: '06 STS drivers side rear view

1harleyman
07-14-12, 11:22 PM
I just purchased an '06 STS with out a manual, the drivers side rear view mirror turns to the ground when in reverse, cant find the settings in the personal settings for the mirror like my '98 has, is it hidden under some other heading does anyone know, and does anyone have any idea where to get a manual cheaper than the $50 the dealer wants

Mullah88
07-14-12, 11:37 PM
i think mine stopped working...or maybe i turned it off from the config menu but whenever i had the car in reverse the mirror will go down but will not come back up afterwards.

have you tried ebay? or searching for a .pdf online?

EChas3
07-14-12, 11:50 PM
The mirror control switch on the driver's armrest also governs which (or neither) mirror provides the curb check.Change the switch to the middle position until you get it fixed.

1harleyman
07-15-12, 12:04 AM
Thanks, I didn't know that

malatu
07-18-12, 08:22 AM
does anyone know, and does anyone have any idea where to get a manual cheaper than the $50 the dealer wants

I found one on ebay for around $35. If I was hard-pressed and needed/wanted one asap.....I don't think $50 is outrageous. A bit painful, but not outrageous. There is a lot of information in that owner's manual. Also, there are two owner's manuals. One for the car and one for the Nav (if you have it). I got both for $35.

curtc
07-18-12, 12:52 PM
There are PDF manuals out there online, just have to look.

malatu
07-18-12, 02:45 PM
Yes there are .... but there's nothing like having an original owner's manual in the glove compartment!

curtc
07-18-12, 04:30 PM
Yes there are .... but there's nothing like having an original owner's manual in the glove compartment!

Agreed!

neverlateSTS
07-21-12, 07:43 PM
if someone can explain how you get the owners manual to fit in the glove box or console let me know as I keep mine in the trunk. too big for any of the compartments.

MacMuse
07-21-12, 08:00 PM
Let's just say the owners manual feels it needs to be the only thing in the glove box. Maybe you could get a pair of gloves in their too. Unlined of course.

EChas3
07-21-12, 08:35 PM
There's a slot molded into the top portion that holds it nicely. Unfortunately, that spot won't also fit the Navigation system addendum.

There's still room for a pair of gloves; a small pair of driving gloves. ;)

dkozloski
07-21-12, 08:39 PM
Some regions call it a jockey box but they must be talking about Jockey shorts.

malatu
07-24-12, 12:23 AM
Actually, I keep it in the door.

Ludacrisvp
07-24-12, 02:40 PM
There's a slot molded into the top portion that holds it nicely. Unfortunately, that spot won't also fit the Navigation system addendum.

There's still room for a pair of gloves; a small pair of driving gloves. ;)

08 has no slot in it. 95241

Cadjiek
07-24-12, 03:49 PM
My 07 doesn't have one either. I just went out to see if I have been missing something for the last 5 years. Funny how the thread started with the side view mirror to a discussion about the glove box.

DarkMingBlueSTS
07-24-12, 05:28 PM
My 05 manual fits in the glove box along with insurance, registration, and a few repair receipts since I've had it...there no need to have a bunch of stuff in there anyway...lol I don't want to spend time digging around in there if I'm pulled over or if I'm stuck somewhere and the manual could help get me out of a jam :)

curtc
07-24-12, 09:27 PM
I still feel that this is the WORST glove box ever! Thought I might be escaping it when I traded in my CTS, nope, same damn thing...

FYI, my 06 has the manual slot too.

Ludacrisvp
07-25-12, 12:00 AM
I agree. I had more space in the glove box in my 02 DTS and it has the 6 disc cd changer in it!!