: Pilot Super Sports vs. PS2

mberisha
07-13-12, 12:19 PM
Gents,

Going to get some new tires for my newly painted rims when I get back to the states....but can't seem to find anything concrete for the pros/cons of the Pilot Super Sports vs. PS2s for the V1.

This is the set-up I was going to run:

F: 245/40ZR18
R: 275/35ZR18

As far as my driving...I am looking for simply handling & performance and the V will only be driven above 50F degrees and the tires will see minimal rain if any. Price, tread life, noise, etc is not a factor.....

Thoughts?

jebfrank
07-13-12, 12:50 PM
Go with the SS, that's what I'm running stock size. Very quite, very stick, with a 30k warranty (15k) staggered. What more could u ask for?

Junior1
07-13-12, 05:14 PM
Spoke with the Michelin tech at the Caddy V Lab in depth about these. The Super Sports beat the PS2's in every category.
He talked me into buying them prior to running slicks. I was very happy with them on track, plus I got them cheaper than PS2's at the time. Warranty is an added bonus.

my .02, buy the Super Sports and don't look back...

2007ThunderV
07-13-12, 05:23 PM
Spoke with the Michelin tech at the Caddy V Lab in depth about these. The Super Sports beat the PS2's in every category.
He talked me into buying them prior to running slicks. I was very happy with them on track, plus I got them cheaper than PS2's at the time. Warranty is an added bonus.

my .02, buy the Super Sports and don't look back...
+1 the super sports stick real good, i actually can put power the the ground even with my head cam package, and the super sports ride great and are really quiet.

JDB
07-13-12, 08:07 PM
SSs.

mberisha
07-14-12, 11:31 AM
Thanks for all the info guys.....Super Sports it is!!!!

I was talking to few fellas from the M//Flight club today...and they all talked up the SSs too.....

With all the hype for the SSs....just curious....what is the market for the PS2s than?

pato
07-14-12, 11:37 AM
Good choice. I love my Super Sports!

OneFast V
07-14-12, 02:07 PM
Thanks for all the info guys.....Super Sports it is!!!!

I was talking to few fellas from the M//Flight club today...and they all talked up the SSs too.....

With all the hype for the SSs....just curious....what is the market for the PS2s than?

The super sports are the replacements for the PS2s. I believe they will discontinue selling the PS2s

mberisha
07-15-12, 06:13 PM
The super sports are the replacements for the PS2s. I believe they will discontinue selling the PS2s

Thanks for the clarification....for the longest time for some reason I thought the PS2s were the replacements for the SS.....

I'm really excited to get the SSs and hit the twisties in Northern Cali in a few weeks!

OneFast V
07-15-12, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the clarification....for the longest time for some reason I thought the PS2s were the replacements for the SS.....

I'm really excited to get the SSs and hit the twisties in Northern Cali in a few weeks!

Maybe you should setup up a group drive:thumbsup:

mberisha
07-16-12, 03:42 PM
Maybe you should setup up a group drive:thumbsup:

That's a DONE Deal....V should be arriving in Oakland about the 3rd week of August. How's early Sept sound?

OneFast V
07-17-12, 12:39 AM
Sounds good to me.

mberisha
07-17-12, 11:43 PM
Sounds good to me.

Looking forward to it....I'll start a new thread.

BTW....how many V's we have in the area?

OneFast V
07-18-12, 01:23 PM

V1s? i've met 4-5 other V1 owners. V2... i've met 10+ V2 owners. so the majority of the people in the bay that frequent the forums are v2 guys but there are several v1s also.

mberisha
08-12-12, 02:55 PM
About to pull the trigger on purchasing the SS.....I take it that TireRack is the best deal from my research. Also...would you guys buy new TPMS or use the old ones (I'm switching rims as well)?

BTW....anyone know of a good shop in the Greater Sacramento area to install....I'm actually north of Sac Town by about 45mins.

mstrjon32
08-12-12, 05:24 PM
What ever you do, just make sure you get them road force balanced when they put them on. I had two shops balance the tires on the V before I got them road force balanced and it makes a huge difference in vibrations...

mberisha
08-12-12, 10:15 PM
What ever you do, just make sure you get them road force balanced when they put them on. I had two shops balance the tires on the V before I got them road force balanced and it makes a huge difference in vibrations...

Will do...thanks for the heads up!

BTW....you'd LOVE the roads around here.....can't wait for the V to get here!

jeph054
08-13-12, 12:23 PM
I powder coated by stock rims and use the OEM TPMS. no problems at all. I run the SS stock size and they are great. Very versatile tire. A little expensive for the mileage you get but... just make they r warm before you start wailing on them otherwise TC will take over...haha

rand49er
08-13-12, 12:37 PM
Got my Super Sports at tirerack and used an old set of TPMSs that I bought from a member here about six years ago. They'd been sitting on the shelf all this time, and they work great.

So do the tires, btw. :thumbsup:

50 4Ever
08-14-12, 10:35 PM

Where's this thread going to be about the cruise? I might be interested.

:cheers:

OneFast V
08-15-12, 12:55 AM
Where's this thread going to be about the cruise? I might be interested.

:cheers:

I think he is still waiting for the v to arrive. But indeed let's get a meet planned.

Crash-Override
08-15-12, 10:33 AM
Just ordered my Super Sports and should be in by tomorrow. Cant wait to get these on!!

50 4Ever
08-15-12, 11:13 AM
Just ordered my Super Sports and should be in by tomorrow. Cant wait to get these on!!

I ordered mine Friday but won't get them put on until September because of trips. I can't wait either....

50 4Ever
08-15-12, 11:16 AM
I think he is still waiting for the v to arrive. But indeed let's get a meet planned.

I have a trip planned in September, I think the 14th thru at least the 25th. I'll attend if I can....

mberisha
10-30-12, 12:50 AM
Should be able to find some time to get the SSs put on next week. Argghhh....crazy work hrs.....

Anyways....anyone in the Sac/Bay Area still interested in rallying? If so....let me know...and I'll start a new thread....

OneFast V
10-30-12, 10:46 AM
Should be able to find some time to get the SSs put on next week. Argghhh....crazy work hrs.....

Anyways....anyone in the Sac/Bay Area still interested in rallying? If so....let me know...and I'll start a new thread....

Start a thread!

50 4Ever
10-30-12, 05:16 PM

I'm interested....

xxxcrown
10-31-12, 12:05 AM
I had PS2's on my m3, I have Super Sports on my V. The supersports are much better.