Cadillac Owners Forum banner

iPod adapter

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ltdltc 
#1 ·
After buying my car a little over a year ago I wanted to install my iPod. I first bought a Pac audio adapter (don't remember the model number) that plugged in behind the head unit. It didn't recognize the iPod so I returned it. I could not find any other adapter so I burned some CD's and called it a day. I recently found an adapter by USA Spec model number PA20-GM. It plugs into the XM module that is in the trunk. This adapter works perfectly. I now have my iPod back and couldn't be happier. Just throwing it out there for anybody who has interest

Don

#3 ·
Just wondering why you unplugged the antenna and want to get rid of the XM on the head unit? If you do not subscribe just skip past it. I would imagine that unplugging the module will not bypass the XM as a source. But you could try it and find out. The module is on the left side of the trunk behind the left side carpeting.

Don

#4 ·
When I unplug my MP3 player it goes right to the XM source and if your playing it loud the preview channel comes in loud. I don't like XM and will never pay for radio. I unplugged the antenna at the XM module. I'm not sure about removing it because when you remove modules GMLAN doesn't play nice. I got a CoStar Bluestar module for bluetooth and had to get it RMA'd and without the onstar VCIM my service suspension message came up.

Back to XM I had a trial on my Lux II when I got it CPO and didn't care for it and by coincidence the new phone number I got around the time I got the car they kept calling 4 times a day looking for someone that had that number. After repeated attempts to tell them to stop f**king calling I switched my phone number, Onstar did the same thing looking for the same person, and each time the customer service reps followed scripts and nothing was ever done. It was border line harassment so Onstar and XM are never going to get my money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.