, 01:55 PM
double poast sorry

PISNUOFF
07-25-12, 02:13 PM
Should I bring an axle with me?

Haha. I hope not as I have a set of 1000 Hp DSS ones now.

lollygagger8
07-30-12, 10:00 AM
Where is everyone staying!?!??

rand49er
07-30-12, 04:25 PM
Where is everyone staying!?!??Drury Inn in Troy. It's a straight shot west a couple of miles from there to where we hang on Saturday during all the action.

Here ... I took the liberty of setting you up with your avatar for three nights: https://wwws.druryhotels.com/Reservations.aspx?adults=1&arrival=8%2f16%2f2012&departure=8%2f19%2f2012&state=MI&city=Troy%2c+MI#&&step=2

piening2150
07-30-12, 07:00 PM
Where is this super secret CTS-V hangout spot? I will be up there Sat, I wouldn't mind contributing $$ towards the festivities and swinging by to introduce myself.

rand49er
07-30-12, 10:03 PM
Where is this super secret CTS-V hangout spot? I will be up there Sat, I wouldn't mind contributing $$ towards the festivities and swinging by to introduce myself.JD03Cobra will undoubtedly chime in especially if you say the secret word: $$.

Super secret hangout spot? That's easy. It's in front of the third building south of Big Beaver Rd on Southeast corner of Woodward and Big Beaver. https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en You'll probably have to zoom in a bit.

See if you can get ROG to drive up with you. He's in Toledo, too.

JD03Cobra
07-31-12, 10:40 AM
JD03Cobra will undoubtedly chime in especially if you say the secret word: $$.

Super secret hangout spot? That's easy. It's in front of the third building south of Big Beaver Rd on Southeast corner of Woodward and Big Beaver. https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en You'll probably have to zoom in a bit.

See if you can get ROG to drive up with you. He's in Toledo, too.

Sorry for the delay here guys...Yes I will be at the normal location and the V's are welcome! Still working through a few details to see if the tent and barbecue are available for Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Torxila
08-02-12, 12:48 PM
Jason,

Let me know what Gloria & I can bring/make for this. Also, will we be hanging out anywhere (Drury?) Friday night?

Looking forward to see all the "usual suspects" plus some new guys/gals.

George
aka TORXILA

Twitch
08-03-12, 09:42 AM
:nono:

JD03Cobra
08-04-12, 10:29 AM
Jason,

Let me know what Gloria & I can bring/make for this. Also, will we be hanging out anywhere (Drury?) Friday night?

Looking forward to see all the "usual suspects" plus some new guys/gals.

George
aka TORXILA

Hey George! The schedule typically works like this:

Friday - We have our private Company party from 11:30a to 2:30. Around 3:00 the Cleveland guys (NUTZ - Jim, blwn281 - Gus, 550HP STSV - Jayson, Chuck & crew) come rolling in full speed. These guys all stay at the Drury inn...Yes we will end up back there Friday night to see the endless entertainment of burnouts. This will happen Saturday night too!

Saturday - Wide open all day for the CTS V group just like last year! Group pictures too.

** Same as every year - our company pays the tent, tables & chairs for Friday only. It costs me $100 to keep the stuff through Sunday. I will pay for this hoping we have a few guys to help me out with the cost...

** Last year we used the company barbecue...Not sure if I have access to it just yet. I'm working on it...Stay tuned.

** Last year - On Saturday the back lot filled up in the morning through 12 noon then it cleared out. That may happen again...It's a private lot that the owner leased out to a GM car group. That may happen again..I have no clue. Regardless we have plenty of room and all night!!!

rand49er
08-04-12, 05:49 PM
Friday night: :bonkers:

Have Saturday blocked off in Google Calendar so my wife has advance warning. Can't wait.

Jason, I'll help out with that tent.

GMBOUND
08-06-12, 10:50 PM
Will try to make it out. However I have a lot going on so it maybe just a short visit.

GizmoQ
08-07-12, 03:01 AM
Don't think I'm gonna make it this year. Too much stuff going on in Texas this year for me.

rand49er
08-07-12, 10:54 AM
Don't think I'm gonna make it this year. Too much stuff going on in Texas this year for me.Sorry to hear this.

Say, how's that beast of yours running?

Larimer
08-07-12, 12:13 PM
Sad that I have a wedding to go to that weekend. :(

barrok69
08-07-12, 02:48 PM
I may swing by. I have yet to meet anybody from here. Just got my V a few months ago.

Den_93
08-07-12, 02:57 PM
Welcome.

rand49er
08-07-12, 06:10 PM
I may swing by. I have yet to meet anybody from here. Just got my V a few months ago.Nice looking ride!

Welcome. Hope to see you at the Cruise.

You know, we're really a bunch of pretty nice fellas, if I do say so myself. :rolleyes:

GizmoQ
08-07-12, 10:37 PM
You know, we're really a bunch of pretty nice fellas, if I do say so myself. :rolleyes:

Uh Oh...:hide:

JD03Cobra
08-08-12, 02:35 PM
Don't think I'm gonna make it this year. Too much stuff going on in Texas this year for me.

Thats a bummer!

rand49er
08-09-12, 06:27 PM
No doubt a big guess, but weatherman has it being partly cloudy and 81 deg on the 18th.

Like he really knows at this point.

lollygagger8
08-10-12, 10:29 AM
I should be getting my pushrods tonight, so I'll be working hard to get the V ready (gotta get it tuned too) to come hang witchaz!

PISNUOFF
08-10-12, 01:16 PM
I'll send out your fuel rail spacers today. You should have them by Monday.

rand49er
08-11-12, 10:52 AM
No "I-gotta-break-it-in-before-I-can-come" lame-ass excuses this year, Shane. :thepan:

Motown Cad
08-12-12, 09:54 AM
I'll be there Sturday for sure. If i can move some work appt's up, i will be there Friday as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

cincyenginerd
08-12-12, 10:19 PM
I'll probably be making my way across the street to meet up with you all on Saturday.

Cabretti
08-13-12, 12:38 AM
Hi all.

I may stop in Friday Night. I will be at the Berkley car parade for a while then out for a cruise.

I'll let you know....we started the dream cruise. lol At least thats what we say. I've been cruising woodward since 1974. 2 years before I got a license we used to ride up on our bikes. I grew up in Berkley right behind Roseland Park Cemetery at 12 mile road. I live out near M.I.S. now.

I've seen babys born on Woodward and a dozen people dead on Woodward. My first job was at the car wash that used to be at the corner of coolidge and woodward. I've been arrested three times on woodward.

Got laid dozens of times just off woodward. Schwing!

I know a lot of the local older racers. Used to work for Dick Maskin at Dart Heads etc etc.

I just have a bone stock black 12 coupe.

Den_93
08-13-12, 11:49 AM
I heard Woodward was hopping yesterday. I will be there Fri/Sat. I plan on checking out the Dury Inn Friday night.

MescalVto
08-13-12, 03:43 PM
OK, I will be around . . . scheduled Friday off too :)
Count me in for Friday night festivities as well just let me kno where when the beers will be before the burnouts . . .
Any one going out Thurs. nite too?

My normal (Sat.) afternoon free food and drinking event seems to be off this year so I may be free to hang more with you guys and can help chip in for food or just go buy some stuff to grill and bring it.

Weather now says high of 70 on Sat . . . Brrrr but, hopefully dry at least.
- dry is good as I currently have a windshield wiper issue :( . . . that one where I have to pull the fuse to stop them from going all the time; waiting on a WW motor cover kit from GMparts direct . . .

lollygagger8
08-14-12, 09:38 AM
I'll send out your fuel rail spacers today. You should have them by Monday.

Got em boss....thank you so much. Installed and they are perfect!

No "I-gotta-break-it-in-before-I-can-come" lame-ass excuses this year, Shane. :thepan:

Easy killer lol.

My plan is to come up Saturday morning now. My buddy's bday is that day, and I have to take him so that his wife can setup the surprise bday party. What time does everyone start driving around whooping on cars up there?

JD03Cobra
08-14-12, 09:48 AM
I heard Woodward was hopping yesterday. I will be there Fri/Sat. I plan on checking out the Dury Inn Friday night.

