: New Escalade EXT Owner

Recovery21
07-15-12, 01:24 PM
Hello all, I just purchased a new to me 2011 Escalade EXT. My first car was a 1996 Fleetwood Brougham which I just sold recently. My previous truck was a 2009 Hummer H3T which I took offroad. I am very familiar with how forums work, members love pictures!!! So here they are.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/GoodBye.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/15.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/025.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/2011%20Escalade/NewTruck4.jpg

It's still taking a little getting used to, but I am managing really well! Nothing like the luxury aspect. I look forward to meeting new people and also learning all about my truck. :thumbsup:

CadillacLuke24
07-15-12, 01:50 PM
NICE! I love EXTs. You have a sharp one for sure. The FWB looks like a nice hot rod too. :D Glad to see you havin' fun in the H3T like it was meant to be used!

AElayyat
07-15-12, 02:53 PM
Nice ext bro...you should have kept the Fleetwood!

talismandave
07-15-12, 03:00 PM
NICE! I love EXTs. You have a sharp one for sure. The FWB looks like a nice hot rod too. :D Glad to see you havin' fun in the H3T like it was meant to be used!
Luke beat me to the exact same opinion again. People will start to think one of us is a ghost posting of the other!:confused: My only question...am I the real one or the fake?:hmm:

Around here Hummers and their owners get a bad rep because all we see here are "chromed up" disco cruisers!:helpless:
It is great to see someone set it up and use it as intended for a change!
As to the FWB, gorgeous, How could you ever part with that.:thepan:
Was that dark blue? hard to tell in pic. Great looking cars/trucks and good job on posting photos!You should be welcomed with open arms for that move!:thumbsup:

77CDV
07-15-12, 04:18 PM
:welcome:

MrHolland
07-15-12, 07:16 PM
Welcome sir!! I wouldve liked to have been riding in the H3T when it got dirty like that, looks like fun!!! Enjoy your stay!!

Recovery21
07-15-12, 09:33 PM
Thanks all. I sold the FWB because the frame was in rough shape. I didn't have the time to take care of it the way I should have. The winters here in Buffalo are crazy and there is a lot of salt on the roads. It was basically a rot box, but the interior, exterior, engine bay, and trunk were clean. It was black and was the original paint. It was faded when I bought it, so out came the buffing wheel. I have taken many trophies with that car too. It was my first car and I got a lot of weird looks when I pulled up to school with it. Everyone was about the imports.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/All%20Previous%20Pictures/Picture.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/All%20Previous%20Pictures/HansAndCadillac004.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/All%20Previous%20Pictures/HansAndCadillac008.jpg

This one was taken after it was buffed out. I wish I had pictures of the "Before"

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/All%20Previous%20Pictures/HansAndCadillac001.jpg

As far as the hummer, I have A LOT of pictures of it like that and also in the wilderness. Here are a few of them...

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/031-1.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/Rausch%20Creek%202011/2.jpg

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/Mud%20Hole/799.jpg

MrHolland
07-15-12, 11:08 PM
You certainly cant tell by the pics that the Fleet was in bad shape, that thing looks great!!!! And as far as the H3, I would've been giggling like a school girl LOL

talismandave
07-15-12, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the extra pics...damn that Fleet it kickin'! I hear you on the rust thing though that was what took my first Cadillac from me almost thirty years ago. Mad props for bucking convention on choice of rides. Got my first Fleetwood when I was nineteen.

ben.gators
07-16-12, 03:54 AM
I am in love with that FWB! And by the way, hello and welcome!

ShapeShifter
07-16-12, 11:02 AM
Welcome! I agree with everyone, the Fleetwood was the $hit.

Kev
07-16-12, 11:17 AM
Welcome, and nice pics Recovery21! By the way, when will you be posting pics of the EXT in the woods and covered in mud? :thumbsup:

:coffee:

Recovery21
07-16-12, 10:06 PM
Great... Now I am going to miss that car even though I was doing alright without it! Thank you for rubbing it in everyone! :bouncy: It sat in my driveway for about 2 years and I only put about 50 miles on it in those years. I started my career and just didn't have the time to spend with it anymore. It had 91K on the odo, so I figured I would sell it while it looked good. The only thing I did to it was the rims. They were 100 spokes. I also added the crown air freshener on the rear deck... LOL!!!

