: Help With Upgrade to Platinum

talismandave
07-15-12, 01:58 AM
I have tried a couple of times to upgrade to platinum membership from supporting. Each time, it looks like they will bill me like I was a new member. I don't want to lose the remaining months of my current supporting membership but would like to upgrade sooner if possible.

admin
07-16-12, 10:13 AM
There's no way for the system to recognize your current usergroup and bill you the difference. Your current sub runs out October 2nd. If you upgrade now, I'll tack on the extra 2.5 months to your sub.

RippyPartsDept
07-16-12, 01:09 PM
Hey admin, I lost my platinum status over the weekend (maybe this morning)... our paypal is showing that it was paid (via the usual subscription) on saturday.

This had been a problem in the past (where we would be paid, but the forum wouldn't recognize it) but i thought we had it fixed ... it has been since last year (i think) since it last happened

i would PM you but my inbox is overfull by 125 messages and i'd rather not delete them all
i also sent sal an email (as i had in the past)

cheers,
chris

admin
07-16-12, 04:53 PM
@Rippy

According to our records:
Cadillac Supporting Dealership - Platinum (1 month)
03-14-12 to 07-14-12

Please copy/paste your PayPal transaction details in a Pm or email to me for verification. Thanks.

RippyPartsDept
07-16-12, 05:25 PM
I cannot PM ... my inbox/outbox has 150 messages and the limit is 25 when i'm a regular user

my email is in my signature ... phone # too ... also in the adcube on the right ---->

for what it's worth i took a screen capture from paypal ... it shows the last time we created the subscription payment that was supposed to fix this problem (which had been happening for a long time)

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4775/paypalv.jpg

you can clearly see the payment on saturday

under the 'Details' link it has this relevant info

Subscription Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 68068563VL682984F)
See related S-74828838G11541214
(i'm pretty sure the S-# is the subscription)

talismandave
07-16-12, 05:25 PM
There's no way for the system to recognize your current usergroup and bill you the difference. Your current sub runs out October 2nd. If you upgrade now, I'll tack on the extra 2.5 months to your sub.
Thank's will go do it now.

RippyPartsDept
07-16-12, 06:32 PM
admin... are you still there??

admin
07-17-12, 12:55 PM
Rippy, this forum is not owned by Madison Ross Media Group any longer. It's owned by Autoguide.com, effective June 5th, 2012.
That's why the forum didn't recognize your payments. You'll need to request refunds for those last orders.

@talismandave: your Platinum sub originally expired January 16th, 2013. I've extended it to April 2nd to factor in the difference paid.

RippyPartsDept
07-17-12, 01:03 PM
these kinds of things would be nice to know :helpless: the forum footer still does have Madison Moss on it

so I should request a refund for the july payment and then stop the subscription payment and then start a new subscription payment?

thanks

admin
07-17-12, 01:05 PM
these kinds of things would be nice to know :helpless: the forum footer still does have Madison Moss on it

so I should request a refund for the july payment and then stop the subscription payment and then start a new subscription payment?

thanks

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/site-news-feedback-questions-suggestions/261607-change-ownership.html

RippyPartsDept
07-17-12, 01:30 PM
i don't see a way to set up a recurring subscription like we used to have

it also won't let us pay with our credit card via paypal like it used to ... paypal is saying that we have to have money in our paypal account

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9978/paypal2e.jpg

i've never seen this kind of thing before

RippyPartsDept
07-17-12, 01:34 PM
this is starting to get frustrating

admin
07-17-12, 01:42 PM
Sorry Rippy, but I don't have anything to do with the finer details of PayPal and how we process payments. That is a completely separate department for which I have no responsibility for.
I've never seen this PayPal option that states you must have the money in your account. I never have money in my PayPal account and I'm just given the option to have it come out of my chequing account or credit card.

You'll need to contact Sal about having the funds you paid for June and July forwarded to Autoforums.com

RippyPartsDept
07-17-12, 01:46 PM
I have contacted sal... at the three or four email addresses I have for him

I have never seen this with paypal either - but what I do know is that the Madison Ross paypal never acted that way
(as I said before I had to re-set up my subscription with them pretty often in the past few years)

any for the record, this is July-August (14th-14th i think) we are talking about

RippyPartsDept
07-17-12, 02:04 PM
there's nothing I can do to figure out how to pay

it just won't let me pay via paypal ... it's actually logging me out every time

i've never seen this before

maybe you could ask the division that deals with paypal if they've ever seen this before

RippyPartsDept
07-17-12, 05:10 PM
is there someone i can talk to or email that might help me figure out how to pay you guys?

i'm at my wit's end here ... i don't know what else to do ... it just won't let me pay ... keeps giving that same error

RippyPartsDept
07-17-12, 05:53 PM
from what i can tell now it looks like this is some weird vague paypal error message

paypal will not talk to me and tell me what the problem is because the name on the account is our owner (the credit card is in his name)

so apparently we're back to square one here ... i do have another paypal account that i'm going to try and use and if that doesn't work then i've got my personal account

RippyPartsDept
07-17-12, 06:02 PM
paypal says that the security model is blocking the credit card

currently on the phone w/ paypal...

RippyPartsDept
07-17-12, 06:19 PM
paypal says that we can't pay you with our credit card

i guess we'll have to figure out another way to pay or we won't be a forum supporting dealer anymore

this is ridiculous

The Tony Show
07-17-12, 09:04 PM
Chris,

I'll get on the phone with Sal and see if we can figure this out.

The entire site benefits from your presence, so we appreciate you hanging in there while we work out the kinks due to ownership change. Thanks.

The Tony Show
07-17-12, 09:11 PM
I've temporarily moved your account back into Platinum Dealer status so you can continue to conduct business and have access to your full PM capability while we sort this out. No reason for you to suffer due to technical issues on our end.

Thanks for everything you do here.

talismandave
07-17-12, 10:51 PM
Not to butt in where I really don't know anything, but just a thought. Has your card tied to paypal been renewed lately with a new expiration date? That could be putting the wrench in the works until updated to them. If not , sorry for the interruption.:)

RippyPartsDept
07-18-12, 01:04 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

I'm pretty certain this is a PayPal issue and nothing on the site's side. They seemed to say it has to do with the automatic security model and there's nothing that can be done besides trying a manual invoice. If you want to send a PayPal invoice manually to my email address we can try that as a bandaid but the main issue seems to be with the subscription and it would seem pretty lame if they would allow a one time invoice but not do the subscription.

Dave, I haven't fully investigated issues with the card but it's definitely not expired. I'll be checking everything on that front tomorrow.

I'll check in tomorrow after I investigate the possible card issues.

RippyPartsDept
07-18-12, 01:16 PM
So before I went and got mixed up in the office manager's business checking out the credit card I tried it one more time.

Went through perfectly.

So it looks like we're all set with the paypal subscription and everything's all good. :cool2: :thumbsup:

Thanks again