: Loud squeak putting driver side window down.

imachap
07-16-12, 10:43 AM
Anyone had issues with the driver side window with a loud squeak when putting it down? I have a warranty but if I can remedy without taking it in that would be better.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-17-12, 12:15 PM
I hope you get some great feedback from other community members, imachap. If you do end up going in to get this looked into, please do keep us posted as we're available to assist as best we can.

Regards,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

Royalton
07-17-12, 09:22 PM
I had squeel on a different truck, it was dried mouldings rubbing when the window slides down. I greased them w armorall and it provided the lubrication and moisture needed to correct the issue. use it on the sides and the 2 stips on the bottom. Haven't had it come back since but i use armorall a lot on my vehicles. There's probably better lubricants out there for that purpose but good ol' fashioned armorall worked for me. Hope thats your issue as it's a quick fix, if not you'll have to take off your door panels to lubricate the brackets in there, in which case since your under warranty i'd bring it in

quattrotman
07-18-12, 02:08 AM
Mine does it on both front windows. I was going to put armor all or spay silicone in there (even wd-40) but I was worried that I would have forever streaky/greasy windows. Does it not leave any skids on the windows Royalton?

Royalton
07-18-12, 02:33 AM
haha funny you said that i almost mentioned this but didnt want to be too winded. I switched from armorall to using leather cleaner on them now. I use meguires spray leather cleaner on a lot of things instead of armorall exactly because it can be too greasy door mouldings, door panels, etc. Try that I think you'll be happy, no skids after working out the kinks of just the right amount.

quattrotman
07-19-12, 12:26 AM
I'll try it thanks...I actually use the same stuff for the seats.