: small problems in 07V

TallGuyJ
07-14-12, 01:21 PM
ok, this is my first post and im a newb so be nice please.

i have been having problems with my tire pressure monitor in the car. it will stop reading the tires and the low pressure light will come on and the car starts beeping all loud and annoying, other times it will give me a crazy reading of 45 or 50psi on a tire. its temporary because after a minute or two it resets to the correct reading, but its still annoying. it happens almost daily. its my dd.
i took it to the dealer and they said they fixed it but i suspect all they did was refill the tires to the correct pressure cause they were only at 30psi. should i just go back and demand they replace the sensors or something?

i have also heard a light rattle type noise when cruising down the road but after an inspection they said they couldnt find anything. so yeah...they didnt charge me anything so in not angry but i am wondering what it could be. I'm at about 55k miles so wat should i start looking at?
thanks to everyone who helps.

rand49er
07-14-12, 09:27 PM
TPS may be faulty. I have one that acts up occasionally, but it's too infrequent to bother with.

sgtdestruction
07-15-12, 01:07 AM
When I purchased my car, the dealer performed a static tire balance, which only balances the outside of the rim. This caused my TPS to show weird readings and the car to shimmy at speed. Took it to my local tire shop and they performed a dynamic balance, which balances both sides of the rim. Everything smooth as glass after that, and TPS started reading even again.

JDB
07-15-12, 02:05 PM
TPSs are flaky... I had 2 fail and another "intermittent", so dealer was nice enough to just replace all 4.

Is it always the same sensor? Maybe try resetting the system.

TallGuyJ
07-16-12, 02:28 AM
thanks to everyone who responded.
sgtdestruction- at what speeds did ur car shimmy?
jdb- all my sensors act up. its not one in particular.