: Wanted a V for years. Finally found a deal I just couldn't pass up!

OmegaSupreme
07-17-12, 11:51 PM
All,
I've been viewing these forums for years while in my search of my V. I need to thank you for your great input and for the vast expertise I've come to count on from cadillacforums.com.

I'm happy to say that I recently registered with cadillacforums because... it's official: I finally own a V!!! (Insert cheers and applause here). I thought I'd quickly tell you all about my find!

2004 Platinum with ebony, 60K miles, clean title, new tires, fantastic condition (except for the oil pressure sensor, which I just finished replacing) for $13.8K! I used to look at autotrader.com, the classifieds here, and local listings daily for the V that would be mine. I was planning on crossing the country if I found the right V. I was hoping for a 2006-2007 due to the slightly wider power band of the 6.0. However, one night, when searching a local classified web page, I saw the add for the this V, and it was local!
It was one of those deals that seemed too good to be true: a 2004 with half the average mileage for its age for only $13.8! Long story made less long: She's now sitting in my garage (picked her up a few days ago) and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Although, a few people out there are pretty upset: there were several buyers in line after me, one of them even flew in from Florida (I think) in the off-chance that I didn't buy it!
I drove many V's when I was in the search for the one I wanted over the years, and I can honestly say that I think I got the best one of all those that I test drove. It just felt so "together" and solid. I need to mention the dealer because they were so good to work with, and because they sold me the car for wholesale: Harmon's Cadillac in Provo, UT. They really were great to work with. Thanks to those guys! (And no, I'm not on their payroll!)

I can't tell you how excited I am to be a V owner! A member of the club! ;-)

I really do think the V is the best all-around, and most under-rated, car out there - the ultimate sleeper. And this is coming from a guy that's owned and/or extensively driven many fast and flashy cars (STIs, Evos, WRXs, etc. - I know the V is in it's own league from these, but still...).

Thanks again to all you out there for your good advice and helpful comments!

thebigjimsho
07-18-12, 07:20 AM
Broad power band? Meh.

Be grateful you have the peakier and much rarer LS6! It is the better engine and it sounds like you got a deal.

Congrats and welcome...

Faber
07-18-12, 08:25 AM
welcome

OmegaSupreme
07-18-12, 08:35 AM
The LS6 is more rare? I'm new enough to them to not know that. Is that only because they only used them in 2004-2005 of, or is there something else I'm not aware of there? I really am very pleased with my purchase.
Any chance you can talk to why you say it's the better engine?

acaringnihilist
07-18-12, 08:35 AM
Congrats!

I'm just about to put my 2007 raven V up for sale, but glad you found what you wanted!

OmegaSupreme
07-18-12, 08:36 AM
welcome

Thanks!

HAMSTAR
07-18-12, 10:22 AM
The LS6 is more rare? I'm new enough to them to not know that. Is that only because they only used them in 2004-2005 of, or is there something else I'm not aware of there? I really am very pleased with my purchase.
Any chance you can talk to why you say it's the better engine?

LS6 owners are just buttsore and constantly talk up their enginesand talk down the LS2. Notice LS2 owners never say shit, cause if you have a big dick, it tends to print on your pants. :stirpot:

NCOGNITO
07-18-12, 03:11 PM
Congrats on your fantastic deal! Count me in as insanely jealous considering what you paid for it :-)

I'm still in the market for Lt. Platinum w/ Ebony and under 60K miles myself, I've seen a few and made two trips to purchase (so far), but none that were "worth" the top-dollar the seller was asking for them. Nearly bought a 2004 40K single owner last week, but it had some moderate paintwork done and the Cadillac dealer sprayed some rubberized undercoating EVERYWHERE under the car and made a gigantic mess that covered up any hint of rust that may or may not have existed.

Glad to see I'm not the only crazy one waiting for the "right one" before pulling the trigger. CONGRATS!

Scott2012
07-18-12, 08:13 PM
I just purchased mine today. You definitely have me beat on the price. But either way, cheers! Two new V owners are here. rock on!!

sgtdestruction
07-18-12, 11:13 PM
Congrats on the purchase.

