: What is a 1985 Cadillac Eldo Biarritz with 3500 original miles/owner worth?

hdrider00
07-13-12, 02:23 PM
My dad's brother passed away and his widow has now has decided it is time to sell his beloved Cadillac. It only has 3500 original miles. He bought the car new, is the original owner and it has sat in a garage it's whole life. He was a WWII vet that served for 20 years for our country and I would like to help his widow get what the car might be worth. Could anyone help me price the car, it is in the condition it was when it was brand new, but has not been started for a very long time. Also, would putting it on Ebay be the best way to sell it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

cadillac kevin
07-13-12, 02:51 PM
My dad's brother passed away and his widow has now has decided it is time to sell his beloved Cadillac. It only has 3500 original miles. He bought the car new, is the original owner and it has sat in a garage it's whole life. He was a WWII vet that served for 20 years for our country and I would like to help his widow get what the car might be worth. Could anyone help me price the car, it is in the condition it was when it was brand new, but has not been started for a very long time. Also, would putting it on Ebay be the best way to sell it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Pictures would be helpful for determining value. Without seeing it, I'd say 4k-10k depending on color combo and options. I'd imagine the bumper fillers are cracked/ missing since they tend to disintegrate, which will hurt the value and appeal of the car.
Ebay would probably be your best bet for getting maximum money. If 2 people really want the car, it could go for 10 or 12 thousand, but realistically, I'd expect 6-8k for it.

EcSTSatic
07-13-12, 03:12 PM
Personally I wouldn't pay more than $1500 for almost every US car that old. Others would disagree:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/cadillac/eldorado_biarritz/1420794.html (http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/cadillac/eldorado_biarritz/1420794.html)

http://www.starwoodmotors.com/web/used/Cadillac-Eldorado-1985-Dallas-Texas/2175718/

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/1985_CADILLAC_ELDORADO+BIARRITZ_147952801 (http://www.starwoodmotors.com/web/used/Cadillac-Eldorado-1985-Dallas-Texas/2175718/)

Ranger
07-13-12, 10:11 PM
www.kbb.com
www.nada.com

77CDV
07-13-12, 11:28 PM
Sounds like a nice car, but Kevin's pretty on about the value. These are not highly sought-after cars, and one that's been put up for so long will need a considerable amount of work to be roadworthy. Why did your uncle drive it so little?

Playdrv4me
07-14-12, 08:29 AM
Unfortunately, once a car gets THAT old which isn't a particularly desirable model, it is no longer an issue of "someone is getting a practically brand new car" but rather "how much work will this relatively neglected vehicle need to be fully restored", or even road-worthy. I'd say Kevin's values are just about spot on.

BigCadMan_1
07-14-12, 08:36 AM
Sounds like :spam: to me :nuffsaid:

brandondeleo
07-14-12, 09:39 AM
The "2003 Eldorado" might be a tipoff...

97EldETC
07-14-12, 04:25 PM
Why would someone spam this way? It seems kinda dumb; I can see posting the ad from their dealer or promoting something but......

Playdrv4me
07-14-12, 04:59 PM
I doubt this is spam.

talismandave
07-14-12, 08:52 PM
Why would someone spam this way? It seems kinda dumb; I can see posting the ad from their dealer or promoting something but......
One reason would be that what is being discussed will affect what pop-up ads are displayed.

MrHolland
07-14-12, 09:19 PM
Id like to have an 85 Eldog. PLEASE, no one tell my Fleetwood I said that!!! Can we see some pics of this machine???

97EldETC
07-14-12, 09:40 PM
One reason would be that what is being discussed will affect what pop-up ads are displayed.

I never see any adds because about 95% of the time I'm on the mobile site. But when I'm on the pc, I have to walk into the other room and wait for it to load!

talismandave
07-14-12, 10:51 PM
I plan to move to platinum to avoid some. Tried to upgrade but every time I try it acts like I'm new and wants to charge me full not just the upgrade from supporting so I have to wait until my current membership is up.
Every time I open this thread from post #1 an ad for Blackbook.WhyPayRetail.com comes up. That would be who I would suspect if this post remains unanswered by OP. Or if he is a one or two post then gone.

Ranger
07-14-12, 11:00 PM
I plan to move to platinum to avoid some. Tried to upgrade but every time I try it acts like I'm new and wants to charge me full not just the upgrade from supporting so I have to wait until my current membership is up.
Dave, you might post this in the site questions, suggestions etc forum. Maybe someone can help.

Every time I open this thread from post #1 an ad for Blackbook.WhyPayRetail.com comes up. That would be who I would suspect if this post remains unanswered by OP. Or if he is a one or two post then gone.
I see several red flags in post #1. This just raises my suspicions. I'll reserve judgment.

Playdrv4me
07-14-12, 11:26 PM
I'm not getting any ads at all from this page, and I'm not even Platinum.

MrHolland
07-15-12, 12:30 AM
I hope hes not a one post then gone, Id love to see some pics.

-------Mr. Dave, The benefits of of the Platinum Membership are unbelievable!!! Women, money, being showered with gifts, just an usual amount of popularity everywhere I go. And to top it all off,,,,,No Ads!!!! It may be too much for some people to handle but I think you're ready.. Cmon in,,,the water is fine!!

talismandave
07-15-12, 01:27 AM
I have searched my soul and contemplated the ramifications of my actions and feel I am man enough to live up to the obligations.

And thank you for my daily belly laugh. I can always get one from CF. (At least.):lol:

hdrider00
07-16-12, 12:51 PM
This is not SPAM, I am just asking a question, what do I have to gain from posting this, it is not in the classifieds. Thank you Kevin for the reply, this helps. I am going to do what I can to help her sell this car and a truck of about the same year with very low miles, I have no idea why the low miles.

About my profile where I state I have a 2003, I made a mistake, I own (actually just sold it as I retired) a 1993 Eldo with 88k original miles, mint condition, had a hard time selling it, nobody wants used cadillac's it seems of that vintage.

Aztec ETC ECS
07-16-12, 02:26 PM
This is the closest I've seen:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-Eldorado-Coupe-15-000-Miles-Spectacular-/110907797539?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19d29eb023

And don't listen to all the pineapples who spread the myth about an old low mile car having problems and everything being dried out or dryrotted. Most of them never owned or even seen anything like it.
I think it was a sour grapes thing that started that.
I've seen & owned several. If kept out of the weather, it'll be fine.