I will be out there all afternoon Friday until late! I highly recommend the Drury Inn for some entertainment after hours. Watching the Security guard for the hotel doing burnouts in the parking lot is priceless.

rand49er
08-14-12, 07:04 PM
... What time does everyone start driving around whooping on cars up there?It's already started, just not quite as many guys out there as there will be Friday and especially Saturday.

I like to get on Woodward at 11 Mile Rd at about 9:30 am then drive up to Big Beaver (i.e. Sixteen Mile Rd) where we meet at JD03Cobra's office building. That drive can take 30-40 minutes at that time of day. At 3 pm, that same drive probably takes a couple of hours. Going south is even slower.

Where we are, the cars are going north and have a little more room and, with the cops preoccupied a couple of miles south of there, guys who get stopped at the traffic light right in front of us often light up their tires. It's a good time.

If you want to get in there and drive with all the cars, go right ahead. Just bear in mind that'll it take a couple of hours to get anywhere, but you will enjoy it.

Weather update: Suppose to be partly cloudy and cool (low 70s).

yooper
08-14-12, 10:49 PM
Is anyone going to be there Friday Night the 17th? I have a big bday party to attend on the 18th later in the day.....I could stay Friday night and hang Saturday maybe?

I have to meet Yooper for my rear strut bar too.

Sorry guys, can't make it this year. :duck::duck::duck:

Shane, check your side porch.:yup:

ronr
08-15-12, 09:27 AM
I do plan on getting out there but not sure exactly when. Have a birthday party on Saturday (my son at my house so I probably shouldn't skip!) Should be able to make it out Friday night so will hopefully see you then at a minimum.

Den_93
08-15-12, 10:46 AM
I'll be there tonight if anyone wants to meet up.

Bigron
08-15-12, 01:04 PM
Jason,
Any updates? Is there going to be a grill again? Bring your own meat or just chip in?
I plan on coming out and I think my buddy Bryan and his fam are coming (he has my old V)
Thanks for providing a spot.
-Ron

JD03Cobra
08-15-12, 05:46 PM
Jason,
Any updates? Is there going to be a grill again? Bring your own meat or just chip in?
I plan on coming out and I think my buddy Bryan and his fam are coming (he has my old V)
Thanks for providing a spot.
-Ron

Tent and chairs is Friday evening only! Cost was too much to keep it for Saturday. Weather looks good and cool so it should not be a problem.

For Saturday, bring chairs if you like. I will have the grill available for everyone but I didn't have time to buy up all this food. George (Torxila) asked if he could bring a bunch of brats. Your welcome to bring whatever food or drinks. As always, Relax and enjoy the location!!!

Jason

slothV
08-15-12, 06:05 PM
Hey guys. I will join again this year. Planning coming Saturday morning and staying until early afternoon. Maybe stop by on Friday, we'll see.

I will also be out tonight with a friend in a white SS convertible. :cool2:

nick

rand49er
08-15-12, 07:47 PM
... bring chairs if you like ... I wonder if the one I left out back four years ago is still there.

Hey guys. I will join again this year. Planning coming Saturday morning and staying until early afternoon. Maybe stop by on Friday, we'll see.

I will also be out tonight with a friend in a white SS convertible. :cool2:

nickHoly cow! Nick is still around! Good to hear from you, Nick.

lollygagger8
08-16-12, 09:50 AM
It's already started, just not quite as many guys out there as there will be Friday and especially Saturday.

I like to get on Woodward at 11 Mile Rd at about 9:30 am then drive up to Big Beaver (i.e. Sixteen Mile Rd) where we meet at JD03Cobra's office building. That drive can take 30-40 minutes at that time of day. At 3 pm, that same drive probably takes a couple of hours. Going south is even slower.

Where we are, the cars are going north and have a little more room and, with the cops preoccupied a couple of miles south of there, guys who get stopped at the traffic light right in front of us often light up their tires. It's a good time.

If you want to get in there and drive with all the cars, go right ahead. Just bear in mind that'll it take a couple of hours to get anywhere, but you will enjoy it.

Weather update: Suppose to be partly cloudy and cool (low 70s).