OmegaSupreme
07-18-12, 11:18 PM
LS6 owners are just buttsore and constantly talk up their enginesand talk down the LS2. Notice LS2 owners never say shit, cause if you have a big dick, it tends to print on your pants. :stirpot:

lol!

Congrats on your fantastic deal! Count me in as insanely jealous considering what you paid for it :-)

I'm still in the market for Lt. Platinum w/ Ebony and under 60K miles myself, I've seen a few and made two trips to purchase (so far), but none that were "worth" the top-dollar the seller was asking for them. Nearly bought a 2004 40K single owner last week, but it had some moderate paintwork done and the Cadillac dealer sprayed some rubberized undercoating EVERYWHERE under the car and made a gigantic mess that covered up any hint of rust that may or may not have existed.

Glad to see I'm not the only crazy one waiting for the "right one" before pulling the trigger. CONGRATS!

Yeah, it tooks years, but I'm glad I purchased this V. ...although my check engine light just came on during the commute home! Yay! 3 days and it's giving me crap! ;-)

OmegaSupreme
07-18-12, 11:19 PM
I just purchased mine today. You definitely have me beat on the price. But either way, cheers! Two new V owners are here. rock on!!

Sweet! Congrats on the purchase!

FIVEOH!!!
07-19-12, 12:27 AM
NCOGNITO .... Email me at josechin01@yahoo.com so we can discuss your search of a Light Platinum CTS-V. I might put mine up for sale and it's a 2004 w/ 48k miles on it.

FIVEOH!!!
07-19-12, 12:39 AM
NCOGNITO .... Email me at josechin01@yahoo.com so we can discuss your search of a Light Platinum CTS-V. I might put mine up for sale and it's a 2004 w/ 48k miles on it.

thebigjimsho
07-19-12, 12:45 AM
LS2 = truck motor

odthetruth
07-19-12, 03:02 AM
All I have to say is...
Congrats. Pricing is great for mileage. Welcome to the forums. Keep an eye out for sarcasm and inside jokes. LS2 > LS6. The end.

thebigjimsho
07-19-12, 01:40 PM
LSA. Suck it.

etcts-v
07-19-12, 03:48 PM

I believe the Big Jim Show has a 2009 gen 2 V, not so sure he's "buttsore" over your LS2...

Anyways, Congrats on the purchase you'll love the car! I also bought mine in Utah at an Acura Dealership in Salt Lake City, got a steal of a deal at the time!

OmegaSupreme
07-19-12, 09:10 PM
LSA. Suck it.

Lols!!

Keep an eye out for sarcasm and inside jokes.

Yeah, I'm starting to pick up on that! ;-)

rand49er
07-20-12, 06:27 AM
... Yeah, I'm starting to pick up on that! ;-)It's all good. :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
07-20-12, 11:28 PM
I love you guys.

JimmyH
07-20-12, 11:32 PM
I was wondering why my butt was hurting this morning.

thebigjimsho
07-21-12, 12:24 AM
wut.

kciaccio
07-21-12, 06:15 PM
Broad power band? Meh.

Be grateful you have the peakier and much rarer LS6! It is the better engine and it sounds like you got a deal.

Congrats and welcome...

Model Year Total U.S sales
2004 2,461
2005[23] 3,508
2006 3,052
2007[24] 1,176

Not sure where you base your information from.

thebigjimsho
07-21-12, 06:28 PM
Model Year Total U.S sales
2004 2,461
2005[23] 3,508
2006 3,052
2007[24] 1,176

Not sure where you base your information from.Hey dum dum, did I say V? No, I said engine. Why not check the total production of Z06s and '04/'05 Vs and compare them to the whore that was the LS2 and all the vehicles they mated with...

JimmyH
07-21-12, 06:29 PM
Hey dum dum get ur azz to the bar.

thebigjimsho
07-21-12, 06:31 PM
Stop stalking me!

thebigjimsho
07-21-12, 06:32 PM
And as for the LS6 and LS2, the LS6 was the last in a storied line of 5.7L LS motors. The LS6 was the pinnacle of engineering and was pretty exotic. The LS2 is a great engine, there's just nothing special.

JimmyH
07-21-12, 09:51 PM
There's something special about you big daddy.

thebigjimsho
07-21-12, 09:52 PM
Shut off the spicket.