As for the Caddy in the woods, I have sort of been contemplating the Skyjacker 3 1/2" lift... But I don't want to scratch this one. I know if I went that route, I would be REALLY tempted to try it out at least once.

ben.gators
07-16-12, 10:36 PM
Fleetwood Brougham is highly loved by majority of CF members, well except some of those V kids! :p We even had an election here and 1996 Fleetwood, Brougham Option, was elected as the last real Cadillac:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/community-lounge-introductions-general-discussion/249257-what-last-real-cadillac.html
So don't get surprised by so much complements on your FWB!

drewsdeville
07-16-12, 10:48 PM
Thanks all. I sold the FWB because the frame was in rough shape. The winters here in Buffalo are crazy and there is a lot of salt on the roads. It was basically a rot box

::gasp:: these cars are rotting pigs underneath? WHO KNEW?!?!? They don't make 'em like they used to ya know.

lulz

Body looked to be in decent shape though :thumbsup:

MrHolland
07-17-12, 12:37 AM
added the crown air freshener on the rear deck... LOL!!!
I must know,,,,where does one purchase a crown airfreshner???

truckinman
07-17-12, 12:24 PM
Welcome aboard!! I'm a fellow offroader myself. Only my drink of choice are jeeps. Have had 6. And each one has seen it's share of the trails. My fav jeep was my 2006 rubicon that I bought new in 05. Everybody told me I was an idiot for wheeling a 31 grand jeep. But in my opinion, those who bought rubis and didn't were idiots. Lol. Bc everything that made a rubi a rubi was what made it good off road lol. that's a great looking H3T you had. I, too, love that you actually wheeled it and weren't all obsessed with chromoly it out like most the hummer owners where I'm from. Lol. And of course great looking EXT! I'd love to have one myself. So would my fiancÚ. But just not in the financial equation for us right now.

truckinman
07-17-12, 12:30 PM
Well at least not one as new as yours. Lol. Since I just bought my STS its her turn to buy a car next and she hates buying cars older Than 2 years old. Lol.

Recovery21
07-17-12, 07:33 PM
I must know,,,,where does one purchase a crown airfreshner???Funny you should ask that. Right after I purchased the car, I started looking for them. I had no success in the search. Within a week of looking, I went to the local Autozone and they had 2 on clearance! They were gold though which didn't match anything on the car. I left it anyways and the sun beating on it did the rest. Within a few months, it was chrome. I have never saw them since and I wish they had more because I would have bought them. Great novelty item and makes for an interesting conversation piece! They are very hard to come by now and pop up on Ebay every once in a great while.

Recovery21
07-17-12, 07:40 PM
Welcome aboard!! I'm a fellow offroader myself. Only my drink of choice are jeeps. Have had 6. And each one has seen it's share of the trails. My fav jeep was my 2006 rubicon that I bought new in 05. Everybody told me I was an idiot for wheeling a 31 grand jeep. But in my opinion, those who bought rubis and didn't were idiots. Lol. Bc everything that made a rubi a rubi was what made it good off road lol. that's a great looking H3T you had. I, too, love that you actually wheeled it and weren't all obsessed with chromoly it out like most the hummer owners where I'm from. Lol. And of course great looking EXT! I'd love to have one myself. So would my fiancÚ. But just not in the financial equation for us right now.

Well at least not one as new as yours. Lol. Since I just bought my STS its her turn to buy a car next and she hates buying cars older Than 2 years old. Lol.

First off, Thanks! I hear you on that. Everyone thought I was nuts too. I bought it with the intention of wheeling it and I did. It was a great truck, but it had the straight 5 motor which was a big downfall. No lockers either, but I proved myself to a lot of other off roaders. Without the lockers, I still did good if not better than locked vehicles. That's what they are made for. I got stuck a lot and I am not afraid to admit it. Everyone does and I could care less, as long as you are having fun. Will I miss it? Probably, but there are plenty of other vehicles out there for that.

Just like this truck. Everyone looks at me like I am driving my parents vehicle. I know it's mine and they can have whatever opinion they want. I'm not the type of person who thinks I am better than anyone because I drive what I do. That's not my character... I'm still the same person regardless.

MrHolland
07-17-12, 07:47 PM
Funny you should ask that. Right after I purchased the car, I started looking for them. I had no success in the search. Within a week of looking, I went to the local Autozone and they had 2 on clearance! They were gold though which didn't match anything on the car. I left it anyways and the sun beating on it did the rest. Within a few months, it was chrome. I have never saw them since and I wish they had more because I would have bought them. Great novelty item and makes for an interesting conversation piece! They are very hard to come by now and pop up on Ebay every once in a great while.
I feel that pain sir!!! Ive been looking for some time now, and have been unable to locate one. I share your thoughts on them being great novelty, and I will not rest until I locate some!

truckinman
07-17-12, 09:02 PM
First off, Thanks! I hear you on that. Everyone thought I was nuts too. I bought it with the intention of wheeling it and I did. It was a great truck, but it had the straight 5 motor which was a big downfall. No lockers either, but I proved myself to a lot of other off roaders. Without the lockers, I still did good if not better than locked vehicles. That's what they are made for. I got stuck a lot and I am not afraid to admit it. Everyone does and I could care less, as long as you are having fun. Will I miss it? Probably, but there are plenty of other vehicles out there for that.

