: 2007 sts4 limping along

neverlateSTS
07-13-12, 10:29 PM
Had a very wierd thing happen last night in traffic the check engine light came on the t/c light iluminated and the d disappeared from the display. it also had no power and would not shift at all even manually.Limped into caddy dealer and car was in accessory mode and the start button kept blinking red.moving the shifter did not change the display as it had no idea what it was doing.left it at dealer but they disconnected the battery to go home and all was good this morning except for a bunch of stored codes.they called gm as they tried to piece together what was wrong and were told it was a tranny module of some sort when they went to it they found it was getting water in it and the connector was corroded. does this sound logical? Warranty is covering it but i hope this is really the only thing that was wrong.Dont loke getting stuck on the road. Has anyone experienced this?

neverlateSTS
07-15-12, 07:15 PM
Had a very wierd thing happen last night in traffic the check engine light came on the t/c light iluminated and the d disappeared from the display. it also had no power and would not shift at all even manually.Limped into caddy dealer and car was in accessory mode and the start button kept blinking red.moving the shifter did not change the display as it had no idea what it was doing.left it at dealer but they disconnected the battery to go home and all was good this morning except for a bunch of stored codes.they called gm as they tried to piece together what was wrong and were told it was a tranny module of some sort when they went to it they found it was getting water in it and the connector was corroded. does this sound logical? Warranty is covering it but i hope this is really the only thing that was wrong.Dont loke getting stuck on the road. Has anyone experienced this?
car was repaired and seems to be fine i am thankful for the help i recieved from Bill Kegan the team service manager at Dimmitt Cadillac in Clearwater Florida not only did he stay late to address my issue but placed me in a loaner immediately so i could get home. He also showed me my bumper to bumper warranty was good until next year. I did not know this as the dealer i purchased the car from never explained this. This turned into a nice surprise just when you think disaster is upon you. Very nice experience at their dealership.