: Paint protection film

daviddibble
07-14-12, 11:02 PM
What is the best paint protection film out there? Thanks

MrHolland
07-15-12, 12:14 AM
Welcome to the forum. From a previous post.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/259241-clear-bra-pics.html

hcvone
07-15-12, 07:18 AM
3m is very good, I have it on several cars/trucks, I just had XPELís new Ultimate Paint Protection Film put on my 13' ctsv coupe, it repairs itself if damaged, pretty trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUqzFvRw4-A

uflj50
07-15-12, 08:58 AM
I've been using the 3M and I've heard of the XPEL like HVC says but not seen it. Pretty cool I would think. Had the 3m on my last 2 and held up great. Two key items, and the main one is the installer. Get a good one. Do your research, go the web and see who is an authorized dealer. Look at their work, ask someof the high end dealers in the area who they use. Second; use a good quality spray way one the area that have the film, this will make it easier to wash the bugs off and unlike a past or liquid wax will build up on the edges that are not able to be wrapped and will not leave a haze look on the film. My guy told me that and I've been doing it, right or wrong it seems to work. the film really keeps the fron of the truck looking good, no more Q-tipping the rock chips that are bound to happen!

daviddibble
07-15-12, 08:37 PM
Thanks

daviddibble
07-15-12, 08:42 PM
Thanks, I have been looking on the web at xpel ultimate but have had a hard time finding installers that use it. Everyone in my area seems to use 3m. When I google installer for xpel none come up. Xpel's website does not help out either. I live in nortern michigan maybe I will have to drive to Canada

hcvone
07-16-12, 08:06 AM
I've been using the 3M and I've heard of the XPEL like HVC says but not seen it. Pretty cool I would think. Had the 3m on my last 2 and held up great. Two key items, and the main one is the installer. Get a good one. Do your research, go the web and see who is an authorized dealer. Look at their work, ask someof the high end dealers in the area who they use. Second; use a good quality spray way one the area that have the film, this will make it easier to wash the bugs off and unlike a past or liquid wax will build up on the edges that are not able to be wrapped and will not leave a haze look on the film. My guy told me that and I've been doing it, right or wrong it seems to work. the film really keeps the fron of the truck looking good, no more Q-tipping the rock chips that are bound to happen!

You are correct the installer is the key. My clear plastic is waxed like any other car, in fact Zaino Z-2 is spec'd on llumer film application instructions.