Just like this truck. Everyone looks at me like I am driving my parents vehicle. I know it's mine and they can have whatever opinion they want. I'm not the type of person who thinks I am better than anyone because I drive what I do. That's not my character... I'm still the same person regardless.

I haven't been 4 wheeling in a while. It's honestly my favorite thing to do. I love it! Lol. Ive still got a jeep. A 93 Cherokee 2 door 5 spd 4.0 with a couple inches of lift and mud king tires and the factory rear limited slip. Tho a limited slip isn't a full blown locker, this factory LS in my Cherokee is the best LS I've ever seen. I can go places with almost as much ease as my buddies with front and rear lockers. But sad thing is since I traded my 04 grand Cherokee with a V8 for my STS, ive lost my tow rig. Lol. And my Cherokee is no where near street legal anymore with all the damage ive done to it. I'm a take no prisoners kinda guy when I 4-wheel. Lol. But, I've set a goal for myself. When I lose a certain amount of weight, I'm buying another Cherokee that I can drive on the road and wheel on the weekends so I don't need a tow rig. Lol

Recovery21
07-17-12, 10:29 PM
That's what I did! It was my daily driver and toy for the mud and trails. If you want a good place to go, check out Rausch Creek. It's just outside of Harrisburg PA, so it's alittle bit of a haul but AWESOME wheeling if you haven't ever been there.

This is the worst I have done to that truck.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/Oops.jpg

I have blown up 3 front diffs, 5 sets of half shafts but surprisingly, NO tie rods. :thumbsup: Sounds to me like your new goal truck will be pretty cool! A friend of mine has a Jeep Commander and he too doesn't get stuck. His has the LS and you would never know it. I was jealous when I saw him wheeling in the snow. Like it wasn't even there!

Recovery21
07-17-12, 10:31 PM
I feel that pain sir!!! Ive been looking for some time now, and have been unable to locate one. I share your thoughts on them being great novelty, and I will not rest until I locate some!I know I am a new guy and all, but I will have to check and see if I still have the second one that I bought. I would have no use for it now that the car is gone. If I can find it, You will be the first to know. I haven't saw it for a while though so no promises! :thumbsup:

MrHolland
07-17-12, 11:03 PM
Dont tease!!!! :bows:

truckinman
07-18-12, 07:18 AM
That's what I did! It was my daily driver and toy for the mud and trails. If you want a good place to go, check out Rausch Creek. It's just outside of Harrisburg PA, so it's alittle bit of a haul but AWESOME wheeling if you haven't ever been there.

This is the worst I have done to that truck.

I have blown up 3 front diffs, 5 sets of half shafts but surprisingly, NO tie rods. :thumbsup: Sounds to me like your new goal truck will be pretty cool! A friend of mine has a Jeep Commander and he too doesn't get stuck. His has the LS and you would never know it. I was jealous when I saw him wheeling in the snow. Like it wasn't even there!

Wow. That surprises me bc I always heard the weakest link on h2/h3 were tie rods. Lol. Not diffs. Hey as the saying goes, if you're not breaking anything, youre not having fun! Lol.

I've been wanting to go to Rausch for a LONG time. Stumbled upon it by mistake online 5 years ago but never went. Lol. I've heard they've got some bad ass power line trails.

Every jeep I had before my jeep now was a daily driver/weekend wheeler. Even this one until I hit the first tree with it. Lol. B4 that it looked good. No scratches no dents at all. But once i hit the first tree, I stopped caring how she looked. Lol. I only paid 1200 for this one. Lol. And I didn't tap the tree. No no. It was a bit sloppy that day at haspin acres (where my buddies n I always go in IN). I was on an off camber trail and only had bfg AT K/O tires at the time which absolutely suck in mud, and I had to throw her in 3rd gear 4 lo and hammer it to have any chance of getting across this trail. Well it slid full force into a tree and the drivers door took the dull brunt of it. Bent the door into damn near a u shape, my window was down so in the door. Lol. It shattered. After that it was all down hill for the ol Cherokee.