Can somebody post up Google Directions or Mapquest or whatever to the building you guys will be at? The last mapquest link didn't work for me for some reason.

Randy, I'll be up there around 9:30am too if you are going to be.

I got the V all buttoned up last night and ready for my tuner tonight. I even pulled the fuel pump and coils fuses and cranked it over.....no noises! Wooooooo!!!

rand49er
08-16-12, 11:25 AM
... I got the V all buttoned up last night and ready for my tuner tonight. I even pulled the fuel pump and coils fuses and cranked it over.....no noises! Wooooooo!!!Man, you're cutting it close. Glad to hear all's okay so far.

Shane, maybe Jason will chime in with actual address, but you can go to google maps and put in "big beaver rd & woodward ave" into the search-for spot. Zoom in as appropriate. We'll be sitting in front of the third building south of Big Beaver Rd and on the east side of Woodward Ave. On my search, it actually says, "Image Processing Design" on the building. To get there from the Drury Inn, you can turn left off Big Beaver Rd (just before you reach Woodward Ave) into the driveway that services the back parking areas OR you can turn right on Woodward (now going north), do a u-turn through the median (now going south), then do another u-turn through the median at the second u-turn (now going back north), then finally turn right into either driveway that borders the north or south sides of the building.

Hope that made sense.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en

JD03Cobra
08-16-12, 11:43 AM
Shane, maybe Jason will chime in with actual address,

36800 Woodward Avenue

JD03Cobra
08-16-12, 11:52 AM
I'll be there tonight if anyone wants to meet up.

What a mess last night...by 7:00 it was backed up north of Big Beaver. Tons of cars.

Ran into this on Old Woodward last night. Falcon F7

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120815_193120.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120815_193142.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120815_193149.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120815_193154.jpg

rand49er
08-16-12, 12:59 PM
Cool car. Don't know anything about them. What's with the manufacturer's plate?

JD03Cobra
08-16-12, 01:16 PM

Hand built in Holly Michigan!

http://www.falconf7.com/

JD03Cobra
08-16-12, 01:16 PM

Hand built in Holly Michigan!

http://www.falconf7.com/

lollygagger8
08-16-12, 01:51 PM
What City? Google pulls like 5 cities. Thanks guys.

Randy: every Google map thing you post just says my city for whatever reason. Booooo

acaringnihilist
08-16-12, 02:02 PM
They look cool in pictures but the build quality is not worth the price they're asking.

lollygagger8
08-16-12, 02:40 PM
Do I use Detroit as the city?

JD03Cobra
08-16-12, 02:42 PM
Do I use Detroit as the city?

bloomfield hills, 48304.

lollygagger8
08-16-12, 02:57 PM
bloomfield hills, 48304.

Thanks!

JimmyH
08-16-12, 03:35 PM
What a mess last night...by 7:00 it was backed up north of Big Beaver. Tons of cars.

Ran into this on Old Woodward last night. Falcon F7

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120815_193120.jpg

Doesn't have enough scoops.

rand49er
08-16-12, 05:12 PM
... Randy: every Google map thing you post just says my city for whatever reason. Booooo:helpless:

Shane, did you get that beast tuned yet or is that happening tonight?

lollygagger8
08-17-12, 09:38 AM
:helpless:

Shane, did you get that beast tuned yet or is that happening tonight?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/267562-heads-cam-startup.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwYtr5GKBvk

BAM!

Den_93
08-17-12, 10:38 AM
I can't wait to see it!

rand49er
08-17-12, 10:40 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/267562-heads-cam-startup.html

BAM!Fantastic! Sounds mean, too! You'll fit right in at the Cruise with Den_93 and his cutouts.

lollygagger8
08-17-12, 10:48 AM
I love that it has a slight rumble, and isn't overbearing. It's not like it's a donkeyd*ck cam though.

I'm going to put the taller valve cover gaskets in tonight because I'm pretty sure my back passenger side Yella Terra rocker is tapping the valve cover. The Fast 102 intake really accentuates the ticking sound which is what I was trying to avoid, but once you close the hood it's not that bad....I guess.

You guys better pray for me and my V that it makes it ok up there and back! lol

JD03Cobra
08-17-12, 01:03 PM
Outstanding! Looking forward to this.

BAM!

rand49er
08-17-12, 01:10 PM
Shane, did you get a dyno run? Got numbers?

lollygagger8
08-17-12, 04:52 PM
Shane, did you get a dyno run? Got numbers?

Street tune for now. Dyno prob by the end of the month if not next month.

Check your PM Boss.

PISNUOFF
08-17-12, 05:12 PM
Fantastic! Sounds mean, too! You'll fit right in at the Cruise with Den_93 and his cutouts.

I have cutouts too.

lollygagger8
08-17-12, 06:24 PM
Brian, are you coming up boss?

PISNUOFF
08-17-12, 06:44 PM
On my way. On 280 in Toledo right now.

rand49er
08-17-12, 09:30 PM
I wanna see Drury Inn vids.

Say, anybody hear from Nutz and the Cleveland crowd?

PISNUOFF
08-17-12, 09:32 PM
I just passed the spot in Woodward. I'm pretty sure I saw him sitting there. I did a smooth smokey (oily smoke lol) burnout for them.

lollygagger8
08-17-12, 11:39 PM
See you mofos tomorrow morning!! (I'll be there about 9:30 am)

rand49er
08-18-12, 08:00 PM
Okay. Lost count, really, but we had somewhere around a dozen maybe more guys show up including guys from Indiana, Maryland, Ohio, and Georgia in addition to the local crowd. Weather was the best ever for the Cruise ... about 75 deg, light wind, mostly sunny. Now for some pics ...

Here's a view of where we were seated and many of the cars.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0472.jpg

Looking in the opposite direction, this is the tent JD03Cobra rented complete with tables and chairs.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0487.jpg

Not everyone was seated yet (too much checking out each other's cars) when Bigron was adjusting the V banner while Torxilla and his wife, Gloria, supervised.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0486.jpg

JD03Cobra and VDzane (I think that's his handle) chew the fat.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0484.jpg

PISNUOFF and his wife talking to Nutz as to why he's not drifting in the parking lot like last year.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0490-1.jpg

rand49er
08-18-12, 08:03 PM
PISNUOFF's car:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0474.jpg

SlothV's car:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0475.jpg

Bigron's car:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0476.jpg

Den_93's car with Den_93 himself:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0477.jpg

rand49er
08-18-12, 08:14 PM
Lollygagger8's car:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0478.jpg

Torxilla's car:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0479.jpg

JD03Cobra's car:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0480.jpg

V Dzane's car:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0492.jpg

Rand49er's car:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0500.jpg

Missing are barrok69's car, MescalVto's car, Motown cad's car, Marcel's car (drove up from Atlanta and stumbled onto us), and probably a couple others I can't recall at the moment.

Great time with lots of over-the-top cars on Woodward, the best weather you could expect, and outstanding caddy forum members to hang with.

Now, I can't wait for next year.

piening2150
08-18-12, 10:35 PM
The spot was great! Sadly, we weren't able to stay long so I really didn't get to introduce myself to anyone but Jason. We got up there much later than expected and had a party to go to later so we were in and out quickly to have some time to cruise. Hopefully some of you saw my teenage antics when I made a U-turn in front of the spot, LOL. Everyone's cars looked great, I have a lot of work to do on mine to prepare for next year. Looking forward to Woodward 2013!

Bigron
08-19-12, 11:00 AM
Great times, thanks for hosting Jason.
Got a little loose pulling out. I did not contemplate the Dodge washing his car next to the exit and the wet tires on my departure. Just glad I saved it before finding the curb.

JimmyH
08-19-12, 01:34 PM
awesome.

sigh. maybe next year.

PISNUOFF
08-19-12, 02:44 PM
Got a little loose pulling out. I did not contemplate the Dodge washing his car next to the exit and the wet tires on my departure. Just glad I saved it before finding the curb.

I think my heart skipped a beat.

rand49er
08-19-12, 04:56 PM
Got a little loose pulling out. I did not contemplate the Dodge washing his car next to the exit and the wet tires on my departure. Just glad I saved it before finding the curb.I always miss the good stuff.

GizmoQ
08-19-12, 07:52 PM
Glad you guys had fun. Maybe next year for me.

Nutz
08-19-12, 08:57 PM
As always, a hoooge thanks to JD03Cobra (and Yella Z06 Steve too) for sticking his neck out for each and everyone! I spent alot of time (for obvious reasons) at your tent and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was a great turnout of both gen V's and all of my friends agreed that the V owners represented the machine and passion to the fullest. I also saw that hard Den launch and thought "thank goodness for the yaw control", good driving too by all. Hearing Pisnuoff's car in person gets better every year. Don't know who had the white diamond sedan but the rear coupe wheels (I think) but it looked good. The Drury Inn cracked down this year on smoke shows but many still ignored it on Saturday (see youtube, query recent) and wasted tires, next year might not happen there. Torxilla's car is darn cool too. Good to see you again Rand49er! Hopefully my bad year will be a memory when I see youz again (with ma V fosho). Another great Woodward Dream Cruise Cadillac gathering in the books thanks to all of you.

Power went off while hovering over "Post reply", Auto Save just saved me!!

HSVCRUISER
08-20-12, 06:46 AM
All,

Our local GTO/G8 car club had the pleasure of attending our first Woodward Dream Cruise. We actually cruised through your area there real quick followed by a cammed QSM '06 GTO. Received a few waves which is always great! I wanted to park and check out your amazing machines, but we never did. Here are some shots I took of CMNTMXR57's V.

Cheers,
Louie

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0256.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0595.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0597.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0600.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0601.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0610.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0617.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0616.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0609.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0608.jpg

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/267822-chicago-based-sts-v-hits-2012-a.html#post3062417

HSVCRUISER
08-20-12, 06:52 AM
Here are some randoms throughout the day:

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0187.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0188.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0203.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0252.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0321.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0291.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0293.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0305.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0324.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/GOATCRUISER21/Woodward/DSC_0538.jpg

I apologize that some were set too dark. Here are all 510 pictures I took:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448738

lollygagger8
08-20-12, 09:45 AM
Man what a STELLAR time.

We didn't stay near as long as I wouldv'e liked, but like I told Randy, I'm so sorry for missing this thing the last few years! I think my neck is still sore from snapping back and forth checking out all the badass rides all over. Got to race a few times even (mowed a Calloway SSR, and was right with a done up Grand National) and cops were even cool. What an event.

It was great meeting everyone!!! Rander, Pisinuoff, JD03, Nutz, Den93, BigRon, that guy from Georgia (lol), and everyone else. All the V's were badass, and everyone was great to sit with and shoot the $hit. GREAT TIME.

I must say Randy, you are one cool customer. Who else would throw a guy the keys to his s/c V and be comfortable with me driving it. Thank you so much! Now I'm looking at twin disc clutches though dang it lol. Thanks Jason for the Killer spot too!!!!

Post some videos on here you guys of when V's were leaving since everyone was egging on to get on it lol.

I'll post some random cool car pics that I took when I upload em.

rand49er
08-20-12, 10:11 AM
... I must say Randy, you are one cool customer. Who else would throw a guy the keys to his s/c V and be comfortable with me driving it. Thank you so much! Now I'm looking at twin disc clutches though dang it lol. ...Great meeting you, Shane, and your buddy, Jeff. Hey, you were a LOT easier on my car than Jason was when I did that to him last year. Ha ha! You know you need FI now, too.

Jason's place is the best place to hang out, too. Kudos to Jason for inviting us all over there!

Den_93
08-20-12, 10:17 AM
It was nice meeting everyone and their V's and a big thanks for Jason for setting it up!

acaringnihilist
08-20-12, 10:44 AM
I saw you guys but I never ended up stopping by. Perhaps next year!

rand49er
08-20-12, 10:52 AM
I saw you guys but I never ended up stopping by. Perhaps next year!:thepan:

soulja
08-20-12, 11:06 AM
Man, I wish I could have made it. My V is still pretty much done, but just need a tune for the Maggie. I have bricked two PCM's already.

