: Rear Shock Clunk

FuzzyLogic
07-18-12, 06:22 AM
I think a bushing or a shock may be going on the passenger rear side of my car. When I hit bumps on that side, I get a sharp "whack" sound instead of a dull thump.

Any idea what that might be? I've checked the torque on every bolt I can find on and around the shock.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-19-12, 06:01 PM
Hi FuzzyLogic,

It sounds like you're interested in getting some DIY advice from other owners, but I just wanted to let you know I'm available to help if you decide to try the dealership route at any point. Contact me anytime via direct message!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

SC2150
07-19-12, 06:07 PM
Look at the lower control arm bushings as well. That could cause the same noise, but it sounds like your on the right track. If it is a bushing it will be visable. Is it just when you hit a bump or is it with the up and down travel?

FuzzyLogic
07-19-12, 06:13 PM
Hi FuzzyLogic,

It sounds like you're interested in getting some DIY advice from other owners, but I just wanted to let you know I'm available to help if you decide to try the dealership route at any point. Contact me anytime via direct message!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Go away.

Cadillac customer service trends toward miserable and you spamming this forum isn't helping that reputation. Even if Cadillac dealerships were staffed with knowledgeable people, the only thing that one could do is restore my car to its original design condition (read: mushy and hard to drive), which is why I spent the time and money installing the Ground Control kit in the first place.

Look at the lower control arm bushings as well. That could cause the same noise, but it sounds like your on the right track. If it is a bushing it will be visable. Is it just when you hit a bump or is it with the up and down travel?

I'll take a look at it again when I'm back in there tomorrow. I'm going to swap the left and right shocks and see if that helps me narrow down the problem.