Mechanically, however, she's still tough as nails. 214k miles. Chrysler 8.25 rear axle. Dana 30 front. And I've only got 30 inch rubber on it so not enough stress to break the axles or blow the diffs unless I'm REALLY stupid. Lol. But I tell ya, those mud kings I've got are the grippiest tire I've ever used or seen in the mud in a tire that size. Made a world of difference going from the AT to the kings. Lol

maeng9981
07-21-12, 10:14 PM
Nice Fleetwood... oh wait, nice H3T .. and a nice EXT too!

Recovery21
07-22-12, 09:59 AM
Thank you! I left one ride out too, but I figure I will share it also. In case nobody has noticed a common theme here with my vehicles, I like a certain color/ trim combo. That combo happens to be Black and Chrome. I am a sucker for it and when I see it, I have the urge to have it! LOL! Just like this one... I have added a lot of chrome to it, but it still had a lot done to it already when I bought it.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/Harley/KinzuaBridge074.jpg

Now, I know some people are going to say that these vehicles aren't mine, or that my parents bought them for me. Unfortunately that's not the case. I work hard for my money, and vehicles are what I choose to spend it on. I get a lot of mixed looks from people around town and that's okay by me. Just because I am younger doesn't mean that I can't have nice things.

Recovery21
07-22-12, 10:06 AM
Oh, and look what I happened to find!

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/Crown.jpg

talismandave
07-22-12, 11:19 AM
Oh...you are going to make MrHolland's day! :excited:

Love the spokes on the bike. I know what you mean about the color thing. Except my weakness is white and chrome! You and I are like opposite superheroes who can only survive in a gray world.

I used to get that crap when I was young too. Had my Cadillac at 19 by the time I was 20 had added a Triumph Spitfire, a GS550E, and a C20 Chevy with a 10 1/2 ft. camper on it to the stable. The extent of my parents help was letting me park some at their home. They thought I was nuts, but allowed it.
People would see me work my two full-time and one part-time jobs, and still say my parents bought me cars.:nono:
Haters were out there in the 70's too!:histeric:

Rock on in spite of them. By the time I was 27 sold some and had a down payment on my first duplex.

Recovery21
07-22-12, 12:34 PM
Oh...you are going to make MrHolland's day! :excited:

Love the spokes on the bike. I know what you mean about the color thing. Except my weakness is white and chrome! You and I are like opposite superheroes who can only survive in a gray world.

I used to get that crap when I was young too. Had my Cadillac at 19 by the time I was 20 had added a Triumph Spitfire, a GS550E, and a C20 Chevy with a 10 1/2 ft. camper on it to the stable. The extent of my parents help was letting me park some at their home. They thought I was nuts, but allowed it.
People would see me work my two full-time and one par-time job, and still say my parents bought me cars.:nono:
Haters were out there in the 70's too!:histeric:

Rock on in spite of them. By the time I was 27 sold some and had a down payment on my first duplex.

I'm 24 years old, so a lot of people don't believe it. I could honestly care less about them because I know the truth. I am not like most of the kids I went to school with. I was never into the popular trends and I would much rather be the odd man out. This truck WAS my duplex... ROFL! Now I have to keep this one long enough to be able to afford one. Only time will tell though...

talismandave
07-22-12, 04:14 PM
.....This truck WAS my duplex... ROFL!
Funny you say this because before the duplex, that was what the truck and camper was for! I could drive to my next job, go to sleep and set alarm and be ready for work again. That was where I lived 3-4 days a week and how I balanced three jobs!

ShapeShifter
07-22-12, 04:39 PM
Like that 100TH Anniversary Heritage Softail Classic.

truckinman
07-22-12, 07:08 PM
Thank you! I left one ride out too, but I figure I will share it also. In case nobody has noticed a common theme here with my vehicles, I like a certain color/ trim combo. That combo happens to be Black and Chrome. I am a sucker for it and when I see it, I have the urge to have it! LOL! Just like this one... I have added a lot of chrome to it, but it still had a lot done to it already when I bought it.

Now, I know some people are going to say that these vehicles aren't mine, or that my parents bought them for me. Unfortunately that's not the case. I work hard for my money, and vehicles are what I choose to spend it on. I get a lot of mixed looks from people around town and that's okay by me. Just because I am younger doesn't mean that I can't have nice things.

Heck, when I was 19, I bought a 5 year old Lexus GS400 fully loaded. With my own money as well and I got the same looks as you. A 19 year old in that car. I was even accused of being a drug dealer from several people bc they thought there was no way someone my age could afford that car in an honest manor. And when I was 20, that's when I bought my brand new jeep wrangler rubicon for 32k that I told u I wheeled. Same story with my age and that jeep. Lol. Although not as bad as the Lexus. Bc most people just saw the Lexus badge and jumped to conclusions right away. The jeep name doesn't exactly persuade people to think it was an expensive purchase.

