: Bottom line - Best way to hook aftermarket amp/sub to stock Nav system

Rugster
07-12-12, 11:34 AM
I've searched around and seen many different answers. I want to know what the best option is for hooking an amp/sub to the stock nav system. I've heard of splicing in and adding level converters but sometimes the quality leaves something to be desired. Is there a plug and play module that will give me rca outputs without cutting in the stock bose amp?

Thanks

anhandrew
07-12-12, 03:08 PM
The best way is get a amp that has a high level in. Tap into the sub output under the front console cup holder. You can get to this by pulling the cup holder assembly out. The wire is a four wire connection. You can get a remote out from the driverside footwell. Pull the black cover off the junction box above the brake pedal. This are a couple spots were it looks like a connector can be pluged into. Test it out with a voltmeter and you will find a ignition wire from there for a remote.

I ended up using a jl slash 500x1 amp with a JL 13tw5. it's turned all the way down and the head unit bass is right below mid and it hits hard.

Rugster
07-12-12, 03:21 PM
My amp does have a high level in, and I added the Scosche AXIPGMLAN unit which provides a remote out. Can you direct me to a wire harness that would make tapping into the sub output easiest? Thanks!

quattrotman
07-13-12, 01:39 AM
Here is a really good write up on where to tap into:

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2007-tahoe-add-amp-21865/

Rugster
07-13-12, 09:51 AM
Thats a great link, thank you!

Out of curiousity, would this work:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19628_PAC-AOEM-GM1416.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productads&gclid=COm3-rrS87ACFYeo4AodxxjGEQ#tabs

It says it works for 07-09 escalade but does not mention if it's for the Nav system or the no Nav system.

quattrotman
07-14-12, 06:31 AM
Thats a great link, thank you!

Out of curiousity, would this work:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19628_PAC-AOEM-GM1416.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productads&gclid=COm3-rrS87ACFYeo4AodxxjGEQ#tabs

It says it works for 07-09 escalade but does not mention if it's for the Nav system or the no Nav system.

Don't quote me on it but I think it will only work for the base stereo. If I were you I'd just shop for an amp that has it built in. A lot of kicker amps do (that's what I got and it worked great and install was super easy).

Rugster
07-14-12, 12:20 PM
Mine does also, was just looking to simplify the install.

anhandrew
07-16-12, 11:54 AM
The wiring harness is under the cup holder. Grab it and pull it up really hard and it will come out. There is a plug that is a four wire plug with the colors for the sub woofer wires. I don't remember the colors but that is how i did it.

Rugster
07-16-12, 04:08 PM
I just need to find the harness that plugs into my amp...that's the biggest issue right now.

evois
07-16-12, 06:01 PM
I did an install before, can't you just use the wires of the speaker output? Some amps allows you to do that and connect the rest of the stuff from the new amp?