: 2005 CTS-V Dome lights will not shut off

01Cummins
07-14-12, 03:48 PM
Was driving a windy road last night and all off a sudden the dome lights flickered on then off then on and finally stayed on. I can not get the lights to turn off at all. I have checked the dimmer button and relay. I ended up pulling the fuse. I have replaced all the bulbs with LEDs about 6 months ago and they all worked fine up until now. Anyone else every have this problem? The car is stock with no after market products. I scanned it and scanner shows all door switchs to be working and in the "off position". There is nothing requesting the dome lights to be on....:confused:

darkman
07-15-12, 08:56 AM
Maybe the attached.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-16-12, 11:31 PM
01Cummins, have you had a chance to determine if darkman's helpful advice was applicable to your V situation? Please keep us in the loop when you can, and I'm always available via email if you'd like me to research further on your behalf (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com).

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

01Cummins
07-17-12, 12:44 AM
Yes I unpluged the over head dimmer and lights still stuck on. I was thinking that maybe a LED went bad and was back feeding into the dome lights. I had removed the over head light bulbs already so I know those were not the problem. So tonight I unhooked the rest of the bulbs and left the over head ones in and I get the same results. These lights will not turn off. I have been driving the car around with the dome light fuse pulled....UGH!!!!

01Cummins
07-19-12, 02:00 PM
I really wish I could figure this out...

darkman
07-19-12, 03:29 PM
See attached.

01Cummins
08-08-12, 09:45 PM
Figured it out, what a PITA. Pulled the whole inside of the car apart. Turns out a wiring harness was not installed right and rubbed on a stud to the point of turning on the light. This was under the drivers feet where I step into the car daily.
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz22/01cummins/IMG_2235.jpg

DWF0551
08-10-12, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the update. Always nice to know the root of the problem.

01Cummins
08-16-12, 11:36 PM
Thats what forums are for.