MrHolland
07-22-12, 08:22 PM
Oh, and look what I happened to find!

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/Recovery21/Crown.jpg

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHh,,,LOOk at that!!!!! Once you post 6 more times, I'll be able to PM you and make you an offer on that little jewel!!!! :cloud9:

Recovery21
07-22-12, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I just found it today so I figured I would post that "Teaser pic" LOL!!!

Recovery21
07-22-12, 09:58 PM
Heck, when I was 19, I bought a 5 year old Lexus GS400 fully loaded. With my own money as well and I got the same looks as you. A 19 year old in that car. I was even accused of being a drug dealer from several people bc they thought there was no way someone my age could afford that car in an honest manor. And when I was 20, that's when I bought my brand new jeep wrangler rubicon for 32k that I told u I wheeled. Same story with my age and that jeep. Lol. Although not as bad as the Lexus. Bc most people just saw the Lexus badge and jumped to conclusions right away. The jeep name doesn't exactly persuade people to think it was an expensive purchase. The H3T was purchased when I was 19 working at a pizzeria. That job was my life and I saved everything I made to buy that. The pictures were the selling point even before I knew they were making it. Sticker was $36K and I knew that I was going to be accepted into the apprenticeship program. That sealed the deal for me on getting it. A lot of people are just clueless as to what cars really cost. Like you said, they look at the badge first and make assumptions.

Recovery21
07-22-12, 10:07 PM
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHh,,,LOOk at that!!!!! Once you post 6 more times, I'll be able to PM you and make you an offer on that little jewel!!!! :cloud9:It sits 5" tall and 4" at it's widest point. Pretty decent size, but you would need some 2 sided tape to stick it. I was surprised they didn't give any with it.

talismandave
07-22-12, 11:04 PM
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHh,,,LOOk at that!!!!! Once you post 6 more times, I'll be able to PM you and make you an offer on that little jewel!!!! :cloud9:

IDK Recovery21 might have better luck auctioning it off, there are a lot of us guys out here to drive the price up.:histeric:

Just kidding. We wouldn't come between you and your well deserved coronation!

KingHolland...:hmm:...has a nice ring to it!

MrHolland
07-22-12, 11:13 PM
Yeah Yeah, funny stuff. I would expect no less from this bunch!!

-----Sir Holland is ok too!!!

orconn
07-22-12, 11:15 PM
Please tell me, what is it exactly that sends some members into paroxisms of glee over the thought of potential ownership of this particualr air freshener! Am I missing something?

talismandave
07-22-12, 11:18 PM
The subjects can not understand the luxuries of the Royals...pearls before swine.

MrHolland
07-22-12, 11:21 PM
Its a Crown!!!! Proudly displayed in the cars driven by a king of kings!! (at least in his mind) I'm actually trying to explain this to my wife as we speak.. She is clearly missing something. (possibly a sane husband)

talismandave
07-22-12, 11:55 PM
:lol:

OK, tell her...it is like you found this really beautiful dress...but you don't have a purse the right color to go with it....and like...this friend...well he found this purse that's just the right color...and like...you are all...oh my God, about it....

Then again ignore me. I have now been divorced longer than I was married. Probably would do better on your own! :hide:

cadillac kevin
07-23-12, 12:04 AM
:lol:

OK, tell her...it is like you found this really beautiful dress...but you don't have a purse the right color to go with it....and like...this friend...well he found this purse that's just the right color...and like...you are all...oh my God, about it....

Then again ignore me. I have now been divorced longer than I was married. Probably would do better on your own! :hide:

Makes perfect sense to me...then again I'm single. lol

MrHolland
07-23-12, 12:05 AM
LOL I think I can get her to understand this!!!

talismandave
07-23-12, 12:25 AM
Then that just leaves Orconn...

Recovery21
07-23-12, 07:27 PM
I'm not too sure if there is a meaning behind it. All I knew is that I wanted one so I bought the last 2 they had. I have never saw another one for sale yet locally.

Recovery21
07-23-12, 09:09 PM
Hey MrHolland, I got your Visitor Message. I am not given the option to enable PM's. Therefore, I can't do PM's yet. Might have to have an Admin enable it? I am a co-owner of a Hummer forum, and I just checked there. I was given the option to enable/ disable messages. So don't think I am ignoring you! LOL!!!:histeric: