: Painting rubber mats

pdot1337
07-17-12, 11:04 AM
Hey guys. First post ever! I'm coming to some of the more experienced guys on the forum with hopes of answering a few pretty, I would assume, basic questions.

First, I have a 2002 DHS which I got about a year ago. Finally I'm getting around to putting some dough into it. As an fyi too, I've looked into solutions for the questions I have below but I just want advice from people that are experienced. You know how the whole advertising a product thing goes :rolleyes:

I'm having 4 12"s dropped in the trunk as we speak and they're sitting on top of a rubber Cadillac mat. The mat itself is all black and right in the center it says Cadillac. I want to accent the letters with white paint. What should I be using to do that? Primer with a white gloss paint on top? Sharpie paint pen?

Also, there are a couple dings and a few scratches in the clear coat. Nothing too crazy but enough to where I would like to take the time to fix them. What do you guys recommend for fixing dings that are deeper than clear coat? What about clear coat scratches?

tl;dr
1. What do you use to paint rubber?
2. What do you use to fix dings under the clear coat?
3. What do you use to fix clear coat scratches?