: Thinking of changing my CTS for a 09 STS

btx5mg
07-17-12, 05:18 AM
Hi Guys

I have had my 07 3.6 UK spec CTS for 18 months now love it and was not thinking of Trading. But the other day a saw another Caddy dealer in the UK we only have about 2 or 3. This one is quite near me.

I checked out there site they had a VERY LOW MILE ONLY 9000 MILES UK RHD SPEC STS FULLY LOADED it looks very good in black on 18" rims whats not to like.. So i have started to checking out the STS on youtube thats alot of car

My CTS only has 18000 miles on it so that also is like new, most UK spec Cadillacs seem to be very low mile cars, so i am now thinking about the STS all the time.

This is the link to the car. http://www.phoenixvauxhall.co.uk/used-cars/CADILLAC/STS/3.6%20SPORT%20LUXURY%20V6/BX09TNO

Ludacrisvp
07-17-12, 08:03 AM
Looks nice. I think it has adaptive cruise control and therefore also has a HUD. I see that it also has the V series brembo brakes and 6 lug wheels. Looks like a good deal, would be better if it had the northstar v8 though.

btx5mg
07-17-12, 10:05 AM
Yes it looks good fantastic looking car, we do not get the V8 in the UK, the V6 will do for me, over here the V6 DI is 311 bhp which is plenty and 50 more then my 260 bhp CTS. and that can move, I think the bhp is slightly up due to the fuel is 96 to 98 ron, in the UK.. but on the down side its about $10 a gallon. at 15 grand thats alot of car for the dosh. But trying to sell my 07 CTS would be hard, i will see what they offer as a part ex.

malatu
07-18-12, 01:07 AM
Looks like a good deal, would be better if it had the northstar v8 though.

Yes, when you get the v8 your penis immediately grows an inch and a half! I wish I had a v8!

Ludacrisvp
07-18-12, 02:05 AM
Yes, when you get the v8 your penis immediately grows an inch and a half! I wish I had a v8!

I say this because of all the known issues with timing chains and more excessive oil consumption on the V6 engine

EChas3
07-19-12, 08:52 PM
Plus a lot more torque.

scott9001
07-19-12, 10:11 PM
i should bring one of these uk versions back to canada just so i can drive on the right side and act like a mini cooper

malatu
07-20-12, 11:17 AM
Plus a lot more torque.

That assumes everyone places great value on "more torque".

Ludacrisvp
07-20-12, 12:05 PM
Well to be fair more torque is what gets this heavy car moving more quickly.
This is what I've been taught regarding the subject:
Torque gets you going
HP keeps you going

malatu
07-20-12, 02:51 PM
Fair? What does that have to do with anything? I'm not arguing facts about torque. Let's not confuse facts about the car with what an individual may or may not value about the car. In this case, v8 vs v6. Most of us see the world through our own values. I know it might be hard for some of the hard core v8 guys to imagine that someone might value nav or 22" wheels or the color of the exterior more than the torque offered by the v8. I suggest there are drivers of the northstar that don't even know what torque is, let alone take advantage of it. The point I'm making is that the earlier post that commented that the car would be a better car if it was a Northstar, was based on one person's values and was an opinion, not a fact.

Cheers :cheers:

Ludacrisvp
07-20-12, 03:27 PM
Fair? What does that have to do with anything? I'm not arguing facts about torque.It was more of just a saying / phrase than it was regarding fairness.

EChas3
07-20-12, 09:35 PM
Horsepower is just an advertising gimmick for a street car. Drivers feel torque. Most forum members understand that.

It's hard to recommend the early GM 3.6 V6, especially in the STS. They did eventually resolve the timing chain issues but oil consumption, etc. just aren't worth it. It might be adequate in a grocery-getter but the STS can be a great luxury sport sedan.

My wife wouldn't buy a V6. I agree.

Sometimes opinions vary; not this time.

malatu
07-21-12, 08:59 AM
Horsepower is just an advertising gimmick for a street car. Drivers feel torque. Most forum members understand that.

It's hard to recommend the early GM 3.6 V6, especially in the STS. They did eventually resolve the timing chain issues but oil consumption, etc. just aren't worth it. It might be adequate in a grocery-getter but the STS can be a great luxury sport sedan.

My wife wouldn't buy a V6. I agree.

Sometimes opinions vary; not this time.

I respect your opinion.