Randy,

Where were your Linea's?

lollygagger8
08-20-12, 11:18 AM
Man, I wish I could have made it. My V is still pretty much done, but just need a tune for the Maggie. I have bricked two PCM's already.

Randy,

Where were your Linea's?

He was trying to burn the old tires off lol. :lildevil:

rand49er
08-20-12, 11:19 AM

Randy,

Where were your Linea's?I knew I'd want to spin the rears a couple of times (at least) and didn't want my new Super Sports to be victimized, so I left my stockers on with the nasty ol' GSD3s.

Sorry you weren't there. Watch for a thread regarding a get together with a bunch of Corvette guys in late October/early November. Torxilla (George) will put out a thread on it. Last year, we met up at a high school parking lot somewhere between Willis and Milan and all drove to Saline, had lunch, then drove to Dexter to the cider mill. Absolutely a hoot screaming down the back country roads with all the locals watching this big stream of fast cars going by. Don't miss it since it's down your way.

soulja
08-20-12, 11:32 AM
I knew I'd want to spin the rears a couple of times (at least) and didn't want my new Super Sports to be victimized, so I left my stockers on with the nasty ol' GSD3s.

Sorry you weren't there. Watch for a thread regarding a get together with a bunch of Corvette guys in late October/early November. Torxilla (George) will put out a thread on it. Last year, we met up at a high school parking lot somewhere between Willis and Milan and all drove to Saline, had lunch, then drove to Dexter to the cider mill. Absolutely a hoot screaming down the back country roads with all the locals watching this big stream of fast cars going by. Don't miss it since it's down your way.

I will definitely not miss that!

lollygagger8
08-20-12, 12:00 PM
Here's about 1/4 of the pics I took at random times throughout the day. SO much to look at and gawk over!

Still have no idea what this was.....
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/1.jpg

The pic doesn't do this paint job justice....
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/5.jpg

PANTERA!!
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/3.jpg

Random Street pic:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/2.jpg

Probably never see this again....ever.....
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/4.jpg

Carbon Fiber Brakes too....sexy....
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/6.jpg

GT 40 (real deal)
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/7.jpg

Coupe......
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/8.jpg

Cobras left and right...
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/9.jpg

JD03's buddy with a Vortech...
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/11.jpg

Badass.....
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/12.jpg

What the F................
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/13.jpg

Plenty of HP here........
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Woodward%20Dream%20Cruise/10.jpg

JD03Cobra
08-20-12, 12:26 PM
Thanks guys! Had a fantastic time seeing everyone and meeting some new faces. Great to see Jim (aka NUTZ) in good spirits and looking good and of course the whole Cleveland crew. Thanks to George (aka Torxilla) and Joel for letting me drive their modified V2's. Amazing cars. Randy, Big Ron, Dennis & Shane, always a pleasure!!! Plan on next year, Woodward 2013!!!

Few more pics.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120818_145826.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120818_145811.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120818_145753.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120818_145740.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120818_123103.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120818_123027.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120818_145833.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120818_161929.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120817_200239.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120818_171435.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120818_150739.jpg

JD03Cobra
08-20-12, 12:27 PM
And to top off my whole weekend this showed up at my house (not mine)...700HP and I was hammering down! What a car.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/JD03Cobra/20120819_161801.jpg

lollygagger8
08-20-12, 01:03 PM
^Jizz in my pants^

lollygagger8
08-20-12, 01:04 PM
^Jizz in my pants^

If you or Randy have video of people leaving...post that $hit!!

JimmyH
08-20-12, 02:41 PM
Absolutely a hoot screaming down the back country roads with all the locals watching this big stream of fast cars going by. Don't miss it since it's down your way.

We did that here once. Thankfully the guy in the Ferrari is the one the police went after. The only time in my life I burned 3/4 tank in less than an hour.

JD03Cobra
08-20-12, 04:52 PM
If you or Randy have video of people leaving...post that $hit!!

