: Options for Daytime Running Lights 5201 Bulb/LED/HID

Royalton
07-16-12, 08:21 PM
Hey guys running into an issue here. I upgraded my headlights to 6000k, and my fog lights to 55watt 6000k HID. I am trying to find what to do with my DRL's:
Options:
Our DRL's are 5201 but will also fit 5202, 5200, 9009, & H16

Best options so far are these: They fit but they are 5000k and only 7.5 watt LED so they are not as bright as the stock bulb. They were recommended by Vled
http://www.v-leds.com/5K-WHITE-75W-LED-DRLFOG-p9678628-1-2.html

I wish I could go with these: they are 13.5 watt so about the same brightness as stock but they are too long to fit:
http://www.v-leds.com/6K-WHITE-28-LED-13W-DRLFOG-p8701564-1-2.html

Also any LED bulbs added as DRL's will need load resisters to fool the computer.

I know a few of you guys went with HID's but i think that's too risky and too bright to run for DRL's

So what are the best options? go with a not as bright led light, or find a filiment bulb with a cooler k.? or keep looking for a better LED, although VLED should have the brightest i thought. 5201/5202 is a pretty hard bulb to find it seams.

Thanks for any help or advice

MrHolland
07-16-12, 08:34 PM
You might find some answers in this thread. Not sure if the info you're looking for is in there, but there is a wealth of knowledge!!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/187854-led-conversion-links-pics.html

ESCALADE132
07-16-12, 11:32 PM
V-LEDs custom fit the 13.5 watt bulbs to fit my Escalade. Contact James he's the one that di it for me an at no additional cost!

ELUSIVE
07-19-12, 11:43 AM
I'm not quite sure why, but I have the 5202_28_W_6K in my 2010 Escalade ESV and they fit.
I'd suggest contacting V-LEDs and finding out for sure. I like them a lot.

hcvone
07-19-12, 01:48 PM
I'm not quite sure why, but I have the 5202_28_W_6K in my 2010 Escalade ESV and they fit.
I'd suggest contacting V-LEDs and finding out for sure. I like them a lot.

Pretty sure I had these same bulbs in my 2010 and they fit

ELUSIVE
07-19-12, 03:02 PM
I even went back and looked at my invoice to double check that this is the part that I have and it is.

This is what it says on the V-LEDS site for this item:
If you have an 07-Up Cadillac Escalade, ESV, or EXT this bulb will not fit. Please use the following product link for your application:

Not sure what's going on.
Also noticed that the review on V-LEDS that I left for this bulb is no longer there either.

CamCo94
07-19-12, 07:43 PM
from my experience i would NOT buy the 7.5 watt ones from VLEDs because i've gone through two sets that are very temperamental, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont, i want to buy the seconds ones you listed to see how those ones work instead, im in the process of getting my money back from them for the second set although people say they do and dont fit, i think they will because with the ones i have right now it looks like theres plenty of space for the larger 13.5 watt ones to fit

48Dodge
07-20-12, 12:02 PM
from my experience i would NOT buy the 7.5 watt ones from VLEDs because i've gone through two sets that are very temperamental, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont, i want to buy the seconds ones you listed to see how those ones work instead, im in the process of getting my money back from them for the second set although people say they do and dont fit, i think they will because with the ones i have right now it looks like theres plenty of space for the larger 13.5 watt ones to fit

I've had 3 sets of lights go bad from V-Leds, but they've sent replacements at no charge. I think it must have been a bad shipment of 5k bulbs. Waiting on the latest license plate bulbs to arrive now. DRLs and parking went out before, but the replacements have been running strong.