Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Fog lights

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  gogmgo 
#1 ·
Here we go. After much research and investigation here is what I have found out. The OEM Fogs were only available on the CTS with HID Headlights. HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!! Check out "BIGDADDY CADILLAC" on ebay. They have a complete kit OEM parts for $379.00 But it requires that you use a seperate dash switch. At this point who cares? With a seperate switch its better. You will NOT loose your fog lights when you go from low to high beam. Hope this helps.

#2 ·
Added info...... If you go with this kit, add the E&G air duct wire mesh covers. For those unaware, on the performance package, there was duct work system for brake cooling. (BTW for both front and rear brakes). And as an added bit of info, this air duct system is available for purchase as well. Another mod for another day.

#5 ·
Fog lights im talking factory, my car did not come with any. The switch is aftermarket but a member here was able to use the factory switch. I wired the fogs myself and the install itself is very simple.

The factory HID headlights are direct swap. The entire housing ... It works. Only thing you won't have is adaptive lighting and self leveling so going up hills you may throw a little bit more light and etc.

#9 ·
^ not a bad idea, easy bulb replacement (cheaprt too) versus changing out the low beam (DLR) headlight bulbs. Another reason for a seperate switch on the dash. While some prefer the fog light indicator to light on the dash. I prefer the control of a seperate switch.

#11 ·
Of course they don't - front fog lights are useless but the US car manufacturers constantly highlight them as a "safety" or "must-have" feature. Have you ever turned them on in fog on a country road or the highway? They don't work as advertised. Rear fog lights, which are a standard safety feature on all cars outside of North America, are the opposite. They save lives and are amazing to watch in action. All my cars have them (non-US versions) and anytime there is fog or heavy rain I switch them on and alert drivers behind me to be careful. These are very powerful fog piercing red lights usually below the bumper and are quite annoying actually when there is no fog. But there you have it - just one of the many reasons why European safety standards have moved far ahead of the US and consequently have road fatality rates 1/3rd to 1/2 less than the US and much higher speed limits.

#13 ·
I agree - it is one of the reasons I love living in Europe. I get to drive on the world's best roads; the driving skill set is higher than in the US, people care about their cars, and you can drive at the speeds for which our cars were engineered. There is something really cool about caning the XLR up a 3-4 lane highway incline at speeds of 200 kph+ in the left lane while the four-pot diesel hatchbacks and 18 wheel beasts of burden labor to get up the hill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.