Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Oil Changes

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ctsfan2009 
#1 ·
In April I bought a new 2011 Performance sedan since GM was offering $ 7000 over and above the GM employee discount. I was surprised there were new 2011's still on the lots but I found exactly what I wanted. Since then I have had it to the dealer for my power steering shudder and they decided to do the free oil and filter change even though they didn't fix the P/S issue. Then when I had the remote start function programmed, I got another oil and filter change. I'm not really complaining, but 2 oil changes in 3500 mile sounds like a way to rack up some charges to GM. At this rate, maybe I'll just complain about something every week :)

#4 ·
Oil change cost them a few bucks in materials. They probably did it because they know a customer will be happy if he gets something he perceives as free. Some will wash you car, others might fill up your tank but its done to placate the customer, give him something for nothing and he will keep coming back and be less likely to complain.

#7 ·
Hi next2pool,

If you'd like me to set up a service request (case) for you in order to investigate your power steering concern further and contact your dealership, I'm always available via direct message! (I'm also happy to contact your dealer to ask about the numerous oil changes, if you like.)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

#8 ·
Is yours RWD or AWD? Good luck on getting that shudder fixed. My AWD '09 had what I would call a shudder when making sharp, low speed turns like in a parking lot and I had it in 5 times to no avail. First couple of visits got me a "operating as normal" response and then when I kept taking it in, they started replacing parts. Steering gear, both front control arms, rear diff clutch plates rebuilt, and problem still persisted. I was scheduled to have it in a 6th time 2 weeks ago, but the Saturday before I traded it on a '12 Dodge Charger R/T and haven't looked back. I sincerely hope you get yours fixed as the CTSs are great cars(although I think I like the Charger better now), it's just too bad that some dealers seem to have no clue how to fix them. BTW, I did get mine washed every time it was in for service. Same thing when I had my Infiniti as well. Considering how much CTS oil changes cost, I'd time your service visits with your oil change intervals!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.