Shane in Action!

http://youtu.be/WpJwBQ-voOs

JimmyH
08-20-12, 05:25 PM
shane you a madmen

HSVCRUISER
08-20-12, 06:28 PM
Shane in Action!

http://youtu.be/WpJwBQ-voOs

Outstanding!

rand49er
08-20-12, 09:38 PM
shane you a madmenIf he is, we're all guilty. :cool:

PISNUOFF
08-20-12, 09:59 PM
If he is, we're all guilty. :cool:

Some of us multiple times. Lol

JimmyH
08-20-12, 10:00 PM
I swear one of these days I am going to make it to woodward.

HSVCRUISER
08-21-12, 11:48 AM
You can caravan with us if you go next year, JimmyH. We are also in the NW 'burbs.

lollygagger8
08-22-12, 02:58 PM
Jimmy you HAVE to make it out. It was soooooooo badass!

And yes....ev eryone got heckled into wearing down some tires :lildevil:

JimmyH
08-22-12, 05:52 PM
Maybe next year. With the AS tires I have right now on the Camaro, I could make some serious smoke :D
I ain't doin a burnout on $600 worth of Pirellis though.

Bigron
08-22-12, 06:54 PM
Maybe next year. With the AS tires I have right now on the Camaro, I could make some serious smoke :D
I ain't doin a burnout on $600 worth of Pirellis though.

$600 each or $600 for a set? I was melting the PS2's at $500 a piece.
Granted these probably won't make it to 15k. Petrol and rubber are great substances to abuse.

JimmyH
08-22-12, 06:56 PM
The rear Pzero for the Camaro are about $300 each. I think I only have about 4000 miles on them though. I have been too lazy to put them back on.

rand49er
08-22-12, 08:38 PM
I love to hate these GSD3s I've got. Don't care how much of them I leave on the pavement. :D

lollygagger8
08-23-12, 11:53 AM
I don't care if your tires are $50000000, you are burning rubber when you leave! :lildevil:

barrok69
08-23-12, 12:25 PM
Was great meeting all you guys out there ! Props to Jason for having a killer setup for everybody.

GizmoQ
08-23-12, 10:07 PM
I don't care if your tires are $50000000, you are burning rubber when you leave! :lildevil:

EXCEPTION: Anyone who has to drive more than 500 miles to get home. :want:

PISNUOFF
08-23-12, 10:23 PM
I broke an axle last year on Friday night. Still boiled tire on Saturday with a replacement one. I only live 250 miles away though.

lollygagger8
08-24-12, 11:30 AM

I live 200 miles away and I still did it. Plus I had my engine together for all of two days prior. No free passes from me! :lildevil:

GMBOUND
08-24-12, 05:51 PM
I just seen randy on 9 mile. Not in my V but was on side of the road on the phone.

rand49er
08-25-12, 11:41 AM
I just seen randy on 9 mile. Not in my V but was on side of the road on the phone.Coming back from Costco, no doubt.

Say, Phil, you missed a great time at the Dream Cruise. Tell you what, though, watch for a thread by George (Torxilla) about a get together with a bunch of Corvette guys. His thread will probably start in late September or early October. Last year, I met liquidVenom and some other guys. We caravan to a restaurant (last year was one in Saline) then end somewhere later in the afternoon (last year was the Dexter cider mill). Wives and family friendly, too.

liqidvenom
08-25-12, 06:01 PM
looks like you guys had a fun time.

JD03Cobra
08-26-12, 01:08 PM

Next year Giz! Plan for it!!!

yooper
08-27-12, 10:44 PM

Holy Crap! 578 miles from the west end of the Upper Peninsula to Bloomfield Hills, and that's not leaving the state of Michigan.:bonkers:

JD03Cobra
08-28-12, 05:41 PM
Holy Crap! 578 miles from the west end of the Upper Peninsula to Bloomfield Hills, and that's not leaving the state of Michigan.:bonkers:

I use to drive that far to snowmobile up there!!! The Dream Cruise is definitely worth the drive down...promise!

yooper
08-29-12, 01:03 AM
I use to drive that far to snowmobile up there!!! The Dream Cruise is definitely worth the drive down...promise!

Was on my way down this year but my V had other plans. It went straight south to road america, unfortunately the track was rented for the weekend by some organization calling themselves ALMS. Checking out the race cars was cool, but I prefer to be on the track over watching someone else have fun.

See you next year!!!!